Could You Stomach Osweiller Starting In 2019? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could You Stomach Osweiller Starting In 2019?

Unless some supernatural circumstances happen upon us and a top Qb falls to 13 or 48, draft front seven rounds 1 and 2. Try like hell to acquire mid rounders this year by trading away players and/or trading down in the draft. Use that extra draft capital to throw 3 darts at 3 rookie Qbs.

That's what I want, three 22-24 year old Qbs on the team. If all 3 flame out, no problem you've secured a high pick for 2020 to land the "franchise" guy and in the meantime made 2019 interesting to watch.

This whole Tank for Tua thing is ludicrous. There is simply no guarantee this kid is a franchise QB in the NFL. He’s definitely no lock.

Also a lock the the Dolphins will never have any real success until they get a good enough signal caller.

Alot of "fans" are happy with the mediocre carousel. Mods talking about purging "stupid fans" as opposed to the delusional ones....what a tangled web of doodoo.

Last edited:
I've had to stomach Tannehill for 7 years, I could stomach one of Osweiller for the greater good.

And as crazy as it is Miami's offense performed better when Osweiller was QB than when Tannehill was. Miami's offense started to fall apart under him when Wilson got hurt after only one game with him at QB when Tannehill had 5 complete games with him.

And "NO" I don't want Osweiller as a starter any more than I want Tannehill.

Also a lock the the Dolphins will never have any real success until they get a good enough signal caller.
No doubt about that my friend.

But the same franchise can’t afford to be wrong. Again.

I've seen my wife take multiple craps while in labor with our 1st son. I didn't know girls did that during labor, but now I can stomach anything.

LMAO. They should warn us before hand. My son is 18. I’ve yet to see anything as damaging to my soul as that again.

Brock in 2019 might come close.

we are 7-9 team why would we want OS again. I would rather find rookie than play this old qb. waste of time and space on teams. if you play him we still going win at leased 5 to 6 games.

Not even sure how to react if Miami really is going to tank. The entire offseason would be pointless. FA would be garbage, the draft interesting, and anything after that meaningless. I love football but can’t imagine going into it knowing the season is moot.

Even now at least Miami has had a shot at something the last 20-some years. This is all assuming the QB they suck for is worthy as it is.

I’d rather see Falk and Fales

But hey if Osweiler was the qb, whatever, top pick here we come

Id rather not watch Brocktember- tober- vember- cember.......

Just par the roster down, get rid of the high salary FAs and let nature take its course.

Fales, Falk, or a mid to late round draft pick will get you the results you are looking for, with the added bonus of possibly finding a diamond in the rough.

I’d be OK with two options:

Sit tight at #13 and if Kyler Murray is available, draft him. Build around him, which then doesn’t require tanking.

If Murray is gone by #13, draft the best player defensive available or try to trade back for additional picks in 2020. Trade X Howard after the draft for the best possible return (hopefully a first-rounder, but more likely a second-rounder in 2020). Re-sign Osweiler for minimal amount. Let him start a few games, then switch to Falk. Let the chips fall where they may, record-wise. If we go 2-14, we’ll be in position to get a franchise QB. If we finish 4-12, we’ll have the draft capital to attempt to move up to select the QB. There’s the potential there to end up with three first round picks in 2020 (if you trade out of the 13th pick this year for a first-rounder in 2020 and find a way to get a first for X Howard).

If you plan to only start Osweiler 2 games, just start the season with Falk/Fales.

As someone posted in another thread a while back, why not take a late round/UFA flyer on Trace McSorley? Kid's a scrappy player, fights hard to win, and has a bit of history with our "bust" TE. Might end up with at least a serviceable backup.

If we're going that route, it needs to be Brock Osweiler throwing left handed. He has an entire offseason to master it. Get those articles going in May on how amazing the progress has been.

More entertaining would be one season of John Denney running the wishbone.

I don't know how anyone can watch that college game tonight and not grasp the stupidity of waiting 7 years on Ryan Tannehill. You need great players doing great things. Lawrence is a great player and so is the freshman receiver Ross.

Clemson going the Ryan Tannehill route would have been if Dabo Swinney had decided to stick with Kelly Bryant at quarterback for 3 more seasons...hoping and rationalizing.

Back
Top Bottom