Cowboys wanting Pitts? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cowboys wanting Pitts?

Been a long time since I posted here.

So, glad to be back lol.

If this is in fact true, it could very well be a blessing in disguise. Of course, if Dallas is willing to trade up.

Let's say the first 4 go QB as most believe. Whether Atlanta trades or not is irrelevant. First 4 QB'S.

Since most want a pass catcher I will go with worst case scenario on the rest.

Cincy goes Chase.

At 6 that leaves Pitts, Smith, Waddle.

This could be another potential trade down while still getting a top tier pass catcher.

Trade with Dallas and get their 1st next year. Might be too rich? Ok a 2nd this year. Whatever is good value.

Dallas takes Pitts, Detroit takes either Smith or waddle.

Carolina takes Sewell. Denver takes either Surtain or Qb

That leaves either Smith or Waddle at 10.

2 months ago many would have been happy with Smith at 3. Now he could possibly be had at 10 in this scenario or Waddle

In that scenario, Dolphins draft Smith at 10. Something prior to Pro Days many were projecting Miami to do when they were at 3. Plus they would have SF's 1st next year and 2023. Also Dallas's 1st next year or 2nd this year.

Dream scenario for me. However if top 4 are QB'S, it is almost certain one of Pitts, Chase, Sewell, Smith, Waddle would be available at 10
Welcome back...

I'd stay at 6 and be happy with what amounts to "sloppy seconds"

Seems to me ATL is in a bind. Their cap won't allow them to sign likely FAs after the draft so they can't go O in the draft and hope to pick up D help later. To me, ATL is the hardest team to judge. Need D help, need to strongly consider a QB for the future, and, at least consider a looming rebuild. Their plans 3-5 years from now will affect the draft.
The Falcons do seem to have a bigger need on defense than offense but when you look at the comparison to the Dolphins defense in 2020, the Falcons defense only gave up 30 yards per games more on defense than the Dolphins did. They added several defensive players in free agency and they may feel that adding Pitts to an already potent offense would benefit them more than taking a lower rated defensive player at 4.

I think since they have Ryan signed for the next 3 years, I will be extremely surprised if they decide to draft a QB in this years draft. I think they will either trade down from 4 to a team moving up to draft a QB or they will draft Pitts if they remain at 4.

Wonder if ATL would accept the extra 1that we have in 2023 to trade up to 4... Oh wait !! Funny thing is they probably want more than that !

Last edited:
I live in Atlanta and know the Falcons roster very well. They would love to drop back and pick up more draft picks. At 10 they would be in a great spot to get their biggest need, CB. Surtain or Horn should be there.

That would be just like the Cowboys to do something that stupid. They have a top heavy roster full of overpaid players. Instead of trading down and adding some inexpensive talent to a bloated payroll, especially on that putrid defense, they are looking to make a splashy move on offense. I love Pitts and want Miami to take him if he’s there, but there’s nothing you can do if to prevent stupidity.

Jerruh has been quite for too long. Its about time he does something epically idiotic

Dallas, as I understand, needs help on D and OL

If they do pull this off, they will need to win a lot of games 67-59 to be competitive

In all honestly the only time Pitts will be classified as a TE is when it comes to contract talks. He is much more than TE. If a team has a vision for Pitts, I couldn't blame anyone for trading for him if they can get the right price. He's a weapon, plain and simple. Don't box him into a position, as he can and will line up everywhere. They guy will come into the league with the largest catch radius in the NFL, and he actually can make all those catches.

Lots of people think he will be drafted at #6 if he's not taken at #4, so what's 2 spots?

we are talking about the cowboys trading up in this post that’s a fortune to go from 15 to 4. Not to mention your argument that he’s a wide receiver just makes it worse to me for the cowboys as they already have a top wr unit

Would be shocked to see Dallas move up to #4 for Pitts. But if they did...that receiving core for the Cowboys would be something else.

I'm not as myopic as some of our posters.

It appears that a group of up to 3 or 4 top quality non-QB's will be available to us at our 1st round position at #6.

No one here can predict which players will "pan out" in the NFL, so why get so "wrapped around the axle" for just one specific player? That's not to say we don't have favorites; we do, but this chicken little "the sky is falling" crud when the Dolphins don't consistently pick a fans favorite player tends to turn some fans into "Lemmings" (sour pusses).

I'm getting tired of it and I think many other fans are too.
I never meant this topic to be about 1 specific player. We assume Miami wants a skill position player. Best case scenario for Miami is Qb at 4 and Sewell goes 5. Miami can now select top player on board or may be in position to trade down a few spots to pick up extra picks and still get one of the big 4.

Would be shocked to see Dallas move up to #4 for Pitts. But if they did...that receiving core for the Cowboys would be something else.
Which is why, Jerry is gonna Jerry the rest of us.

Just to jump in here but Dallas might leave us out of the reciever market of Pitts, Wade Waddle and Smith when using the 4 qb in the first round. In that case if Cinci goes Oline we could trade with Denver at number 9 and still get a guy in that bunch. The only way to trade with Dallas is 3 QBs plus other positions that are not wr or te and then if we traded we would have to get a guarantee it's not be for one of the guys we wanted with Dallas or Denver. It should get both their 1st and 2nd this year and no lower than a 2 nd year and hopefully more.

I have no idea what you mean by your statement that Atlanta drafting Pitts is a “fatalistic POV“. Perhaps for those individuals who will be upset if any team except the Dolphins draft Pitts, it would appear to be fatalistic. Yet those of us who actually prefer the Dolphins draft one of the top WR’s instead of Pitts, we see nothing fatalistic in regards to the Falcons or any other team drafting Pitts.
Yes, exactly what I meant
Me included

I'm really not convinced that Pitts is Miami's target.

Have to think it's Chase, Smith or Waddle. Of course, you never know.

Back
Top Bottom