Could Xavien Be On His Way To Detroit? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Xavien Be On His Way To Detroit?

phinking

Active Roster
Reaction score
The thought of this possibility bothers me, but I just thought I would share it. Detroit just traded Darius Slay to Philadelphia, which leaves a hole at CB. Miami wants a franchise QB. The Chargers want a franchise QB. Detroit will no draft a QB because they have Stafford. I see a scenario where Miami gives up Xavien Howard along with their No. 5 pick to swap spots with Detroit to secure Tua Tagovailoa . Keep in mind, the Chargers currently own the 6th pick. Personally, I don't want Xavien going anywhere.

Could happen but they did just sign Desmond Trufant. Only way I could get on board with this would be having Logan Ryan on deck to pair w Jones.

The thought bothers all of us, that’s why we’re trying not to think and talk about it.

X is worth more on the field than the 18th pick in the draft by comparison, especially since you just created somewhat of a team identity with a pair of lockdown corners.

The injuries are another angle. Again, I try not to think about it because I can’t control it. You can expect the I told you so crowd to slam the team if he gets hurt for not trading him.

I wish those people would identify themselves now since they possess crystal balls. I promise I’ll sing your praises later if you go on record now.

If we move up at all, I hope we wait until after Cincinnati makes it's pick. Any team willing to jump ahead of us to 3 is probably willing to jump ahead of us to 2. I don't want the FO to spend the capital to move up to 3 only to get leapfrogged before they pick.

You’re overvaluing X and undervaluing 3.
I’m not overvaluing X I know what he is. A number 1 CB that’s going to miss a few games a year. I’m not trading that and number 5 for a more talented Sam Bradford.

I don't think X is worth 2 1st round picks like Ramsey, however, given that X is already under contract and Ramsey wasn't, X is definitely worth a 1st. I don't think #3 is worth X & #5. However, X & 26 or x & 18 plus getting back another pick might work for me.

I think NFL teams value X a lot lower than us Dolphins fans do. He has a history of missing significant time due to reoccurring knee injuries. His play is very inconsistent when he isn’t 100% healthy. He is on year 2 of a monster 6 year contract. We might end up trading him to the Lions, but I see him having a late 1st-2nd round pick value right now best case scenario (if he played 16 games at a pro bowl level last year it would be a different case). Given how the NFL has handled domestic violence cases in the past there is also a chance he gets a short suspension next year as well.

Back
Top Bottom