Could Tua's insertion resurrect Jordan Howard's career | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Tua's insertion resurrect Jordan Howard's career

Next year, I suspect that Gaskin will platoon with a rookie, Brieda will again be our change-of-pace back, and Laird will fight a rookie UDFA-type to keep his 4th RB/special teams job. I think the bulk of our running back crew will remain the same.

Howard was/is a terrible fit for this offense. With or without Tua. We are a pass first team and our best run plays are usually out of shotgun thus Gaskins has been doing better than Howard.

Team resurrection "yes." Howard resurrection "no."

Unless Tua can handoff, horse collar Howard and toss him over the defense while Howard holds onto the ball.

Drafting Najee Harris wouldn't hurt.
Haven't posted in ages but have to here:

It's possible that the change to Tua will improve overall efficiency, and due to more plays being ran this year, also increases productivity. Who will be the recipient/s? Howard? Could be, maybe not.

Someone will benefit though. I, for one am excited that I got to see 6 weeks of 3-3 ball with Fitz. Now, I get to see 10 weeks of Tua running the offense. It could be a tale of 2 halves instead of 1 season. It could be a lot of growing pains, or a complete train wreck. I'm eager to see where the Dolphins go.

We have seen very little of Jordan Howard and in recent weeks he's been unable to even make the team as an active player for games. We've heard nothing about any injury as an excuse - he's just been flat out beaten by Myles Gaskin. A really interesting throwaway comment from Jerome Baker the other week, when asked about Gaskin, he said that Myles' playing time might have been a surprise to the media and fans but after defending against him every day in training camp, his improvement was obvious.
What I inferred from this is that the players knew we were rolling with Gaskin and when Tua Tagovailoa starts, what changes with the running game? Nothing - unless we land someone via a trade, our RBs are Gaskin and Breida.
i've read that Howard has been out of shape (no idea why that might be).

i'd kind of like to see him get another chance at some point.

i'm a masochist, i guess. but he's here, might as well try him again. maybe the run blocking will improve just enough to give him the daylight he needs.

How are these the fault of the backs? Ballage? Howard? I do not see Breida tearing it up. As much as Gaskins has been semi-effective, he still is working for his 3-4 yards a carry. There is no homerun factor. The offensive lone has been good pass protecting, but they are not getting a push running. 2021 goals will be to improve their run blocking (maybe through personnel or scheme) and draft a homerun hitter

I don’t think anyone can help Howard lol

It is pretty crazy how a pretty big FA signing in Jordan Howard has led to absolutely nothing. Howard has been one of the best all purpose backs in the league the last few years. Fitz ran a more conventional offense, if Tua does come in and run more RPO....I wonder if that could possibly make Howard more valuable to us?
No I don’t see it.

He just dosemt seem to work with how our line blocks. Gaskins dose not have that same problem

Assuming a more RPO-based running attack (and I do), the clear recipient of more touches with Tagovailoa at QB is the RB with the greatest burst, breakaway speed, and skillset perfect for that system: Matt Breida.

Myles Gaskin is the perfect tryhard type of player, not real big, not real fast, no home run threat - but he can break a couple of tackles and get 2 yards when your blocking only offers one, 5 yards when your blocking only offers three. Can you get by with Myles Gaskin? Sure, but he's not going to give you any appreciable wins above replacement.

I’m good with rolling with Gaskin..good player..

Back
Top Bottom