Cris Carter not winning any popularity contests...according to Pro Football Talk | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cris Carter not winning any popularity contests...according to Pro Football Talk

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
CARTER A CHANGED MAN?

Over the weekend we spoke to several NFL personnel guys who asked the same question we were thinking when we heard that Chris "A Legend In His Own Mind" Carter is going to sign with the Dolphins: "What in the hell are they doing down in Miami?" As one Pro Personnel guy said to us: "everything will be fuzzy and warm for awhile . . . I give Carter about three games - especially if the Dolphins are making a playoff run - before he starts whining and bitching about not getting the ball enough." An AFC scout told us "that forget all the other quotes that come out of that locker room . . . the Human Quote Machine (meaning Carter) will make sure that he floods the media with the same crap he used to say in Minnesota." Our take on the matter: Carter is one of the biggest phonies in the league . . . and we liked Len Dawson on HBO better, anyway.

Ouch. Looks like people around the league are really questioning this one. What the he|| business does PFT have calling him stuff like "a legend in his own mind" and crap like that. He's the 2nd leading WR of ALL TIME behind only the greatest of the great, Jerry Rice. Jesus. He may have a big mouth but to call him a legend in his own mind and **** like that is just flat out distorting the truth. The guy is a legend PERIOD.

But I'm not surprised with PFT. They get GREAT info on that rumor page and its usually always accurate. But they never can help themselves from sticking their erroneous opinions and misguided predispositions into their reporting. Its the reason they don't get respect like a legitimate news source, even though they break more stories and have more inside sources than any "legitimate" news source I see.

I agree with you here, Carter should be good for what we need as a #2 receiver. Even at 36, he should be pretty close (or better) to what we had in Gadsden. They can say what they will, but who can really argue with those type of #'s. A few years ago, when Rice became available, I was hoping we would sign him for many of the same reasons we signed Carter. My hope is he stays positive, catches those wild passes Jay and Ray throw and eventually teaches Chambers some of the finer aspects of getting open in the end zone!

:D :cool: :D

It's all good with Cris in the House there should be no excuses that our offense can't produce #s. We will be fine. A lot of Cris Carter comments and/or quotes have been blown out of proportion. CC84+CC85=Lots of TDS!!!

The biggest advantage of having Chris Carter is the fact that he can mentor Chambers much like he did Randy Moss. Moss may be a little baby, but you can't take his talent away, and Carter helped tune his talents. You all see Randy's sideline grabs, where he keeps both his feet in and lets his body go limp? Carter taught him that, and hopefully he'll teach Chambers a few tricks too......

You can tell they are trying to sensationalize this story. I love how they threw in the "What the hell are they doing own there in Miami??" comment from one "Pro Personell guy".

Hey Mr. Guy.......you want to know what we're doing in Miami?? We're assembling a WINNER. Who the hell is this guy to question the moves we've made this year?? Norv Turner, Ricky Williams, Robert Edwards, Jamie Nails, McMichael, Gardener (cutting him), Oguneleye, Desmond Clark.......all solid moves that are paying dividens. Now we've got the #2 all time leading WR on OUR terms.

I'm sorry, but PFT went "National Enquirer" on this one.

Carter Was offererd a spot @ PFT & when the espn deal & fox deal didn't work out he grabbed the HBO spot. So they were mad about being sloppy 4ths.

Originally posted by BigDoug
Jamie Nails LMAO :D

Yeah, you may be laughing on the outside but you're crying on the inside that your lousy team let Nails go and then he dropped a ton of weight and is playing at a Pro Bowl level.
Look, loser, the game with the Bills is over...go away. We don't need to hear your crap anymore.

The only Pro Bowl Nails'll ever see is at the Country Style Buffet.

Loser? Check the scoreboard :D

At least YOU have a shot at beating him out for THAT honor BD.....

Somebody needs to go back to the smack forum and practice.....

We beat Green Bay in Miami now lets do it in Green Bay. Keep the faith 6-2 baybee. Lets go Phins.

Back
Top Bottom