Cowboys wanting Pitts? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cowboys wanting Pitts?

If the Cowboys trade down and give up picks just to get Pitts when they need to address their secondary they would be the laughing stocks of the NFL. But then again anything goes during the draft!

Jerry seems to be in love with Pitts and is wanting to trade up. And word around the NFL is Atlanta may be looking to trade back. Not good for us hoping a Qb hungry team wanting to trade up to 4 spot.

None of the 3 names/positions usually associated with ATL will likely be available at #10. This would be interesting.

Been a long time since I posted here.

So, glad to be back lol.

If this is in fact true, it could very well be a blessing in disguise. Of course, if Dallas is willing to trade up.

Let's say the first 4 go QB as most believe. Whether Atlanta trades or not is irrelevant. First 4 QB'S.

Since most want a pass catcher I will go with worst case scenario on the rest.

Cincy goes Chase.

At 6 that leaves Pitts, Smith, Waddle.

This could be another potential trade down while still getting a top tier pass catcher.

Trade with Dallas and get their 1st next year. Might be too rich? Ok a 2nd this year. Whatever is good value.

Dallas takes Pitts, Detroit takes either Smith or waddle.

Carolina takes Sewell. Denver takes either Surtain or Qb

That leaves either Smith or Waddle at 10.

2 months ago many would have been happy with Smith at 3. Now he could possibly be had at 10 in this scenario or Waddle

In that scenario, Dolphins draft Smith at 10. Something prior to Pro Days many were projecting Miami to do when they were at 3. Plus they would have SF's 1st next year and 2023. Also Dallas's 1st next year or 2nd this year.

Dream scenario for me. However if top 4 are QB'S, it is almost certain one of Pitts, Chase, Sewell, Smith, Waddle would be available at 10

I read something the other day saying the Cowboys were hot on Zaven Collins. I realize it's smokescreen season, but Collins seems to have drawn the attention of Dallas?

I read something the other day saying the Cowboys were hot on Zaven Collins. I realize it's smokescreen season, but Collins seems to have drawn the attention of Dallas?
I'm still waiting on a link to this rumor they want to trade up.

And continue to lose 48-46 with no defense. Jerry Jones still doesn't get it.
Frankly, Jerry Jones doesn't give a crap what anyone thinks about his GM abilities..or winning much, for that matter.

It's about entertainment for the fans and making a bunch of money for himself...

..if he really cared about winning and not just having fun and drafting "his guys, himself"..wouldn't he have hired a kick-ass (assumingely) GM a long time ago?

I mean he hasn't been a real super GM since the big Hershel Walker trade that brought them 3 Super Bowl wins in Four Years in the early to mid 90's..like damn..a lot of *****y teams for Dallas since all that!

Been a long time since I posted here.

So, glad to be back lol.

If this is in fact true, it could very well be a blessing in disguise. Of course, if Dallas is willing to trade up.

Let's say the first 4 go QB as most believe. Whether Atlanta trades or not is irrelevant. First 4 QB'S.

Since most want a pass catcher I will go with worst case scenario on the rest.

Cincy goes Chase.

At 6 that leaves Pitts, Smith, Waddle.

This could be another potential trade down while still getting a top tier pass catcher.

Trade with Dallas and get their 1st next year. Might be too rich? Ok a 2nd this year. Whatever is good value.

Dallas takes Pitts, Detroit takes either Smith or waddle.

Carolina takes Sewell. Denver takes either Surtain or Qb

That leaves either Smith or Waddle at 10.

2 months ago many would have been happy with Smith at 3. Now he could possibly be had at 10 in this scenario or Waddle

In that scenario, Dolphins draft Smith at 10. Something prior to Pro Days many were projecting Miami to do when they were at 3. Plus they would have SF's 1st next year and 2023. Also Dallas's 1st next year or 2nd this year.

Dream scenario for me. However if top 4 are QB'S, it is almost certain one of Pitts, Chase, Sewell, Smith, Waddle would be available at 10
I would happily trade down with Dallas for their first round pick in this years draft and their first round pick in 2022 if Pitts was on the board at 6 and the Cowboys wanted to move up to take him.

