Could we get Clinton Portis as our running back? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could we get Clinton Portis as our running back?

Flyin11

Mark Clayton
Reaction score
Any chance on getting Clinton Portis from the Canes in the draft?
:confused: I think it would be a great addition ;) :D

We could still get him on our first or second pick right? :confused: He'll go before the 3rd round...they could get him on the 2nd pick as well...

Originally posted by Flyin11
We could still get him on our first or second pick right? :confused: He'll go before the 3rd round...they could get him on the 2nd pick as well...
we traded our 2nd pick to Philly for the 3rd pick we used on Greenwood and he is not a #1 pick I presume

Oh..ok..I see now...I'm not much for statistics :o Dernnit....I would like to have him as a RB :( I hope he last till the 3rd round for us :( Oh well...thanks for clearing that up...I'll keep my fingers crossed ;) I'll stop now so I won't get accused of spamming :p :rolleyes:

NO! Clinton Portis sucks... no other team should get him cause the Dolphins need to sign him to keep the streak of crappy Running Backs... hehehe... my evil plan... lmao! :lol:

so RHoffman can pre-emptively add Clinton Portis to his list / sig. :p :lol:

Actually, Portis' stock should be rising after his strong showing at the end of the season and in the Rose Bowl. He is certainly a question mark, though, considering he ran behind the best O-line in college football. Heck, that O-line would've been an improvement for the Bills this year.lol.

Originally posted by Jeff1220
Heck, that O-line would've been an improvement for the Bills this year.lol.
that O-line would've been an improvement over the Fin this year, too :eek: :cry: :lol:

I still think he is a good back..If you can get 80-100 yds a game...then you are a good running back ;)

TSN says Clinton Portis will go to Cleveland in the first round because they need a RB and Davis has no problem drafting Miami players. I honestly would rather have Duckett, William Green, DeShaun Foster, Damien Anderson, or Lucke Staley, because Portis is being hyped because the Canes won it all.

Don't we all ready have Clinton Portis? Doesn't he go by the name of Travis Minor? If we draft a rb we need a guy that can pound the ball, not another speed back.

Originally posted by Dajesus
Don't we all ready have Clinton Portis? Doesn't he go by the name of Travis Minor? If we draft a rb we need a guy that can pound the ball, not another speed back.

Well then I guess you would want to stick with Lamar huh :rolleyes:

Clinton played at Gainesville High School in my hometown, then went to Uof Miami and dominated, so I have zero complaints if Miami wants to draft him.:cool:

Originally posted by Flyin11

Well then I guess you would want to stick with Lamar huh :rolleyes:

The problem w/that idea is Lamar's body is to old to keep pounding away. I think that might have been part of his problem this season. He tried to be something he wasn't, and attempted to make people miss in the backfeild rather than run through them.

Back
Top Bottom