Could Wade Smith start this year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Wade Smith start this year?

Mufasito1124

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Well i kno he played bad last year, but with houck being the new offensive line coach do you think he will find his way into the starting LT position? He's young and showed alot of upside his rookie year. And i heard a while back that he was learning the center position< anything new on that?

Mufasito1124 said:
Well i kno he played bad last year, but with houck being the new offensive line coach do you think he will find his way into the starting LT position? He's young and showed alot of upside his rookie year. And i heard a while back that he was learning the center position< anything new on that?
Basicly, he has no shot to start at the LT position. Saban and Houck have moved him to the Center position, where I believe he is doing better then at the LT position. He is going to compete with McKinney(and possibly Hadnot) for the starting Center job.

I sure hope Hadnot is in the running for the center position. McKinney needs somebody other than Smith pushing him. But yeah, I don't see Smith at LT -- I think McIntosh pretty much has that locked up. If Hadnot has the mobility to play center at the NFL level, here's the line I'd like to see:

LT -- McIntosh
LG -- James
C -- Hadnot
RG -- Carey
RT -- McDougle

Soo if Hadnot does start at RG what happens with vernon carey, wouldnt he be an expensive backup

Mufasito1124 said:
Soo if Hadnot does start at RG what happens with vernon carey, wouldnt he be an expensive backup
Carey is competing with McIntosh at LT, but my hope is that Carey moves to RG and Hadnot takes over the center job.

Mufasito1124 said:

Carey could start at LT for us this year. If McIntosh beats out Carey at LT, then Carey could possibly be our top backup for LT,RG and RT.

I agree with the phin fan above...Carey at RG and Hadnot at C.

Could Smith start??? Maybe but if he does it will be at center. I've read a couple of places that he played C at Memphis, but my old draft guides had him at TE, RT, and LT. Does any one know if he really did play any C in college?

What it looks like:

LT- Damion McIntosh
LG- Jeno James
C - Seth McKinney
RG: Rex Hadnot
RT: Stockar McDougle

What I would like:

LT
- Damion McIntosh
LG- Jeno James
C - Rex Hadnot
RG- Vernon Carey
RT- Stockar McDougle

I honestly don't see any shot of Wade Smith of starting OTHER THAN at Center where he'll have some competition with Seth McKinney and Rex Hadnot. Should be interesting.

painnotpleasure said:
LT- Damion McIntosh
LG- Jeno James
C - Seth McKinney
RG: Rex Hadnot
RT: Stockar McDougle

This is how I see it too.

Our first round pick riding the pine for the second consecutive year while a sixth rounder starts for the second consecutive year. Vernon will see time once someone gets hurt.

Carey is shaping up to be just another in a long line of busts and reaches for this team in the first round.

Another reason Spiel loses his job.

Could have moved up a few spots in the fourth that year and taken Nat Dorsey, who also needed time to develop and taken Wilfork with our first pick.

Sometimes looking back really hurts.

I think Wade Smith's best chance to start is at Center and I am glad Houck moved him there because it could salvage his career.

I don't know if I see Hadnot starting. I could see St. Clair moving inside.

Back
Top Bottom