Crazy Mock Draft Ive Seen | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Crazy Mock Draft Ive Seen

Alex22 said:
That would be terrible not cool

Matt Leinart is gonna fall flat on his face in the NFL

I hope he is no where near miami

:shakeno:

I actually think Leinart is going to do good...

I don't think SF will make that kind of trade. I'd love to see it but it's unlikely. They might ask for more or go for Bush. Very much an upgrade over Gus who should be gone. Wouldn't be surprised though if Houston gets the #2 pick and trades down. Their GM was the one who traded down with NO to allow them to get Ricky. Either way, Fins will get a franchise QB.

Alex22 said:
That would be terrible not cool

Matt Leinart is gonna fall flat on his face in the NFL

I hope he is no where near miami

If he does end up in Miami, I'll be happy though I'll bet there'll be a "I'm ditching the Fins because Matt Leinart is on our team and go Jets/Bills/Pats" bandwagon. Seems even Marino could have his own anti-Dan bandwagon here.

Alex22 said:
1- No arm strength

2- Teams play 8 in the box against him because of bush

3- He has great WR's

4- He isnt THAT accurate ive watched him play about 11 times, he throws it around his WR's but he doesnt hit them in stride as much as you people say

5- A heisman doesnt make you a great QB

6- He didnt deserve any of the national championships, year 1 LSU was better, year 2 Auburn was better, this year texas is gonna crush them

1 - Please. LOL.

2 and 3 contradict each other. Ive seen many USC games and never have I seen 8 in the box. NOt with the great receivers they have.

4- did you see the OB against OU? Most accurate deep passer I seen since my boy Gino.

5 - you have a point.

6- is a joke. LSU being better is VERY debatable. Auburn was definitley not better. And Texas does not win that game this year. If they do, it'll be close and Young will have to play the game of his life.

NO one and I mean NO ONE is crushing the Trojans in Pasadena. That's foolish to say.

How does someone not deserve a national championship...
The only arguement I can think for saying that is because the BCS is a crappy system and should be done way with, but thats just my opinion.

That whole mock is a little weird but I love the trade scenario that would be awesome, It wouldnt suprise me because as I have said many times Ricky will be traded if the right offer came along; and thats one hell of an offer. In reality however Lienart will fall to Tenessee IMO because Chow is there and both McNair and Volek aren't exactly spring chickens. I say us picking around #15 or so and having the chance to draft QBs such as Young, Cutler, Jacobs, Stanton or Whitehurst.

Regan21286 said:
I don't think SF will make that kind of trade. I'd love to see it but it's unlikely. They might ask for more or go for Bush. Very much an upgrade over Gus who should be gone. Wouldn't be surprised though if Houston gets the #2 pick and trades down. Their GM was the one who traded down with NO to allow them to get Ricky. Either way, Fins will get a franchise QB.

If he does end up in Miami, I'll be happy though I'll bet there'll be a "I'm ditching the Fins because Matt Leinart is on our team and go Jets/Bills/Pats" bandwagon. Seems even Marino could have his own anti-Dan bandwagon here.[/QUOTE]

That is true (the anti-dan thing), some people on here (definately not everyone, but I'm sure most of you can figure out who they are) just say the craziest stuff sometimes, and go back and forth every day it seems.

As far as Leinart coming here. I don't like him one bit, I think he is overrated and I pray to god we don't draft him, BUT, if we somehow manage to get him then I will fully support him (and pray to god that he proves me 100% wrong, lollol) because he will be a 'phin and I am 100% loyal to my team and it's players (except Reggie Howard :fire: :lol: ).

Question for Boomer, whats up with A.Smith? He looks so bad it brings Ryan Leaf back to mind. You think he is going to be a starter or is he just this bad? Man he looks so bad I think SF needs to take a Qb late first day/early second day or sign a decent vet. I somewhat believed much of the hype simply because I never saw much of him in college and just assumed scouts actually watched him play.

Id love it if we trade up fro Leinart, hes going to be a great pro. This would do 2 things, 1 it would give us the franchise Qb we have desperately needed since Marino left, 2 it would keep Leinart off the Jets so we dont have to face him twice a year for the next decade or so.
I really hope some scouts start to downplay Leinart that people are so stupid that he slides a bit so we can trade up and snag him. I dont see this trade being all that fair for SF. Ricky is not worth taking in return for a top 5 pick, once he is done getting enough cash to live off he is gone from the NFL, his past makes him a huge question mark. SF needs more than Ricky and the 15th pick next year, the 2nd rounder is nice but they need talent immediately and top talent. SF stinks, Im not sure this deal would make them any good next year. Trading down for them makes good sense, its what I would do if I was them, but not for this deal.
However, I would do this deal in a heartbeat if I was the GM in Miami :)).

I think it is funny how whenever an NFL with a lowly record wins, all we hear is this damn "Losing out in the Reggie Bush sweepstakes" crap. 1 - Bush hasn't even officially declared yet and 2 - what makes anyone think he's a lock at 1st overall anyway?

A. Smith is going through what every QB goes through....adjustments....

Remember Manning's rookie season? What a stinker that was...

Never been a big fan of Leinart but I don't think he'll fail in the NFL. I'm not as harsh on him as I used to be though. Do I think he has the potential to be an Elite NFL QB? No. But he could be a solid starter in time. That trade scenario would be awfully tempting but I'd be very wary about giving up to much to get him, especially when we could possibly land Cutler where we are and keep the 2nd and Ricky.

Agent51 said:
That is true (the anti-dan thing), some people on here (definately not everyone, but I'm sure most of you can figure out who they are) just say the craziest stuff sometimes, and go back and forth every day it seems.

As far as Leinart coming here. I don't like him one bit, I think he is overrated and I pray to god we don't draft him, BUT, if we somehow manage to get him then I will fully support him (and pray to god that he proves me 100% wrong, lollol) because he will be a 'phin and I am 100% loyal to my team and it's players (except Reggie Howard :fire: :lol: ).

Haha, Howard really wore out his welcome. I was supportive of having him at first but I still thought we overpaid. Frankly, Howards as helpful to the Fins as a player in a Jets uniform.

I don't think any drafted QB with some skill or brain will do poorly with our offense. If we can make Gus look good, we can make anyone a star. SF doesn't have a star RB duo, no go-to WRs, no healthy go-to TEs, horrid O-Line, bad defense. NYG had bad WRs and below average O-Line. Heck, Indy's O-Line was putrid during Manning's first years. Palmer had a bad D, etc. So there's no reason a QB wouldn't do well with our offense.

poornate said:
A. Smith is going through what every QB goes through....adjustments....

Remember Manning's rookie season? What a stinker that was...

Yea Mannings first season wasnt great but he looked really good at times. He made throws that gave you hope, he showed glimpses of great talent. Smith looks like I would if I played Qb in the NFL, he literally looks talentless and completely lost. That rook Fitzgerald on the Rams looks more talented than Smith and he came from an Ivy League school and was a really late pick.

I can't stand Leinart for personal reasons, but it is ridiculous to say you know he is going to fall flat on his face. Ridiculous.

There is nothing about Leinart that says he's bad. There are things that make it difficult to be sure how GOOD he is, but nothing that says he's bad.

As for the mock... my only major disagreement at first glance is that I think he has Miami giving up much too little to move up to #2. I don't see that happening. Not at that price. Someone would make a much better offer than that.

nopony said:
As for the mock... my only major disagreement at first glance is that I think he has Miami giving up much too little to move up to #2. I don't see that happening. Not at that price. Someone would make a much better offer than that.

I agree. Ricky is still a big risk off the field. Not that I would mind if SF went stupid on us.

At least Matt would be better than Vince Young...

Back
Top Bottom