Crazy Theory | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Crazy Theory

BigFin

Rookie
Reaction score
I've got a theory that I want to run by you all.

Remember last year when Garapallo was traded to the 49er's and Bill banned Brady's trainer from the facility? Remember all the rumors that the Pat's were experiencing a power struggle between Brady, Kraft, and Bill? Then during this past offseason Kraft and Bill had a last minute meeting with Josh McDaniels leaving the Colts high and dry?

I was wondering how and why Bill would allow two of his coaches to leave and join the same team in the same division in which you play. Then I remembered who Bill is. He doesn't forget and he holds a grudge. What if he's looking to retire next year or the year after and he's setting us up to whip New England from here on out? I read someplace that when he retires that he would like to serve as a special advisor to a team or president of operations for a team. Similar to Tom Coughlin in Jacksonville. What if we're that team? What better way of getting even with a team that crossed you then to set up a rival with good coaches to and help them later to beat you. I can see Bill allowing Flores and O'shea to come here together to create a winning culture and then sit back an laugh later.

What do you think?

I 100% agree Belicheck has a ax to grind with Kraft and we will see something like this play out eventually.

I read someplace that when he retires that he would like to serve as a special advisor to a team or president of operations for a team. Similar to Tom Coughlin in Jacksonville. What if we're that team?

Cincinnati has to be the favorite

bucket

Bill "Diabolical Mastermind" Belichick... Planning to destroy the team at the same time trying to win another Super Bowl!

This isn't crazy. This makes total sense if I don't think about it.

I actually don't think it's that crazy, although the advisor part might be a bit much.

Let's just put away the conspiracy aspects of this.

The part about there being a power struggle between Belichick, Kraft, and Brady was damn near explicitly confirmed. There have been issues over Brady's trainer. There was *something* about the Jimmy Garoppolo trade. Also *something* made Josh McDaniels say screw this I'm staying here, not going to the Colts.

In the past Belichick would've interfered in some way with Brian Flores taking a job in the division. He'd have sat down with Flores and let him know he doesn't think he should take the job. Maybe that happened and we didn't hear about it.

It could very well be that Chad O'Shea is no longer under contract after this year. Josh McDaniels has shown that he just will not leave the Patriots for whatever reason. That has blocked O'Shea's advancement. It would make sense if he said I'm not going to extend my contract with the Patriots again until I've looked to see if there are any OC positions for me out there, and now all the sudden there is one.

But why have Brendan Daly and Brett Bielema also been the subject of rumors about joining Brian Flores? Why did Greg Schiano essentially commit to coming to New England last year, and then all the sudden stay away?

One easy explanation for why assistants are actually looking to leave with Flores this time could be that they just think Bill is going to retire.

Interesting, but I think you are putting too much emphasis on setting up other teams. I suspect he is dealing with the coaching changes this way because:

1) He has no control with the FA coaches
2) He is more willing to take a chance on a new coach because he has already established his reputation with his history of successful seasons. If a new coach does well it will enhance his reputation and if they do poorly it will not have much, if any effect on his reputation.

This is a win only scenario for Belichick. He also wins if his former coaches do well with another team. If those coaches do poorly with another team it also enhances his reputation by showing they were nothing without him. It also allows him to get rid of some coaches who will be unhappy if they don't get an opportunity to leave.

Think about this. What coach will want to take over for the Patriots when Belichick leaves? If they do well many will say its because the team was set up to win by Belichick and if they loose it will be because they aren't as good as Belichick.

Either way he wins, so why should he worry about how the Patriots coaching structure will perform when he leaves? He has already won that battle, no matter what happens with the Patriots once he is gone.

I'm thinking that Belichick is tired of reading all the posts around here at FH busting on his coaching tree, so he said **** that, I am going to do everything I can to help my boy Flores out! Nice!

Back
Top Bottom