Cowboys want Pitts? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cowboys want Pitts?

Jssanto

Club Member
Reaction score
I have seen several articles in the last few days and heard this discussed on sports shows. If the Cowboys want pits they will have to trade up to four to be assured of getting him. Cincinnati is not taking a quarterback. Does that make our number six pic even more valuable?

I have seen several articles in the last few days and heard this discussed on sports shows. If the Cowboys want pits they will have to trade up to four to be assured of getting him. Cincinnati is not taking a quarterback. Does that make our number six pic even more valuable?
If Dallas, who already has an excellent offense, but a really terrible defense, trades up for a Tight End, I will laugh my ass off. I hate the 'boys (my son's favourite team).

But yes... this would likely make our pick at 6 more valuable.

Or it goes 4 QB's and Bungles take Chase, Pitts on the clock for us but what would Dallas trade? For a good haul we likely can do that and still get either Smith or Waddle at #10. If we got their 2nd rounder in this year's draft? Or a 3rd I guess, that's the extra player I feel like we could use in the top 81. We have 5 but 6 would be better given several needs on both sides of the ball.

To go from six down to 10 I would want at least Dallas’s second rounder from this year. I don’t know what the draft value charts would say

I'm not sure this is true. I'm also curious to see if Pitts is there at 6. I hope all playmaker options are available so that we didn't miss out on any by trading to 6

Jerry Jones is absolutely crazy enough to do something so damn stupid. Nothing against Pitts, because he's an absolute stud. But Jerry Jones has so much talent on offense in Dallas.

Whatever floats his boat, because if he does trade with Atlanta to select Pitts, Miami's phone should be ringing off the hook, with 2 QB's sitting at #6.

To go from six down to 10 I would want at least Dallas’s second rounder from this year. I don’t know what the draft value charts would say
They offer that all they will hear is laughter then a dial tone.

That's a bit much, but it's in the ball park.

6- 1600
10- 1300

Cowboys pick is 44

44- 460

No problem, if he is still on the board at six the Dolphins should tell the Cowboys they can give them the Cowboys first round pick this year and in 2022 and a third round pick this year and they can have Pitts.

I will be just as happy with any of the top 3 WR’s as I would be with Pitts and getting an extra first round pick next year and a 3rd round pick this year would just be icing on the cake.

No problem, if he is still on the board at six the Dolphins should tell the Cowboys they can give them the Cowboys first round pick this year and in 2022 and a third round pick this year and they can have Pitts.

I will be just as happy with any of the top 3 WR’s as I would be with Pitts and getting an extra first round pick next year and a 3rd round pick this year would just be icing on the cake.
I like this. Not likely to happen but I wanna test just how crazy the Jones’s are. Put your picks where your mouth is

Jerry Jones is absolutely crazy enough to do something so damn stupid. Nothing against Pitts, because he's an absolute stud. But Jerry Jones has so much talent on offense in Dallas.

Whatever floats his boat, because if he does trade with Atlanta to select Pitts, Miami's phone should be ringing off the hook, with 2 QB's sitting at #6.
I totally agree. The problem with the Cowboys is not on offense. They have one of the worst defenses in the league and at 10 they will likely have their pick of a number of elite caliber defensive players.

Yet as you stated, Jones is crazy enough to move up to draft Pitts and the Dallas defense will continue to be awful next year.

I'd tell Jones I wanted CeeDee Lamb and a swap of picks. If he says anything but yes, hang up.

IF Jerry was running around unencumbered in the Dallas War Room I could see this move, but his son seems to have got him locked down securely in recent years(for instance not letting him take Manziel but taking Zack Martin instead).

Surtain seems like a no brainer value and need fit in Dallas.

Back
Top Bottom