Could Xavien Be On His Way To Detroit? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Xavien Be On His Way To Detroit?

As often as Xavien Howard is hurt, an early season suspension might be the best thing for him. Maybe he survives 12 games and playoffs, God willing.

Detroit just opened the door for X. I think we are moving up to 3 with X and our 5th. Tua will be the pick

Detroit just opened the door for X. I think we are moving up to 3 with X and our 5th. Tua will be the pick

Detroit signed Desmont Trufant so I hight doubt they go get another expensive CB especially if it's going to cost high draft capital.

Detroit signed Desmont Trufant so I hight doubt they go get another expensive CB especially if it's going to cost high draft capital.

Trufant’s contract with Detroit isn’t that high. X’s days are numbered in Miami. Look at how much Miami has tied up in just 2 corners now.

Trufant’s contract with Detroit isn’t that high. X’s days are numbered in Miami. Look at how much Miami has tied up in just 2 corners now.
If they want they can make it work as the cap will be going up significantly in the next two years plus a rookie QB contract coming up.

Hes going nowhere. Only thing I'd red flag is Howards fitness regarding injuries. That's the only way the FO will trade him. Otherwise hes solid. I'm not buying Howard being top 5 Corner though. I've seen the likes of Surtain & Madison. They were legit and seriously great. Injury prone players are a weakness over a season. Depth then comes in. Howard hasn't done enough yet to change my opinion.

Trading 5 picks to get Burrow, big mistake if that happens. I personally feel he is overrated, Tua is the best QB in this draft, though he comes with injury concerns. If we are going to go all out, and trade a ton of picks for a franchise QB, then wait till next year and get Lawrence. Good free agent signings this week, continue to build with this years draft picks, let Fitzmagic work one more year, then all in on Lawrence.

Trading 5 picks to get Burrow, big mistake if that happens. I personally feel he is overrated, Tua is the best QB in this draft, though he comes with injury concerns. If we are going to go all out, and trade a ton of picks for a franchise QB, then wait till next year and get Lawrence. Good free agent signings this week, continue to build with this years draft picks, let Fitzmagic work one more year, then all in on Lawrence.
There were a lot of people here "all in on Tua" six months ago.

True Trufant isn't that expensive but from my understanding, they traded Slay because he was going to ask for a big payday in the $16-$17 million range. So why give up draft picks and take on that salary when they coulda just kept Slay who is only 2 years older than Howard and not give up the draft picks. Much like Mission Impossible part 1 it just doesn't make sense.

There were a lot of people here "all in on Tua" six months ago.
They were but Tua got hurt.. that major injury.. it not bad thing.. well we all as fan should be concern.. should we draft Tua idk. He will be there at 5. If dolphins want him.

If X goes I think it will most likely be pre or during the draft. If he's on the roster afterwards, I think he stays.
My theory is, if Xavien Howard was on the trade block, the media and/or team insiders would have been all over it by now. Beasley stated, he's not heard anything with regards to a trade. I believe Howard is here to stay. Flores loves CB's. I think the Byron Jones signing was a situation that Miami kind of stumbled onto and won the bidding. All the while knowing they were Pairing him with X. It's the perfect situation cap wise, knowing that they are the 2 highest paid players on the team and have enormous cap flexibility moving forward. But if Miami does trade him, I'd think a CB would be a high priority on draft day. We'll see.

My theory is, if Xavien Howard was on the trade block, the media and/or team insiders would have been all over it by now. Beasley stated, he's not heard anything with regards to a trade. I believe Howard is here to stay. Flores loves CB's. I think the Byron Jones signing was a situation that Miami kind of stumbled onto and won the bidding. All the while knowing they were Pairing him with X. It's the perfect situation cap wise, knowing that they are the 2 highest paid players on the team and have enormous cap flexibility moving forward. But if Miami does trade him, I'd think a CB would be a high priority on draft day. We'll see.
I love the pairing, I hope he sticks around...

I think we rebuilt the defense with free agency because we can move up to pick 1 and take burrow while keeping pick 18 for a LT. Trading 5 and our late first plus a second i believe equates to the value of pick 1.

Just a suspicion that I have.
The value of pick one is whatever the Bengals decide is needed to move into that position. I suspect that they would likely want the Dolphins 3 first round picks and at least a second round pick and a pick in the 2021 draft.
That may seem like a lot but the Bengals are in the spot to dictate what it would require to move up to one and if they don’t get what they want they just draft Burrow. The best QB in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom