Cowboys wanting Pitts? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cowboys wanting Pitts?

My guess is that they traded up to 6 to ensure they got either Smith or Waddle, probably Smith. I also get the impression that they are intrigued by Pitts. But either he isn’t a target or they don’t like him much more than Smith. At least less than they like Smith and a future 1st and 3rd

Jerry saw what a difference Lamb made and he fell in their lap .... he also saw the difference it made when his TE, was involved in the offense ... so NO, not a surprise actually ...

Moving up though, especially to 4-6 to get him, that would be at least a little surprising ...

Regarding their pathetic DEF, he probably already accepted their excuse for last year, and that the scheme will be better this year, so why not gamble and just believe you can outscore everyone ...

Welcome back...

I'd stay at 6 and be happy with what amounts to "sloppy seconds"
Haha that would work also.

I am fine regardless. Whether its Pitts, Smith, Chase, Waddle, Sewell or even Surtain (not at 6)

If our 1st pick is one of those guys I will be happy regardless we trade down or stay put. I just believe due to run on QBS projected, we are in a unique position where the guy, or guys, we wanted at 3 could still be there between 8-12

My preference at 6 is Sewell, Smith Waddle. But I'd be happy with any of the before mentioned

As long as we don't trade up of course

Please draft chase or waddle. Pitts is very good, but I don't get the level of hype. The guys college stats are marginally better than gisecki's. Why would anyone make statements as though he's guaranteed to make our O the most potent in football??

Who would want the guy that put up 770 yds and 12 TDs over the guy that dropped 1780yds and 20TDs?? This has never made sense to me.

Please draft chase or waddle. Pitts is very good, but I don't get the level of hype. The guys college stats are marginally better than gisecki's. Why would anyone make statements as though he's guaranteed to make our O the most potent in football??

Who would want the guy that put up 770 yds and 12 TDs over the guy that dropped 1780yds and 20TDs?? This has never made sense to me.
I hear because one has bigger bones than the other.

I think Kyle Pitts would fit very well in Dallas. He could be there X-factor in the passing game. It makes sense that Dallas would be drooling over him. How Dallas would move up into a position that could draft him .... that's another matter entirely. They're not typically a drastic move-up team.

I've heard a lot of negative talk about that 2023 1st rounder we just received via trade. Most complaints were that we need the help now and 2023 is way off. What if Grier uses the 1 to move up and land somebody great in this draft!! He just might if we like someone enough.

You never know with Dallas. last year when Lamb was there I was 100% sure that he'd be our pick because Dallas didn't need a WR and boom, they took him one pick ahead of ours.(I don't know if we'd have taken him but just saying)...

It’s because Jerry Jones GM’s like the average fan.

Probably lean towards Pitts.

See! I don't completely agree with that.

I think they look at both of those rooms and say unit is the weakest and which improves the most with either guy?

Sure! That TE room would improve with Pitts. But by how much?

That reciever room would really improve with Smith. Not to mention, there's a 100% chance Parker, Williams, Grant, and even Fuller don't make it through the entire season without missing some games.

The Dolphins 100% cannot go through the same crap with recievers missing down the stretch of the seaosn like last year!

I think they look at both of those rooms and say unit is the weakest and which improves the most with either guy?

That reciever room would really improve with Smith. Not to mention, there's a 100% chance Parker, Williams, Grant, and even Fuller don't make it through the entire season without missing some games.

The Dolphins 100% cannot go through the same crap with recievers missing down the stretch of the seaosn like last year!
I'm leaning just not there like many. I would love Chase, Smith or Pitts without complaining at all. I never commit to just a player.

Grant shouldn't even make it thru TC......his whole career has been all hype and no production

Pitts did that in 7.5 games (he got injured against Georgia and sat the 2nd half). And he still very easily had a more productive season than Gesicki ever did.

In Gesicki's Jr season he averaged 48.5 ypg. In his senior year he averaged 43.

Pitts averaged 103 ypg in 7.5 games.

In his final two years combined Gesicki caught 16 TDs in 27 games. Pitts had 12 in 7.5 at age 20.

I get injuries didn't allow us to see enough enough of Pitts. But comparing their college production is laughable.

But to keep things in perspective, Pitts did play in the #1 passing offense w 378.6 ypg (tho they did average 36 less ypg in the 4 games Pitts sat out). Penn St averaged 290.2 in Gesicki's Sr year.

But if you want to factor that in, keep in mind that Bama was not far behind UF at #3 when looking at the numbers the Bama receivers put up.

Last edited:
Pitts would be a great addition for Dallas. I hope they don’t sneak in front of us

You can't always judge players by their stats... stats come down to opportunity and supporting cast as well...

Back
Top Bottom