Crazy Mock Draft Ive Seen

Reason's he will succeed:

Smart player
Good decision maker
Check's down wisely
Reads through the progression very well
Experience

Reason's I can see him failing:

He is on a team that will have 10+ guys in the NFL, that would obviously make any palyer look better.
Arm strenth(Mel Kiper)is in question
He will be playing far better talent than that near pro team ever saw, and he can not rest on the lores of a Reggie Bush to take pressure of him.
Athletisism is in question, but you can be a statue(Bledsoe) and have success in the NFL

To many people are looking for that next Vick that can run around. Well exactly how many games have Vick, Culpepper, Brunell, McNabb, McNair, and Fiedler miss the last few years? How many have Favre, Manning, Palmer,Bledsoe,Brees,Green, and on and on miss?

This guy will have success unless he goes to a Detroit type of hole in the ground. Harrington would be more successful as would Carr if they were in a place like Cincy,Atlanta,Tampa,SD, or any other quality team.

Agent51 said:
I almost stopped reading your post halfway through the first line, because again, your best defense is "I don't care" like you are some football knowledge god, but I decided to humor myself. I'm glad I did, because had I not continued to read your post I would have missed this little gem:

"USC has arguably the best defense ever......." :sidelol:

Yep, can't argue with these numbers:

Points Allowed Per Game: 27th

Rushing Yards Allowed Per Game: 24th
Rushing Yards Allowed Per Attempt: 29th

Passing Yards Allowed Per Game: 77th
Passing Yards Allowed Per Attempt: 50th

Total Yards Allowed Per Game: 40th
Total Yards Allowed Per Play: 44th

Overall Defensive Rank: 41st

Wow dude, last time I checked if a team had the best defense ever it was ranked #1 overall, this team isn't even ranked #1 in a single categorey, the closest it comes is 23 spots out of first place in rushing yards, so I guess they MIGHT have the best rushing defense ever :shakeno:

IMO there are a lot more factors that need to be considered. How many times have you watched USC and when they needed to make a stop they did. The D steps up when they need 2. The offense scores so quickly that it is inevetible that the D is going to give up some good plays. Also it needs to be considered that the Pac-10 has some explosive offenses. I don't know where they land statistically but UCLA, ASU, UO can all score on anyone. IMO opinion the big difference is going to be the coaching. Mack doesn't even compare to Carrol. Then take into account that Carrol gets over 1 month to prepare and look out. That is the reason that OU got beat so badly last year.

Boomer said:
Leinart has the best touch of any passer I've studied in nigh on 20 years. I assume that the person who said this was a crazy mock was talking specifically about that trade rather than the mock as a whole? Because the mock as a whole isn't bad at all.

Bush to Houston would have been very likely indeed and still may be if they lose out. Ferguson will go in the top 5 if there's a team that has a need there.

Leinart has a noodle arm regardless of how good his touch is he doesn't fit out offense.

For 1 I hate the tag of "winner"! I hold true to my theory of what is a great player. To be great I believe you need to be able to make plays consistantly w/ or w/o play makers around you. Hieupel(spelling) was a winner, Frazier was a winner. Go down the list. You look at Eli Manning and he did not lead the Rebels to so much as a sniff of the SEC title. Yet he is a very good qb. Look at Leftwitch and what talent was around him in college, Roethlisberger, Frye,McNair,McNabb, Pepper(I guess),Plummer,Brees, and Brady. They performed very well in college dispite not winning a Heisman, not title, most(if not all) never won their conference. I like a guy that can play despite the talent around them!

Get off the backs of the likes of Harrington, Alex Smith and any other young qb on a struggling team. I guarantee that if Tom Brady were in SF, he would have only won a game or two more. Heck he was having a tough go of it w/ the SB champion Pats. This goes to prove that w/o a D the best players can not win on a regular basis. Well with one exception!!!!!!! DAN MARINO!!!!!!!!!

A POINT TO BE MADE ON THE D MAKING STOPS.

Look at the Colts. Look at the 15-1 Vikes. Look at the Bengals. Look at St.Louis If your D can not show up and hold the opposing team from scoring you will not go on and win the big games. Other than St. Louis(which the D played well the year they got the SB win) none have won the big game.

The difference in last years Colts and this years is the D is much improved! The O is not as dominant. If the Bengals D stiffens up, they could be as good a shot to be a "Dynasty" as the Colts, Pats, or anybody else. The D is great in USC. But I do not believe that Leinart is a flop of a player. He is a Brady type of player.

re:

the craziest part is that he thinks Carolina is gonna win the Super Bowl. I like the mock overall. Cutler dropping to SEA seems unlikely to me, but he would be a good fit there.

newlownorder said:
Leinart has a noodle arm regardless of how good his touch is he doesn't fit out offense.

OK, Leinart doesn't have a 'noodle arm' and you think if Miami had the chance at Leinart that they'd pass on him??

Den54 said:
The more things change the more they remain the same, eh Boomer? :lol:
Hey Boom any idea how Jeremy Bloom wr from Utah might do in the up coming draft? As always thanks for your imput. ;)

You know it mate. How are you Den?? Long time mate.......

Bloom as in the skier? I think he played at Colorado and attended Utah, is that right? If it's the same cat, he hasn't played in a couple of years because of his ski endoresements being an infraction of the NCAA's rules.

If he does indeed fancy an NFL career, then it's as a FA I think mate.

Happy Christmas Den

Boomer said:
Oh and if I'm so flawed, why are you PM'ming me telling me that you know "Nothing about Vince Young as you haven't watched any of his games" and that you "respect your opinion on talent"

:shakeno:

I respect your opinion but that does not mean that you are perfect. Nobody is perfect, and wouldn't it just have been easier to say he is a winner then to talk about national titles and heismans. What I said was true with the argument you presented. Remember just because I respect your opinion on talent, doesn't mean I worship you and lavish your thoughts. Everything anybody ever says on a player must be weighed against everybody else. That way you have a broad idea and not just "facts" from people who don't know what they're talking about. If you look back at my orignal post I said I found some flaws, not that your entire post was flawed. Don't get so offended.

PHINZONER said:
For 1 I hate the tag of "winner"! I hold true to my theory of what is a great player. To be great I believe you need to be able to make plays consistantly w/ or w/o play makers around you. Hieupel(spelling) was a winner, Frazier was a winner. Go down the list. You look at Eli Manning and he did not lead the Rebels to so much as a sniff of the SEC title. Yet he is a very good qb. Look at Leftwitch and what talent was around him in college, Roethlisberger, Frye,McNair,McNabb, Pepper(I guess),Plummer,Brees, and Brady. They performed very well in college dispite not winning a Heisman, not title, most(if not all) never won their conference. I like a guy that can play despite the talent around them!
leinart can't help the fact that he's on a great team. no need to punish him for that

Alex22 said:
ok so 3-0 we should turn off the T.V?

Nope sorry Im watching the whole game

Texas will crush USC by at least 16 points

Damn you are going to be dissappointed. Texas has played NOBODY. The big 12 is a joke. Ohio state is the only opponent worth mentioning and that was Vince Young worse game.

Amars said:
Damn you are going to be dissappointed. Texas has played NOBODY. The big 12 is a joke. Ohio state is the only opponent worth mentioning and that was Vince Young worse game.
actually he had a worse game against texas a&m's 117th ranked pass defense

Boomer said:
You know it mate. How are you Den?? Long time mate.......

Bloom as in the skier? I think he played at Colorado and attended Utah, is that right? If it's the same cat, he hasn't played in a couple of years because of his ski endoresements being an infraction of the NCAA's rules.

If he does indeed fancy an NFL career, then it's as a FA I think mate.

Happy Christmas Den

Merry Chrismas to you too Boomer.
Yeah the skier. I've read he was pretty decent kr,wr all round playmaker.
A little small at 5'8 180 but is suppose to be real quick. Perhaps a Wayne Cherbet type? Anyways just wondering. :)

FinSinceBirth said:
I respect your opinion but that does not mean that you are perfect. Nobody is perfect, and wouldn't it just have been easier to say he is a winner then to talk about national titles and heismans. What I said was true with the argument you presented. Remember just because I respect your opinion on talent, doesn't mean I worship you and lavish your thoughts. Everything anybody ever says on a player must be weighed against everybody else. That way you have a broad idea and not just "facts" from people who don't know what they're talking about. If you look back at my orignal post I said I found some flaws, not that your entire post was flawed. Don't get so offended.

I'm not offended, just bored of the sniping from people who know nothing about me.

Leinart is a winner. He will have led his team to National Titles, he has won a Heisman - it encapsulates the winners mentality that he possesses. It would be utterly fool hardy to talk about Leinart and not talk about the fact that he has done what he's done at USC.

Back
Top Bottom