Creed Humphrey - Returning to School | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Creed Humphrey - Returning to School

This is a tough one for me and I disagree. Hear me out.
So if Tua is the QB we projected: remember the ball placement, the leader, “tank for tua”.... we really going to pass on this guy for an added Olineman or CB we would draft in late 1st / early 2nd?

Yes, because of the injury and added risk that comes with it.

If Tua hadn’t had the injury, then I’d agree to do what it takes. But the equation has changed. The risk has changed.

I‘d stand pat and hope to get him at 5. Trading assets to move up for an unknown when this team has so many other deficiencies isn’t a tactic I believe in.

Yes, because of the injury and added risk that comes with it.

If Tua hadn’t had the injury, then I’d agree to do what it takes. But the equation has changed. The risk has changed.

I‘d stand pat and hope to get him at 5. Trading assets to move up for an unknown when this team has so many other deficiencies isn’t a tactic I believe in.
It’s fair position to hold. Little conservative imo, but might be the better course.
We won’t know until we know.
Im going to pay for the QB because I’ve grown up watching Marino Montana Brady Peyton Brees Rodgers even Ben, Eli now next generation Wilson Mahomes.
It’s everything.

Biadasz is fine with me. He's been noted to be one of the strongest players in college football, but I kept hearing about how he's not athletic...so I hunted down some tape:

Overall write-up: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-draft-player-preview-tyler-biadasz/

In pass pro:

I wouldn't be mad if we took him at 18, if he's there at 26 it should be a no-brainer.

Biadasz is fine with me. He's been noted to be one of the strongest players in college football, but I kept hearing about how he's not athletic...so I hunted down some tape:

Overall write-up: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-draft-player-preview-tyler-biadasz/

In pass pro:

I wouldn't be mad if we took him at 18, if he's there at 26 it should be a no-brainer.

It cracks me up posters that don't think he is 1st round. I wanted McCoy last year but any real evaluator knows Biadasz is better

It cracks me up posters that don't think he is 1st round. I wanted McCoy last year but any real evaluator knows Biadasz is better
Not sure that’s a given.
Not that I’m a real evaluator.

I never said he wasn’t a Rd1 pick.
Huh? I said he was a first round and your post response to me was "that's not a given"
If that's not saying he isn't a 1st rounder you are the best hedger I've seen

No, he is not better then McCoy was coming out. McCoy was more athletic and had just as strong of an anchor.

Biadesz could still go in round 1, I just said I think Nick Harris goes before him. Bradbury wasn't as good as McCoy coming out but ended up going earlier. Harris, like Bradbury, will perform better at the combine, he will have an entire week of practices at the senior bowl to impress, and his tape is just as good.

Biadesz had a much better season last year but has not looked great in games against some stronger interior players.

Is there a huge difference in skill between Biadazs and Nick Harris?

No, I don't think there is...Biadesz has played really well in the past, he has a very strong anchor, Nick Harris anchor is weaker. Harris is better at reach blocks and getting to the second level, both are very good communicators along the line.

Center is an interesting position in that you almost never have more then one go in round one and you could see 20 plus picks in between two guys who have a very minimal drop-off in their ability. So one getting drafted at 20 and the other getting drafted at 50 doesn't mean was significantly better than the other.

No, I don't think there is...Biadesz has played really well in the past, he has a very strong anchor, Nick Harris anchor is weaker. Harris is better at reach blocks and getting to the second level, both are very good communicators along the line.

Center is an interesting position in that you almost never have more then one go in round one and you could see 20 plus picks in between two guys who have a very minimal drop-off in their ability. So one getting drafted at 20 and the other getting drafted at 50 doesn't mean was significantly better than the other.

Kushenberry, from LSU, isn't even talked about and he's the anchor of the line that has Joe Burrow doing all kind of Heisman trophy type of things. He's pegged in the 4th round...the fourth damn round!

Haven't watched Harris yet, and I like Biadasz - smart/aware player whose strength is obvious, and I agree that his anchor is very good. The one area that gives me pause, though, is his balance. Too often, he loses his footing. Still have more work to do with him, and maybe it's not as big a deal as it seems, but that's my primary area of concern.

Kushenberry, from LSU, isn't even talked about and he's the anchor of the line that has Joe Burrow doing all kind of Heisman trophy type of things. He's pegged in the 4th round...the fourth damn round!

While I am not a fan of the guard class, I do like the center class even with Humphry returning to school.

Cushenberry, Temple's Hennessey, Oregon's Hanson, Michigan's Ruiz, and Mississippi State's Williams could all go in that 2nd to 5th round area. I do think the weaker G class could push up some of these centers even for teams looking for a guard.

I didn’t say he wasn’t a solid player I said he wasn’t a very good athlete and I know how athletes get drafted high.

I just think you have to draft value him right. For me that’s not 1st round.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom