Crazy? Here Is A Case For Gore, Wake And Tannehill Remaining With The Dolphins | Opinion | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Crazy? Here Is A Case For Gore, Wake And Tannehill Remaining With The Dolphins | Opinion

I'm very curious about Tannehill's physical condition. Last year he was coming back after ACL surgery and he sustained the injury to his shoulder in that awful finish to the Cincinnati game. Players coming back from ACL surgery sometimes are a lot better the season after their comeback. The bigger issue to me was the shoulder. He finished off the season looking pretty bad with some of his throws looking weak. I sense that Stephen Ross muttered - enough! Gase departed the following day and the axe that chopped him is waiting for Tannehill, Branch, Quinn, Parker, Larsen, Amendola, et al.
My basic question is about Tannehill's physical health. He's definitely not worth $18.75M per season.

Maybe I'm the only one thinking this, but wouldn't it be better long-term for Miami to keep Tannehill for this season, regain his value, and then trade him? The rumor is that Miami is waiting until 2020 to get their qb of the future. Why not have Tannehill be the qb in 2019 then and maybe trade him for a 3rd/4th round pick after the season. Just a thought. I understand that he most likely won't be kept. I also hate the idea of releasing him for nothing, which is probably what will happen.

I'm sure it's gone through others minds to. And you guys tie yourself up in knots of just "one more year" of trying to catch his ceiling....if his value was high enough after 7 years, we would not have this problem. Expecting all that to change in year 8....

I'm sure it's gone through others minds to. And you guys tie yourself up in knots of just "one more year" of trying to catch his ceiling....if his value was high enough after 7 years, we would not have this problem. Expecting all that to change in year 8....
Not expecting a change, but if he stayed healthy and played at his usual level Tannehill's value would be higher than it is now. Miami is always in the business of selling low and buying high. Anyway, I do realize he will be gone and that the team will move on.

Maybe I'm the only one thinking this, but wouldn't it be better long-term for Miami to keep Tannehill for this season, regain his value, and then trade him? The rumor is that Miami is waiting until 2020 to get their qb of the future. Why not have Tannehill be the qb in 2019 then and maybe trade him for a 3rd/4th round pick after the season. Just a thought. I understand that he most likely won't be kept. I also hate the idea of releasing him for nothing, which is probably what will happen.
Because Tannehill is good enough to get you eight wins, and that is exactly what you don't want if your goal is to draft a quarterback in 2020

How do you expect tannehills value to increase with less talent around him, learning a new system and getting another year older? And if by some miracle he did have an amazing turnaround and won a lot of games we wouldn’t be in a position to draft his replacement
His value right now is probably not enough for Miami to get a draft pick for him. He's missed a year and a half due to injuries. I think just staying healthy, if he did that, would raise his value. Tannehill, for all his faults, is a mid-level quarterback. That's worth something in terms of draft picks.

Again, I realize the organization is going in a different direction and that's okay. Miami just always seems to be that team that is on the wrong end of the market, trading for players when their value is at or near their peak and getting rid of players when their value is at an all-time low. That really was my main point and my disappointment with how the Tannehill situation has transpired.

Frank Gore was great last season, but Kenyan is in the last year of his deal and Ballage looked great down the stretch. Both guys need more touches.

I would love Wake back on a one year deal, but he deserves to chance a ring if he wants to.

I know I’m in the overwhelming minority on Tannehill, but he should be our stopgap QB next year. He’s good enough to groom a young guy behind and his cap hit makes it advantageous to keep him (thanks Tannenbaum ). Next year we can clear the space by dropping him.

I thought that Frank Gore contributed well last season. While our Offense was pretty pedestrian, I thought that our RBs did pretty well. Drake and Ballage have upside but I'd welcome Frank Gore back if he felt that his body is up to it. In fact, for all the veterans that were collected in the Gase era, Frank the Tank was one of the very few who did well.

Its hard not to want Gore back for a low salary. He played well last year and is a hometown guy. I know it's tough to say, but if the Fins bring him back giving Drake less touches Drake will probably be cheaper to resign.

Back
Top Bottom