Cover 0 blitzes - What the hell was Flores thinking?! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cover 0 blitzes - What the hell was Flores thinking?!

Can someone explain to me what the hell the Dolphins coaching staff was thinking continuously calling these ridiculous cover 0 blitzes. Did Rex Ryan, Revis and Cromartie suddenly join this team? Our coaching staff putting our putrid corners on islands against speedster WRs was atrocious and was bound to fail. And the worst part, the Steelers OL picked up the blitzes (almost) every.single.time. We were playing against Mason freaking Rudolph. Play zone and let the kid make mistakes.

I am all for aggressively defense but come on, you gotta know your personnel. We have practice squad level DBs out there. And on that 3rd and forever RIGHT BEFORE THE HALF, they call one. Dumbest play call I've seen from a defense in all my life. And I know these games are meaningless, but Flores will be coaching next year with (I'm assuming) far superior talent through the draft and FA so he better not pull this bs.

Don't think that was his call. He will support his coordinator 100% even though everyone knows he blew it. You will never see that again

This...

giphy.gif
Egg ……………………………………… 'zactly.

The sad thing is, the main strategy behind cover 0 blitzes is obviously sending more guys than OL can block and throughout the game, we were STILL unable to actually get a blitzer through their OL. I think once, maybe?

the QB recognized it and got rid of it quickly, partly because of the off coverage

Id rather go down in a ball of fire than whimpering in a corner.

I like the aggressive play, unlike the milquetoast coaches that we have had recently.

Dont curl up into the fetal position and play not to lose. Go out there, be aggressive and STAY aggressive.

Id much rather err on the side of aggressiveness than cowardice.

Show me evidence of a cover 0 where the cover players played 15 yards off the los pre snap. Or maybe 12 yard even.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen it. Lol

certainly can agree with that, didn't realize all the circumstances. had fallen asleep at that point and still haven't watched the play. but if it helps us get tua lets bring 9 next time.

Id rather go down in a ball of fire than whimpering in a corner.

I like the aggressive play, unlike the milquetoast coaches that we have had recently.

Dont curl up into the fetal position and play not to lose. Go out there, be aggressive and STAY aggressive.

Id much rather err on the side of aggressiveness than cowardice.

This is silly. That wasn't aggressiveness, that was just pure stupidity. You want aggressive, fine, blitz a linebacker, not the whole damn defense.

This is silly. That wasn't aggressiveness, that was just pure stupidity. You want aggressive, fine, blitz a linebacker, not the whole damn defense.

It is a meaningless game in a tanking season. Let them experiment.

Next year you can worry about smart play.

Arizona ran a similar concept. Patrick Peterson got caught and a TD was scored.

It happens.

Back
Top Bottom