Could You Stomach Osweiller Starting In 2019? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could You Stomach Osweiller Starting In 2019?

How can people still want to tank or trade everything for tua after tonight? Kid looked horrible

Kyler Murray should start for the Dolphins this season. No ifs or buts, get it done!

Yeah all 5’9” of him because he can out run college kids or win with lopsided teams.

Absolutely.

Enough trying to fix this team, piece by piece, enough of 7-9, 8-8 swamp of mediocrity.

Gladly take 2 years of 3-13 , use those picks and cap space and launch pad for sustainable decade long AFC East contender.

Absolutely.

Enough trying to fix this team, piece by piece, enough of 7-9, 8-8 swamp of mediocrity.

Gladly take 2 years of 3-13 , use those picks and cap space and launch pad for sustainable decade long AFC East contender.

Agreed! The mediocrity ofr 2 decades hasn’t built ****. The Browns were the laughing stock of the NFL for years but now they are about to take that division over. We should probably hire Hue for 2 seasons during the rebuild lol

Yeah, that kid is good in college but in the pro, he will get eating alive.

People jump and scream for him and point to other undersized guys like brees and Wilson based on their results but don’t watch any film. Brees is a HOF but also remember was traded out of his first team for Phillip Rivers. Wilson was passed on by every NFL team twice. He lucked into a great situation and his teams won based on defense and a running game. Both are infinitely better than kyler as a prospects. Just because someone wins a college award doesn’t make them NFL talent, see Tebow, Charlie ward etc.

I will stomach anyone if it lands us Trevor Lawrence in 2021...I don’t want Tua or Herbert or Fromm give me the next great in TL.

I can stomach anything. The thing is, it would go as two losing seasons for Grier because of intentional tanking and failure to put in an effort in that season, and whoever the headcoach is, and I'd want them both fired Grier and the headcoach for intentionally tanking.
Then get ready for more of the same...I want to win and not for just one or two seasons...tank for Trevor?...oh hell yes

hmmm I'm not a fan of tanking for college players who have never played a down in the NFL. Its a risk. Tank an entire season, lose fans, sales....all for Tua or Fromm, who may not even pan out in the NFL. Everyone was sold on Jamarcus Russell, Mark Sanchez, Christian Ponder, Matt Leinart, Jimmy Garrapolo, RG3, Matt Barkley....the list goes on.

Could I stomach Osweiler starting? Well if he had a better OL and receivers got open, sure why not.

The best way to go out the 2020 draft is simple: Xavien Howard. Trade him for a 2020 1st round pick to a team who you know will most likely pick in the Top 10. We now have 2 1st round picks, trade both to move up and get our QB. Jets, Cardinals, Bills, Browns, 49ers are not picking QBs. Tampa Bay and Oakland might, and they might even pick one this year.
If another team wants a Qb who they think is a game changer they are not going to budge for Two first round picks...if Trevor Lawrence is sitting there waiting to be drafted are you going to take the 2 first round picks which is actually only 1 because your swapping spots or draft Lawrence?

no need to tank for a QB, just play with Tannehill and fix the o-line and defense, all of this rebuilding isn't good and besides who wants to spend 3 hours watch your team crap all over the field only to have guys like yourself on this board calling for them to tank then criticize them for their play on the field?

What kills me is people keep using the Browns as the model like they had one bad year and turned it all around. There was a TON of failure there. Are we prepared to watch the team tank for YEARS.

Os sucks but I think he would keep us in mediocrity. Tanks take Painter and Kizer type QB’s. Brock isn’t quite there.

What kills me is people keep using the Browns as the model like they had one bad year and turned it all around. There was a TON of failure there. Are we prepared to watch the team tank for YEARS.

Os sucks but I think he would keep us in mediocrity. Tanks take Painter and Kizer type QB’s. Brock isn’t quite there.

Not really. The turnaround started with the 2017 draft. They had a few pieces already, like Bitonio, but it was 2017 when the building really took off and continued into 2018 offseason. We have more pieces in place (Tunsil, Fitz, and Howard provide great foundations to build the team around, plus a few other promising ones like Baker). It doesn't take as long as people seem to think, particularly once we get a real QB for once.

Back
Top Bottom