Crazy Theory | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Crazy Theory

I don't doubt that Belichick might leave New England sooner than expected. He's not dense enough to believe Brady's age won't catch up to him quickly.

I'm old enough to remember Lombardi retiring from the Packers. That was not rumored all season. There were some whispers the week leading up to the game but hardly definitive. Then it happened suddenly. I was only a kid but when the press conference was held announcing Phil Bengston as successor I was thinking you've got to be kidding me. It didn't even seem like an attempt to remain relevant.

Bill Walsh retired suddenly. Jimmy Johnson was a different matter but he was out in a flash, without prior indications. Many other examples, including Shula. It's not like Belichick is going to have a 2-season going away tour.

If you want him gone, maybe root for a Patriots victory. Now there's a dilemma. Seemingly greater likelihood of leaving while on top, like Lombardi and Walsh did.

One easy explanation for why assistants are actually looking to leave with Flores this time could be that they just think Bill is going to retire.
I believe this very thing. Next Sunday will not only be Belichick’s but also Brady’s last game in the NFL.

The curse is real. It can't get any worse than having a GM who wasn't even a good scout, and now we are left to sign the Patriots assistants that they don't care about keeping.

Ross is the great destroyer of Dolphin football. May his name dwell in ignominy and infamy forever.

83658427.gif

84229906.gif

Honestly I think the Hoodie wants the Pats to lose so that Brady will have 4 SB losses on his resume. One might say "But Bill will have 4 SB losses on his resume too". True. But when has Bill given a f about what others think? He doesn't.

I think he was pissed that Kraft forced him to trade Jimmy G. Pissed that Brady went and cried to the owner (reportedly) when Bill considered getting rid of Brady in favor of Jimmy. I believe Belichick got together with Pederson the night before SB 52. The plan was simple: Bill would bench Butler. And agreed to let Pederson try those trick plays undefended. Bill also gave some of the defensive gameplan away. Which would obviously result in a Philly blowout win. Right? Wrong!! What Bill didn't count on was Brady throwing over 500 yards in the SB. It wasn't until the strip fumble that Bill's plan was accomplished. But in the end, Bill looked worse than Brady. Because it was a tight game, and conventional wisdom says Butler breaks up at least 3 or 4 of the 3rd down plays. Think about it: Philly winning in a blowout couldn't possibly be just because Butler was benched. Bradys poor performance would overshadow that. But because it was a close loss, the what if games started with the Butler situation. Bradys brilliance made Bill look worse.

I also believe Bill benched Butler because Butler was a thorn in his side (Contract and such). I think he holds personal grudges. So there it is. Bill is pissed at Brady. A SB win would feel "bittersweet" to say the least. I honestly think deep down he is pissed that Dee Ford was offsides. It wouldn't shock me if Bill is secretly giving McVay tips s we speak. And no I am not joking.

Jupiter Fl is one of Bill's favorite places to stay during the offseason, much like Bill Parsells when he was Vice President of football operations for the Dolphins...Hmmmmmm....Crazy??

I've got a theory that I want to run by you all.

Remember last year when Garapallo was traded to the 49er's and Bill banned Brady's trainer from the facility? Remember all the rumors that the Pat's were experiencing a power struggle between Brady, Kraft, and Bill? Then during this past offseason Kraft and Bill had a last minute meeting with Josh McDaniels leaving the Colts high and dry?

I was wondering how and why Bill would allow two of his coaches to leave and join the same team in the same division in which you play. Then I remembered who Bill is. He doesn't forget and he holds a grudge. What if he's looking to retire next year or the year after and he's setting us up to whip New England from here on out? I read someplace that when he retires that he would like to serve as a special advisor to a team or president of operations for a team. Similar to Tom Coughlin in Jacksonville. What if we're that team? What better way of getting even with a team that crossed you then to set up a rival with good coaches to and help them later to beat you. I can see Bill allowing Flores and O'shea to come here together to create a winning culture and then sit back an laugh later.

What do you think?
I believe all of what you wrote to be the absolute truth.

I made the same points last week and it turned into a huge fight between my pet Sasquatch and Elvis.

And yeah, the Earth IS flat.
Omar said so

If the Dolphins also hire Bill's son Steve (currently NE safeties coach) then I'd think you might be on to something.

What the hell is wrong with people? I live in NE and hear it all the time. BB is a freaking egomanic (which is understandable given his success). He doesn't give a **** if a staff member goes to any other team, never mind one in the AFC. He thinks everyone is replaceable, which pretty much they are when you have his mentality. People need to get out more and get hobbies.

I would disagree with the theory .Kraft has given everything Bill wanted through the years. Bellicheat won't leave mad at Kraft.

I doubt it, but anything is possible with people. I’d do that.

Back
Top Bottom