Could Tua overtake Burrow???? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Tua overtake Burrow????

Doubtful that either Tua or Herbert would go ahead of Burrow at #1. If either did then I would be thrilled to take Burrow

I think there's little to no chance the Bengals will switch gears to Tua Tagovailoa at #1 overall.

I would say zero. In recent days I've seen two draft experts who seldom go overboard offer their Burrow comparisons...one to Tom Brady and one to Kurt Warner.

If that type of thinking is out there at all, then they can't pass on Burrow for anybody.

I still have to laugh that Dolphins fans were rooting for victories and somehow rationalizing it as proper. Look at how tough our coach looks.

It's like we're always going to get stuck in today and today alone, with nothing else even mildly foreseeable.

Minus the Tua injury I think it's interesting but still likely Burrow ahead. Let's not deny it was trending in that direction. The prior injury was already there plus the loss to LSU with Burrow outplaying him. The question would have been Alabama versus Auburn and whether a Tua-led victory there would have been enough to elevate Alabama over Oklahoma and into the playoffs. Would the committee have done that, intentionally set up an Alabama/LSU rematch with the two glamour quarterbacks, even though Oklahoma was conference champion and Alabama outside the SEC title game?

Yes, it would have. With tons of ammunition in the Tua vs. Hurts aspect alone

If he checks out medically do you think Tua overtakes Burrow as the #1 QB?

Would you be happy with Burrow then being our QB?

I think if that happens we WILL have to move to 2 or 3 because Carolina will give a ton to get their hands on him.

Don't forget the tie-breaker. Burrow starts this fall. That extra year is worth something

I would say zero. In recent days I've seen two draft experts who seldom go overboard offer their Burrow comparisons...one to Tom Brady and one to Kurt Warner.

If that type of thinking is out there at all, then they can't pass on Burrow for anybody.

I still have to laugh that Dolphins fans were rooting for victories and somehow rationalizing it as proper. Look at how tough our coach looks.

It's like we're always going to get stuck in today and today alone, with nothing else even mildly foreseeable.

Minus the Tua injury I think it's interesting but still likely Burrow ahead. Let's not deny it was trending in that direction. The prior injury was already there plus the loss to LSU with Burrow outplaying him. The question would have been Alabama versus Auburn and whether a Tua-led victory there would have been enough to elevate Alabama over Oklahoma and into the playoffs. Would the committee have done that, intentionally set up an Alabama/LSU rematch with the two glamour quarterbacks, even though Oklahoma was conference champion and Alabama outside the SEC title game?

Yes, it would have. With tons of ammunition in the Tua vs. Hurts aspect alone
Yes - It was clear to me that Bama was outplayed by LSU - however Tua looked ridiculously good and all the competitor coming off limited snaps in practice - how much better could have Tua places those balls that fell at the feet of his WRs? How much better could have Tua played?

Yes there was the fumble at a critical time inside LSUs 20 but what is lost here is the crazy compete he showed

That is the stuff of an NFL QB - and these intangibles are worth moving up for

The LSU game was a big positive for Tua Tagovailoa.

Prior to that game there had been quite a bit of talk behind the scenes that NFL scouts don't rate Tua quite as godly as the media and fans have taken to doing. There were still some overhangs about the Georgia and Clemson games, this perception that he didn't show up for the biggest games (which is pure ridiculousness but it was out there), and especially the sense that he's got such a great surrounding cast at Bama that his success isn't deserved.

He made some mistakes in that LSU game, like the fumble, but he really poked a giant hole in those perceptions. It was clear that he was playing better than the team around him, including those receivers who were dropping balls and not getting open at times. He wasn't getting protection. It was the biggest game of the year and he was gutting it out while hobbled.

Yes, if Tua hadn't got hurt, the committee would have absolutely found a way to get Alabama back into the playoffs. And it would have set up perfectly for a rematch between Tua and Burrow.

And a healthy Tua probably goes above Joe Burrow in the draft, because of the questions about Burrow's velocity and his being a one-year wonder. I've also heard echoed from the inside the very same concern Slimm voiced about Burrow's having been an older graduate with nothing to do except study and practice football all day every day...competing against kids that had to balance student and football lives.

the answer to your question is yes, but i don't see the bengals taking on any medical risk when they have a solid prospect coming off a best-in-class hesiman SEC college year of football staring them in the face with a clean bill of health

that would take some big cojones and a lot of conviction.

This is exactly where I am. That’s why I full on believe we trade up to 2 tua is a dolphin.

now it’s just time to nut up

Back
Top Bottom