Could Xavien Be On His Way To Detroit? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Xavien Be On His Way To Detroit?

What part of Bengals 84 year old owner and GM, Mike Brown having never traded a high Draft pick don't you understand? The media can hype possible trade scenarios but it ain't happening. The guy doesn't trade high Draft picks.

5 is still a high draft pick last time i checked.

That 1st pick won't go for the typical #1 value, they will rape anyone looking for that pick. I can't see them trading it when they need a QB and the #1 consensus pick is a QB. But then again it is the Bengals...

Yes plus there is a lot of smoke that the fins are talking about trading for burrow. Sure some people can say things will never happen but did anyone see brady on the bucs?

Yes plus there is a lot of smoke that the fins are talking about trading for burrow. Sure some people can say things will never happen but did anyone see brady on the bucs?

If that rumor is true (I doubt it) and IF Miami is the only bidder, the price won't be extortionate.

What part of Bengals 84 year old owner and GM, Mike Brown having never traded a high Draft pick don't you understand? The media can hype possible trade scenarios but it ain't happening. The guy doesn't trade high Draft picks.

Wow, I had no idea. If that's true then it's unlikely they trade that #1 pick.

Please do not trade up. Draft picks are always a gamble.
I want a QB also but if it is Love and 2 first round other players Im good

What's up with these stories coming out that Patrica is an absolute A$$ to work for?

Jalen Ramsay was instantly looked at as one of the best young CB's in the NFL if not THE best CB from his rookie year up until he got traded. Not to mention he was still on his rookie contract when he was traded and had never missed an NFL game up to that point.
Until he sat down...

X + #5 for #3 works for me. Big contract, arrest for domestic violence. Miami gets Tua without having to lose any other draft picks to get him. In my book that would be a big win for continuing to build a foundation of this team.

Signing Jones makes that doable. Could make sense for Detroit as well as they could take Brown or Simmons at #5 rather than Okudah at #3. Not sure where the Lions stand salary cap wise at this moment.

I don't think Detriot will be taking Tua at #3 regardless, but I think a team other than Miami can trade up for him with either Detroit or the Giants.
I think we should trade all our #1 for the next 10 years and Howard and Rosen to move up 2 slots. I am glad your not calling the shots.

I think we should trade all our #1 for the next 10 years and Howard and Rosen to move up 2 slots. I am glad your not calling the shots.
I don't think his idea is crazy at all. How many of you on this forum are that confident that Howard's knee will hold up for the next 4 years?

I don't think his idea is crazy at all. How many of you on this forum are that confident that Howard's knee will hold up for the next 4 years?
Hint; "sarcasm"... Did you see "all our #1 for the next 10 years" ?
I would go X + # 18 to go up 2 spots. 2 top 5 picks gets us a QB and Simmons, or Brown.

An elite QB hides every other weakness on your team; save maybe D... but even then he can definitely make it 50/50. No other single player can do that.

So, you either subscribe to save draft picks and build your team around the future QB you hope will land in your lap. OR you sell the farm, take a chance and hope you strike gold.

And if you want to start limiting the discussion to health vs. risk/reward.... is Joe Burrow's health now a better asset that Tua and his health?

Is it worth three #1's to get a healthy Burrow?

Worst case.... what if Burrow AND Tua are gone at #5? How happy are you now?

An elite QB hides every other weakness on your team; save maybe D... but even then he can definitely make it 50/50. No other single player can do that.

So, you either subscribe to save draft picks and build your team around the future QB you hope will land in your lap. OR you sell the farm, take a chance and hope you strike gold.

And if you want to start limiting the discussion to health vs. risk/reward.... is Joe Burrow's health now a better asset that Tua and his health?

Is it worth three #1's to get a healthy Burrow?

Worst case.... what if Burrow AND Tua are gone at #5? How happy are you now?

You mean like Brady, last 5 games, hide the WR weakness?

You mean like Brady, last 5 games, hide the WR weakness?

An Elite 43yo QB. But did they not make the playoffs?

I didn't say a elite QB alone wins a SB. I said they can hide almost every other weakness on a team except D.

We have too many examples of QBs carrying their teams. We don't have examples of WRs carrying their teams; or TEs, RBs, OL, DL or any other position.

My point is... if there is one position you sell the farm for... it is QB. Whether or not "this" QB or "that" QB is the right one to sell for is only proven in hindsight. BUT, we do know that when you hit on a QB... your team's trajectory is directly and immediately impacted. Can't be said for any other position.

An Elite 43yo QB. But did they not make the playoffs?

I didn't say a elite QB alone wins a SB. I said they can hide almost every other weakness on a team except D.

We have too many examples of QBs carrying their teams. We don't have examples of WRs carrying their teams; or TEs, RBs, OL, DL or any other position.

My point is... if there is one position you sell the farm for... it is QB. Whether or not "this" QB or "that" QB is the right one to sell for is only proven in hindsight. BUT, we do know that when you hit on a QB... your team's trajectory is directly and immediately impacted. Can't be said for any other position.

In all due respect, your exact quote was "An elite QB hides every other weakness on your team." No "almost" in there. And, yes, they made the playoffs, but with a weakened WR corp, finished the season 2-3.

Domestic violence, injury prone + monster contract = trade for picks, not up though just more picks. Roll the dice with Okudah at 5 if he’s there.

Back
Top Bottom