Crazy Playoff Talk..... the way I see it. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Crazy Playoff Talk..... the way I see it.

Lilseb93

This Is My House
Reaction score
Let's look at the AFC:

I see the Patriots winning the east
I see the Ravens winning the north
I see the Raiders winning the west
I see the Texans winning the south
The Steelers or Bengals will get the 5th seed

I don't see anyone else in the AFC going 9-7 besides the Jets or Bengals but we could win a tiebreaker against them. We need to keep winning, we need Cincy to keep losing, and we need the Broncos, Chargers, or Browns to not go 9-7. Will that happen? Maybe not, but you never know.

This only happens if we win out which is highly unlikely, but my point is, there's still a chance.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but a team getting the 6th seed at 9-7 is possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
The remaining games are all winnable....will it happen???? Probably not, but we went on a great streak the year we went 11-5. It's just a shame we gave away games to Denver and the NY Giants when we shoulda/coulda won both of them, and probably some others earlier on.

The remaining games are all winnable....will it happen???? Probably not, but we went on a great streak the year we went 11-5. It's just a shame we gave away games to Denver and the NY Giants when we shoulda/coulda won both of them, and probably some others earlier on.

We just need to take it one game at a time. If we beat Dallas in good fashion, there's a decent chance they could win out.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Cleveland Browns have a better record than the Dolphins, and they also hold the tiebreaker advantage.

I was looking at our 2008 season results (when we went 11-5). We won 9 out of our last 10 games, so 7 in a row can be done. The last two games against the Pats and Jets look like the toughest on the schedule, but we just have to take it one game at a time.

hey, whether its likely or not, every week that we win, we are one step closer and fans/players can continue to be excited. which is really all that matters.

I was looking at our 2008 season results (when we went 11-5). We won 9 out of our last 10 games, so 7 in a row can be done. The last two games against the Pats and Jets look like the toughest on the schedule, but we just have to take it one game at a time.

The only difference is that we don't control our destiny here. The Bengals are our biggest threat IMO.

very true. and how about teams who lose 7 straight etc. or teams who start seasons 7-0, 6-0 10-0

it is not likely, but it is not impossible. we have 6 games left. this isnt baseball, its not like we have a ton of games to play. 1 at a time and see what happens.

i see dallas and oakland as real tough, only b/c if we get to pats/jets at 7-7 the whole dynamic changes completely from "impossible" to ok win these 2 games and here is what happens: it becomes a 2 game season - it becomes teh playoffs. so ill hold off on even thinking of that. Thurs could/should send us crashing down to earth, but if it doesnt we may have something here.

It really sucks looking back, the browns and denver game we should of won....both games we were winning and failed to stop them. They aren't even good is what upsets me. We should be 5-5, we have the talent just poor execution. Finally its getting better though, we actually had timeouts at the end of each half. Once you see that you know somethings going right.

Coulda Woulda Shoulda....just hope we have some magic the rest of this season, n baby jesus helps us n not Tebow

If we win all of our games and finish 9-7, the team with
Best chance is the Jets. All of the other teams that are currently
5-5 or 6-4 have tough schedules.

I have this KOHL's ad blocking my reply screen and it will not close, sorrry.

We just need to take it one game at a time. If we beat Dallas in good fashion, there's a decent chance they could win out.

That is the key, if we beat a decent Dallas team then I think this playoff "crazy talk" may have some merit, but until they beat a quality team I'm with holding judgement. As for Matt Moore I hope he continues to improve, it would be nice to focus on another need in the first round than QB.

Back
Top Bottom