Cowboys wanting Pitts? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cowboys wanting Pitts?

If 4 is too high for defense then what are you basing that of? 4 is too high for a tight end. If that is the case they are drafting mac jones.
Or Lance.

Its just my opinion. I don't believe any defender in this draft is worth a top 5 pick.

If Farley didn't have his back surgery, he would have been the first defender taken imo. This pushes Surtain up. Is he worth a top 5 pick?

I could understand a team reaching for a QB at 4 since its the most important position.

I cannot see a team reaching for the top CB prospect by default due to injury.

Atlanta will most likely draft Lance or Fields if they stay at 4.

Just my personal opinion.

Jerry seems to be in love with Pitts and is wanting to trade up. And word around the NFL is Atlanta may be looking to trade back. Not good for us hoping a Qb hungry team wanting to trade up to 4 spot.
I heard that on espn radio this am. Pure speculation.

Pro bowlers lol.

This isn't a thread comparing us to them. Jerry cares about splash signings which is why they will never win anything again. Their defense was pathetic last year and they need players and he wants Pitts??
You are saying he has been trash at player acquisition and "doesn't get it".

Clearly he "got it" better than our dumpster fire franchise the last 20 years.

And they have hit on more picks than any other team.

Literally probably the BEST team in the draft the last 20 years.

I hate the Cowboys, but if you know anything about the game you could see how many picks they have hit home runs on.

What is your argument even?

Have you never heard of Best Player Available?

Reaching for need cause the optics say your "D sucks" is what keeps you mediocre.

CeeDee Lamb was a "splash signing"? Pitts would be a "splash signing"?

They are not signings they are draft picks. And Lamb last year is point and case, yet again, that if you draft the BPA, you will find true difference makers.

His problem has been on who to hire as coach.

Not in acquiring talent - on BOTH sides of the ball......

Cowboys are in a prime spot for an elite CB prospect. Hence the public interest in a TE that they know they aren't going to get. The team needs a corner a lot more than it needs a pass catcher.

Soooo..no one else has good (insane) work ethic?

And good stats (receptions/yards/touchdowns) in a pass heavy offense with the best Off.Coor. and QB and OL and WR room and RB in the country doesn't makes one think this can't easily be duplicated, all the way around, in the NFL? A perfect scenario like that?
You want to get the right guy so yes it’s important
Just comments he's made
some people are obsessed with their guy that they want .I won’t be upset if it’s pitts but I believe it’s Devonta Smith

I just don't know if Miami would value Pitts as high as the receivers. Maybe if they didn't have Gesicki.

As far as Dallas goes, if four quarterbacks are gone by pick #6 could Miami still get their target at #10? I think that would be a risky trade down.

IF Dallas (or anyone) traded into 4 to grab Pitts.... we ACTUALLY could be in a spot to trade AGAIN. Out of 6 for a team wanting that 4th QB. Cincy will not trade and is most likely headed for Sewell or Chase.

You left out the quoted part of that sentence.....how convenient.

He said because they need defense badly.

If you quote someone quote them properly.
plus we got picks from niners when miami traded down in the first place. So even giving a first to eagles, miami still had a first left from niners. Whereas, cowboys trading up, are giving up picks without having snagged up some extra ones before doing that. And cowboys defense is horrible. They'll just simply be losing 38-31 now to good teams

Back
Top Bottom