Couple of questions about offense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Couple of questions about offense

matt11390

Starter
Reaction score
I really like the athletes we are drafting. Obviously only Jerry is an offensive player. One of my questions is why aren't we picking any offensive players beyond the one OL?

McCoy seems like a good player that has potential, however, setting there ready to be picked is Dorin Dickerson out of Pitt. We need a fast TE and he's there in round 7 yet we pass him up!

Like I say, I am not bashing our picks because I like them, but geez...how bout at least one new playmaker? If I was the OC I would be pissed because I would like to have someone in the passing game to lean on because if Brandon Marshall gets hurt, Miami is back to the no impact offense they had last year.

I'm shocked Dorin Dickerson is still on the board this late
There must be a reason that we are not aware of...

I was expecting a backup RB and a TE - one pick to go...

I'm curious how Dickerson can still be available also. There has to be something we aren't aware of.

I look at the Pats and Ravens who both picked TWO top TE's. We need one. Dickerson and Fasano would make a good tandem. I'm just trying to figure out why the FO doesn't pick at least one playmaker on offense.

I sure like our picks and we needed defense so I am happy with who we have drafted but just curious.

lest we forget we did burn two second rounders on offense. wr marshall.

lest we forget we did burn two second rounders on offense. wr marshall.

Exactly. Brandon Marshall is a huge addition to this offense. Priority has been with defense and rightly so. I personally would have liked to see a TE drafted because I'm not sure Haynos/Nalbone are going to scare anybody, but I guess we can live with Fasano and Haynos for another year.

People who rip the FO need to remember we added Dansby and Marshall this off-season while losing nobody of significance (sorry but Porter and JT were pretty useless last year). We're in a tough division and may still finish thirs next season, but we will be a much improved team.

I'm shocked Dorin Dickerson is still on the board this late
There must be a reason that we are not aware of...

I was expecting a backup RB and a TE - one pick to go...

Relatively Raw --- Lacks the height and bulk that you look for --- Is not a polished route runner --- Doesn't get a lot of separation against defensive backs --- Not real elusive --- Isn't very powerful --- Not much of a blocker, especially in-line --- ' Tweener without a clear-cut position.

Also, our WR group looks really nice now that Marshall's there. Hartline should develop into a very good #2, and Bess gets to pretend he's Welker in the slot. Camarillo will also be solid in the slot. I thought we might go G. Tate in the 2nd, but I love the Misi pick, so no complaints from me.

1) We gave up 400 points on defense last year ( we had an Oakland Raiders and Detroit Lions type defense)

2) Mike Nolan is our new defensive coordinator.

3) Parcells has always been about a strong defense...

and you guys are surprised we went so heavy on defense ?

Are you f'in serious ?

1) We gave up 400 points on defense last year ( we had an Oakland Raiders and Detroit Lions type defense)

2) Mike Nolan is our new defensive coordinator.

3) Parcells has always been about a strong defense...

and you guys are surprised we went so heavy on defense ?

Are you f'in serious ?

I wasnt shocked at all, after we selected Marshall I thought honestly the only offensive player we would choose would be TE early and OG late.

BTW, did we overhaul or LB crew or what lol.
CHubbs

Back
Top Bottom