As long as the Dolphins can still draft Smith or Waddle, it would certainly be worth getting an extra first round pick next year to move down and let the Cowboys have Pitts. I just don’t think Pitts gets past the Falcons and Bengals. So if the Cowboys really want Pitts with their first round pick, they will likely have to trade with the Falcons to ensure they get him.

I would happily trade down with Dallas for their first round pick in this years draft and their first round pick in 2022 if Pitts was on the board at 6 and the Cowboys wanted to move up to take him.

As long as the Dolphins can still draft Smith or Waddle, it would certainly be worth getting an extra first round pick next year to move down and let the Cowboys have Pitts. I just don’t think Pitts gets past the Falcons and Bengals. So if the Cowboys really want Pitts with their first round pick, they will likely have to trade with the Falcons to ensure they get him.

Agreed.

I really don't think Pitts is going 4. To me it doesn't make sense.

Atlanta needs defense. 4 is too high for defense imo. They have a great opportunity to draft a QB and sit him for 2 years.

To me, Pitts is option #3 for Falcons and doesn't solve their issues.

Imo, to Draft Pitts means Atlanta loses the opportunity to fix their biggest need on Defense. They also miss an opportunity to draft a QB of the future.

I don't see the Falcons drafting Pitts. They are looking to trade down, most likely for defense. If they can't trade down, they will have to choose either QB or Pitts. I don't see how you pass up QB for a TE.

Best case scenario, SF does actually draft Jones. If they do, I don't see how Atlanta passes on Fields for Pitts.

No way, Imo, does Cincy take Pitts over Sewell or Chase. Then again, Miami did draft Ronni Brown 2nd overall.... UGH!!!!!

You never know with Dallas. last year when Lamb was there I was 100% sure that he'd be our pick because Dallas didn't need a WR and boom, they took him one pick ahead of ours.(I don't know if we'd have taken him but just saying)....now Dallas really needs defense and O-line way more than they need a TE. They also have 10 picks in this draft so they have the ammo to move up but I hope they stay where they're at.
Jones cares more about selling tickets with a high flying fancy offense than winning championships with a good defense.

Agreed.

Atlanta needs defense. 4 is too high for defense imo. They have a great opportunity to draft a QB and sit him for 2 years.

Imo, to Draft Pitts means Atlanta loses the opportunity to fix their biggest need on Defense. They also miss an opportunity to draft a QB of the future.

I don't see the Falcons drafting Pitts. They are looking to trade down, most likely for defense. If they can't trade down, they will have to choose either QB or Pitts. I don't see how you pass up QB for a TE.

Best case scenario, SF does actually draft Jones. If they do, I don't see how Atlanta passes on Fields for Pitts.

No way, Imo, does Cincy take Pitts over Sewell or Chase. Then again, Miami did draft Ronni Brown 2nd overall.... UGH!!!!!
Exactly what i been thinking. Thanks for putting it in words for me

i think the Atlanta will take Pitts narrative is more from a fatalistic pov then logical. Can it happen, sure, but won’t be the most logic move

as you said, it should be option #3, after trading down for defense or take a Qb

its Like when Jerry felt the same about Manziel and his Son said no. His Son will say No again.

Agreed.

Seems to me ATL is in a bind. Their cap won't allow them to sign likely FAs after the draft so they can't go O in the draft and hope to pick up D help later. To me, ATL is the hardest team to judge. Need D help, need to strongly consider a QB for the future, and, at least consider a looming rebuild. Their plans 3-5 years from now will affect the draft.

If Pitts isn't on the board at six you pull the trigger on Smith or Waddle and walk away with a smile on your face.

Exactly what i been thinking. Thanks for putting it in words for me

i think the Atlanta will take Pitts narrative is more from a fatalistic pov then logical. Can it happen, sure, but won’t be the most logic move

as you said, it should be option #3, after trading down for defense or take a Qb
I have no idea what you mean by your statement that Atlanta drafting Pitts is a “fatalistic POV“. Perhaps for those individuals who will be upset if any team except the Dolphins draft Pitts, it would appear to be fatalistic. Yet those of us who actually prefer the Dolphins draft one of the top WR’s instead of Pitts, we see nothing fatalistic in regards to the Falcons or any other team drafting Pitts.

Back
Top Bottom