Cowboys wanting Pitts? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cowboys wanting Pitts?

That would be just like the Cowboys to do something that stupid. They have a top heavy roster full of overpaid players. Instead of trading down and adding some inexpensive talent to a bloated payroll, especially on that putrid defense, they are looking to make a splashy move on offense. I love Pitts and want Miami to take him if he’s there, but there’s nothing you can do if to prevent stupidity.

Both ATL + CIN are in good spots ... they ‘should’ have their pick of the board (non-QB), so should be interesting to see what they do.

it is only practical to say you are open to trading down, if nothing else to see what offers come your way ... I do believe that it will be a draft day decision for both, pending how the top 3 go - even though it is very unlikely that there will be any surprises in Lawrence, Wilson + Fields (or Lance I suppose) ...

it at least ‘appears’ that Fields/Lance will be the table setters on draft day .... and IF so, we will have our choice of CHASE, PITTS, SMITH or WADDLE (only 1 would be from CIN unless they go SEWELL).

I've seen speculation the Cowboys are interested in Pitts like a lot of teams but nothing saying they would trade up for him.

How Jerry Jones it would be to trade the assets needed to go from 10 up to 4 to then select a non-QB when defense has been and continues to be that franchises main problem — aside from Jerry Jones himself, that is.

To swap 12 for 3, SF had to surrender 2 additional firsts and 1 third.

Swapping 10 for 4 should cost less, but how much less??

Still an expensive price to pay for an org that still has an awful defense. And whose o-line is in decline.

Jerry seems to be in love with Pitts and is wanting to trade up. And word around the NFL is Atlanta may be looking to trade back. Not good for us hoping a Qb hungry team wanting to trade up to 4 spot.

I'm not as myopic as some of our posters.

It appears that a group of up to 3 or 4 top quality non-QB's will be available to us at our 1st round position at #6.

No one here can predict which players will "pan out" in the NFL, so why get so "wrapped around the axle" for just one specific player? That's not to say we don't have favorites; we do, but this chicken little "the sky is falling" crud when the Dolphins don't consistently pick a fans favorite player tends to turn some fans into "Lemmings" (sour pusses).

I'm getting tired of it and I think many other fans are too.

Jerry seems to be in love with Pitts and is wanting to trade up. And word around the NFL is Atlanta may be looking to trade back. Not good for us hoping a Qb hungry team wanting to trade up to 4 spot.
It's only bad for us if Pitts is at the top of our Draft Board who Coach Flores wants.

Pitts is great but trading up into top 5 for a tight end would be among all time bonehead moves. Their offense is already stacked they need defense
In all honestly the only time Pitts will be classified as a TE is when it comes to contract talks. He is much more than TE. If a team has a vision for Pitts, I couldn't blame anyone for trading for him if they can get the right price. He's a weapon, plain and simple. Don't box him into a position, as he can and will line up everywhere. They guy will come into the league with the largest catch radius in the NFL, and he actually can make all those catches.

Lots of people think he will be drafted at #6 if he's not taken at #4, so what's 2 spots?

Back
Top Bottom