Cowherd Podcast Riddick defends Tua | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cowherd Podcast Riddick defends Tua

IMO they are asking Tua to do a lot. He's carrying the offense. He has to be both the passing game and an extension of the run game. He has to compensate for the OL blocking deficiencies by getting the ball out quick and/or running around. He has to be hyper-accurate to compensate for a receiving core that leads the NFL in drops. He has to run PRO offense (instead of an RPO offense) b/c the RBs struggle to get over 3.0 ypc on any given game.
Exactly! They are running the ball to help control the clock, it is not helping the offense at all. It is helping the D stay fresh. The coaching staff is asking Tua to be efficient and score points in spurts, that is exactly what he is doing. With our OL and lack of run game, it is going to lead to a lot of 3 and outs if we pass all the time. It is a strategic game plan to control the clock and have your QB be very good at specific times, especially late. Tua has been exactly that!

Totally agree with his points. Spot on.

Marino was that guy that we all wanted to go to the stadium to see...put up massive stats and is the reason why a lot of us became Dolphin fans...but he never won it all...yet a lot of us want Tua to be Marino...so awesome stats and no 'ships? Doesn't make sense...now Tua has a way to go but I don't need him to be a prized fantasy player

Exactly! They are running the ball to help control the clock, it is not helping the offense at all. It is helping the D stay fresh. The coaching staff is asking Tua to be efficient and score points in spurts, that is exactly what he is doing. With our OL and lack of run game, it is going to lead to a lot of 3 and outs if we pass all the time. It is a strategic game plan to control the clock and have your QB be very good at specific times, especially late. Tua has been exactly that!

Exactly.

People keep wondering also why we don't open it up more.

Well, 3 dropped passes coming out of halftime led to a few quick 3 and outs.

So they do what needs to be done

Exactly.

People keep wondering also why we don't open it up more.

Well, 3 dropped passes coming out of halftime led to a few quick 3 and outs.

So they do what needs to be done
with parker and deiter back, and with just a bit more from the run game, the offense will start to open it up and take more shots.

has nothing to do with tua's ability or inability, i get the sense his preference is to alabama-air-it-out as opposed to the shart he is forced to do right now.

lol During is "Where Colin was right and wrong" segment to day he said he was wrong on Tua, that Miami can win with him, his completion numbers are like scrimmage numbers, and that he's a left handed Mac Jones (is this compliment?), and Miami is a poor man's New England.

I just think it's funny....shouldn't Mac be a 'Right handed Tua"? Tua was doing this last year lol

Colin is annoying but he does admit when his takes are wrong.

Guys I merged the two threads on Cowherd

Thanks for posting

I will give him props that he does admit when he is wrong. Many analyst and posters on this forum will not do that. Actually, I listened to that clip. He was very careful with his I was wrong to essentially admit that you can win with an efficient game manager and a good defense. He still says Tua is very limited, but he agrees that you can win with him playing the role he defined. Sigh….

Totally agree with his points. Spot on.

I like Riddick usually when he analyzes things. So Cowherd on the show today just compared Tua to Heinicki. I'm like f*ck Colin lol, He said B- qbs about Tua and Taylor. He apparently doesn't watch those games. Yes washington has won from defense but Taylor is a mediocre qb, whose peaked most likely. And don't forget he's played shitty most of year. Got on a streak. While Tua lost games from injury and keeps getting better. Makes passes Taylor can't with Tua's accuracy and Taylor actually threw passes at end of game that were game losing passes right in Raiders dbs hands dropped. Tua's elevated miami even tho defense is actually helping actually. It's because like Riddick has said Colin is obsessed about Aesthetics. But Aesthetics don't win games, they are fun to watch, but your best qbs were just super efficient and clutch

I will give him props that he does admit when he is wrong. Many analyst and posters on this forum will not do that. Actually, I listened to that clip. He was very careful with his I was wrong to essentially admit that you can win with an efficient game manager and a good defense. He still says Tua is very limited, but he agrees that you can win with him playing the role he defined. Sigh….
I'm tired of his "very limited" Then apparently scouts all over are idiots. You aren't seen as a top qb below Luck and Lawrence if you don't have good physical talents. Plus he was top 5 qb in a talented qb class. Normally qbs go high even if limited of talent if qb class is weak, but as we see 2020 was a strong qb talent class, yet tua was seen as a top 5 qb and if not for injury would have been possibly no.1 pick over Burrow

Cowturd was totally corrected and educated when he tried to badmouth Tua to Channing Crowder who from a first hand observation knows better. Colon did not expect such a spirited disagreement.

If by now he doesn't know better he's either a dumba$$ or trolling for the proverbial "clicks!"
The tool actually compared Tua with Heinicki lol. Compared Miami to washington which makes sense if talk about defense. But said Tua and Taylor as B- qbs. Umm, no Heinick has been doing alright but let's not forget he was quite bad most of season, but Tua is definitely better than Taylor. But a numb nuts podcast dude like Colin and his ignorant ass would not know that.

Last edited:
We are winning now but you can't expect us as fans to be patient on a 7 game losing streak especially after we showed so much promise last year.

It is not unreasonable for a fanbase to expect results in the third season of a regime.

It seems like we're turning a corner this season, but to suggest the fanbase is irrational and/or impatient is gaslighting.

I'd love to find out 2 things about the media and its unfavorable opinions of Tua. Especially after they were loving him at Alabama. 1) Why are they bashing him as a pro? What's changed since his college days? 2) Why are they pushing this bullshit trade scenario? I'd love to know how much of this is being driven by them or others from the league?

Back
Top Bottom