Cowboys To Announce Testaverde Signing | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cowboys To Announce Testaverde Signing

Justasportsfan

FinHeaven Elite
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys have called a news conference to announce the signing of Free Agent Quarterback Vinny Testaverde.

The 40 year old Testaverde was released by the New York Jets. In 1998, he made the Pro Bowl and guided the Jets to the AFC title game with Parcells at the helm. But Testaverde tore his Achilles' tendon in the first game of the next season.

http://www.theredzone.org/news/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=1208

PS> I know it's isn't fins/AFCE related but it's offseason and it's boring.

Well, Greenballs getting back together with Meshawn and Parcells. It is like they are the Jets of the late 90's in Dallas. Oh well, If Pennington goes down again, the Jets are screwed, not that tey aren't screwed already.

Samphin said:
Well, Greenballs getting back together with Meshawn and Parcells. It is like they are the Jets of the late 90's in Dallas. Oh well, If Pennington goes down again, the Jets are screwed, not that tey aren't screwed already.

Even with Testaverde backing up, the JETs still sucked.

He's way, way past his prime. He should retire.

Wait, let me think...pay him millions to watch a game from the sidelines :D
Good for you Vinny. ;)

What is Dallas thinking???

I am predicting it now- Vinny will be starting by October and will guide Dallas to the NFC East crown. The man is in phenomenal shape and can definitely still play, he has been stuck in a system that is not suited to his strengths but playing for BP he will be back in the O he was most comfortable in and he has alot of wepaons to throw to. The key will be can julius Jones step in and be a good back as a rookie.

I think Interceptaverde will do well in Dallas. No doubt Parcells can whip his players into shape. That division is going to be very interesting but I don't see the Cowgirls being div champs. The Eagles have too many guys from the d line (which was the big problem) returning and the addition of TO should help McChoke overcome a few of his issues.

Uh, Vinny won't even start. Quincy Carter is the starter. Vinny is there as a just in case option if Q-car gets injured, and to help Henson along with the system.

Cliff Burton said:
Uh, Vinny won't even start. Quincy Carter is the starter. Vinny is there as a just in case option if Q-car gets injured, and to help Henson along with the system.
I don't see why Quincy is such stone cold lock to be your starter. Bill Parcells actions this offseason have pretty much signaled this to be an open competition.

Cliff Burton said:
Sounds more like an open competition to me.

Cowboys | Testaverde Came to Compete - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 11:24:23 -0700

Dallas Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones said the addition of QB Vinny Testaverde makes the team better at the quarterback position. "He's in outstanding physical condition," Jones noted. He added that Testaverde came to Dallas to compete for a starting position. "He knows he's going to be given that kind of opportunity," Jones said.

Back
Top Bottom