Could You Stomach Osweiller Starting In 2019? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could You Stomach Osweiller Starting In 2019?

What’s funny is that people act like the alternatives are tanking vs. a good season. In actuality, it’s tanking vs. a mediocre to bad season with no playoffs.

But, for some reason, finishing with 7/8 wins is sooooo much more important than finishing with 2 or 3.

I don't think anyone WANTS the Dolphins to be bad. I don't WANT to have a wasted season.

But on the flip side, if we're going to be bad next season, let's be bad the right way. Get bad contracts cleared off the books, get a high draft pick, and move forward in better position than we would be in if we keep trying to bandage this thing going forward.

hmmm I'm not a fan of tanking for college players who have never played a down in the NFL. Its a risk. Tank an entire season, lose fans, sales....all for Tua or Fromm, who may not even pan out in the NFL. Everyone was sold on Jamarcus Russell, Mark Sanchez, Christian Ponder, Matt Leinart, Jimmy Garrapolo, RG3, Matt Barkley....the list goes on.

Could I stomach Osweiler starting? Well if he had a better OL and receivers got open, sure why not.

The best way to go out the 2020 draft is simple: Xavien Howard. Trade him for a 2020 1st round pick to a team who you know will most likely pick in the Top 10. We now have 2 1st round picks, trade both to move up and get our QB. Jets, Cardinals, Bills, Browns, 49ers are not picking QBs. Tampa Bay and Oakland might, and they might even pick one this year.

hard to pick a team that will finish top 10 which might not garentee you a shot at 1 or 2. tanking is the best solution. if you don’t think it works then ask Indy. the suck for luck was real, the fins should have tanked that year and they wouldn’t be in this predicament.

I don't think anyone WANTS the Dolphins to be bad. I don't WANT to have a wasted season.

But on the flip side, if we're going to be bad next season, let's be bad the right way. Get bad contracts cleared off the books, get a high draft pick, and move forward in better position than we would be in if we keep trying to bandage this thing going forward.
tank or superbowl. closer to being able to tank the the later so i’ll take my chances tanking.

I don’t want the team to be bad, I want them to be great. But I simply don’t believe great or even good is in the cards for the next several years. So between mediocre and bad, I’ll take bad. At least then there’s hope that the front office and the coaching staff can luck into a great player or two.

The mediocrity treadmill in the NFL is death.

Yes, we need to stick with who we already have on the roster, so we can go out in 2019 and suck! (I know it hurts!) Draft a QB in the 3rd-4th this year to groom. And next year choose a top QB. NFL teams only spin their wheels until they have a true franchise QB. It's time we have a run of 10-15 years with a good team.

No, I couldn't stomach it. I can stomach and I'm even cool with seeing what a kid like Falk or a mid round pick can do, but it crosses the line at another Cutler/Osweiler season. No god please no (Michael Scott Voice)

Not sure Dan Marino would take this team to the playoffs next year so I am pretty confident in saying that no QB we bring in this offseason is gonna get us there. I'm fine with getting some defensive pieces this year in the draft and starting Ballage at QB to ensure we get Tua next year. Hope we don't spend cap space on a band aid at QB that's gonna get us to 5-7 wins. This team is going into a bear market. Has to go down before it can go back up.

Yes please. That 0-6 start in 2011 was a dream, including pulling defeat from the jaws of victory, erasing a 15-0 lead vs Tebow to keep the perfect record intact.

The #1 pick was right there, it was all in front of them, the franchise changer Andrew Luck. Then, they won 6 garbage games down the stretch, ended up with the 8th pick and drafted... ugh whatever

Yes please. That 0-6 start in 2011 was a dream, including pulling defeat from the jaws of victory, erasing a 15-0 lead vs Tebow to keep the perfect record intact.

The #1 pick was right there, it was all in front of them, the franchise changer Andrew Luck. Then, they won 6 garbage games down the stretch, ended up with the 8th pick and drafted... ugh whatever
Agreed.

We need a Draft Lottery

With a roster full of youth and Osweiler at QB there will be no “tanking.” The odds are they’ll only win a couple games which I’m fine with. I’ll sacrifice 2019 for the future.

If you're going to tank I'd rather see young guys out there so you can keep the ones that actually play well when you're done tanking. Osweiler will never be good.

Back
Top Bottom