Could Xavien Be On His Way To Detroit? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Xavien Be On His Way To Detroit?

The problem there is the Chargers have the 6th pick.
So what. If they trade up to draft Tua, the Dolphins simply stay at 5 and draft Herbert if they have interest in him or take the best offensive lineman on the board. I don’t see Tua holding up injury wise in the NFL and therefore I think the Dolphins would be making a huge mistake in moving up to draft him. If he is there at 5 and they draft him, I can live with that because they would only be using one first round pick on him.

So what. If they trade up to draft Tua, the Dolphins simply stay at 5 and draft Herbert if they have interest in him or take the best offensive lineman on the board. I don’t see Tua holding up injury wise in the NFL and therefore I think the Dolphins would be making a huge mistake in moving up to draft him. If he is there at 5 and they draft him, I can live with that because they would only be using one first round pick on him.
Best case scenario stay and pick him at 5.

I’m not overvaluing X I know what he is. A number 1 CB that’s going to miss a few games a year. I’m not trading that and number 5 for a more talented Sam Bradford.

X is a number one CB with a huge contract, an injury history, and a possible suspension for that whole DV nonsense coming up. He isn’t as valuable as you think.

Also, stop the with Tua hate. This is about the value of pick 3, not the player who you think will be selected.

I love X, great 2nd pick that developed into a helluva of a player but he’s not valued that high.

1. Injury prone for the past two seasons
2. Huge contract
3. Off the field issues

I hope we keep him, paired with Jones is an amazing tandem.

I would even trade X for Detroits 2nd rounder. I think its #3 in the 2nd round. I would do it. I personally think X is overrated.

X + #5 for #3 works for me. Big contract, arrest for domestic violence. Miami gets Tua without having to lose any other draft picks to get him. In my book that would be a big win for continuing to build a foundation of this team.

Signing Jones makes that doable. Could make sense for Detroit as well as they could take Brown or Simmons at #5 rather than Okudah at #3. Not sure where the Lions stand salary cap wise at this moment.

I don't think Detriot will be taking Tua at #3 regardless, but I think a team other than Miami can trade up for him with either Detroit or the Giants.

Are we sure X will not be suspended for a few games?

X is worth two first round draft picks. Didn't Jalen Ramsey go for that?

Jalen Ramsay was instantly looked at as one of the best young CB's in the NFL if not THE best CB from his rookie year up until he got traded. Not to mention he was still on his rookie contract when he was traded and had never missed an NFL game up to that point.

I don't think X is worth 2 1st round picks like Ramsey, however, given that X is already under contract and Ramsey wasn't, X is definitely worth a 1st. I don't think #3 is worth X & #5. However, X & 26 or x & 18 plus getting back another pick might work for me.

What? Ramsey was still on his rookie contract when he was traded. He played for the Rams for 2 years on a rookie contract which is an ideal scenario for any team trading for an elite talent especially a team with SB aspirations.

I think NFL teams value X a lot lower than us Dolphins fans do. He has a history of missing significant time due to reoccurring knee injuries. His play is very inconsistent when he isn’t 100% healthy. He is on year 2 of a monster 6 year contract. We might end up trading him to the Lions, but I see him having a late 1st-2nd round pick value right now best case scenario (if he played 16 games at a pro bowl level last year it would be a different case). Given how the NFL has handled domestic violence cases in the past there is also a chance he gets a short suspension next year as well.
And your post is the exact reason why X maybe on the trade market. The F.O. is confident enough that they can replace X in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom