Could Xavien Be On His Way To Detroit? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Xavien Be On His Way To Detroit?

I think we rebuilt the defense with free agency because we can move up to pick 1 and take burrow while keeping pick 18 for a LT. Trading 5 and our late first plus a second i believe equates to the value of pick 1.

Just a suspicion that I have.
What part of Bengals 84 year old owner and GM, Mike Brown having never traded a high Draft pick don't you understand? The media can hype possible trade scenarios but it ain't happening. The guy doesn't trade high Draft picks.

I wouldn’t trade X at all. What’s w the off the field narrative? Yes he had an incident that was dropped. Before that he was hailed as a model citizen who overcame tremendous odds. Which one is it?
Just because the incident was dropped, doesn't mean Roger is going to drop it. I think he's looking at a four game suspension.

Although I think it will happen, I really do not want to trade X. Problem with the OPs scenario: we do it and the Chargers or some other QB hungry team make a deal with Washington for the #2. We still don't get our first choice. I'm not sure we have to worry about the Chargers wanting Tua, unless they plan on bringing in a vet for a year. They do not have a starting QB right now, and Tua is not starting next season. Keep X, stay at #5 and pick up a terrific football player.

If Miami drafts a CB relatively high, I'd take that as writing on the wall for Xavien Howard.

If Miami drafts a CB relatively high after just making X the highest paid CB last year and then Jones this year I'm going to start a go fund me so I can take out a full-page ad in the Miami Herald calling for Grier's job.

I want Howard to stay and and admit I would like to see the Howard/Jones combo in the secondary. However, if Miami were to trade Howard for Chris Jones from the Chiefs, sign a vet corner for this year and then draft Surtain jr next year to play opposite Jones that would be a damn good option too.

X and 18 for #3. #3 and #5 for #1? You're basically trading X, #5, and #18 for Burrow. After seeing what we did in free agency, would you do that? Not saying I would before everyone crucifies me, just throwing a scenario out there for thought...

But what if we’re taking a #2 while trading for #1? Would that not be considered a #3? And don’t we take #3s when taking #2s any way seeing as it comes out of both ends? :p

Would rather just sit tight at 5 and see what happens .... worst case we end up with Herbert or Love ... and we keep all of our other picks ...

While it’s nearly unanimous that Tua is the best QB, I am in the fold that believes he is glass, so would prefer NOT to give up any additional picks for him ...

Would rather just sit tight at 5 and see what happens .... worst case we end up with Herbert or Love ... and we keep all of our other picks ...

While it’s nearly unanimous that Tua is the best QB, I am in the fold that believes he is glass, so would prefer NOT to give up any additional picks for him ...

God bless you!

I think we rebuilt the defense with free agency because we can move up to pick 1 and take burrow while keeping pick 18 for a LT. Trading 5 and our late first plus a second i believe equates to the value of pick 1.

Just a suspicion that I have.
That 1st pick won't go for the typical #1 value, they will rape anyone looking for that pick. I can't see them trading it when they need a QB and the #1 consensus pick is a QB. But then again it is the Bengals...

Back
Top Bottom