Cris Carter to Decide Next Week | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cris Carter to Decide Next Week

EddieIrvine13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dolphins | Carter Decision Coming Next Week; Still Likes Miami - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
8:01 PT: The Miami Herald reports free agent WR Cris Carter (Vikings) said he's still leaning towards playing next year and will make a decision by early next week. He noted his agent spoke with the Miami Dolphins on Monday and Miami is most likely the place he'd call home if he continues to play. He said the two sides will talk again after the draft and he feels they can work something out. "Miami is the best situation," Carter said.

Looks like we may get him after all. Big addition to our already good receiving corps.

I thought he was supposed to decide 2 weeks ago...

Then I thought he was supposed to decide last week...

Then I thought he was supposed to decide this weeks...

Now he's supposed to decide next week...

:stooges:

Originally posted by Rebar71
I thought he was supposed to decide 2 weeks ago...

Then I thought he was supposed to decide last week...

Then I thought he was supposed to decide this weeks...

Now he's supposed to decide next week...

:stooges:

Now he's supposed to decide this week if he is supposed to decide next week...
:goof:

Originally posted by dolphan39

Now he's supposed to decide this week if he is supposed to decide next week...
:goof:

Upon making that decision, he will then decide next week if he should've decided last week...

:drinker:

What a slap in the face this must be to CC. He thinks he will have a great market, but now only 1 team in mildly interested in him and wont give him more than a million dollars(estimation).

HaHa funny how some people overestimate their worth. What a slap in the face.

Chris Carter screwed himself...or his bumbling strange free agent visits brought him down to one team, who may just take him where he wanted to go in the first place...first place.

Get it?

The latest

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...dolphins041802.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Dolphins | More On Carter - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
22:09 PT: Alex Marvez and Chris Perkins report for the Sun Sentinel free agent WR Cris Carter (Vikings) is expected to meet with the Miami Dolphins again next week, according to Carter. Once again, coach Dave Wannstedt doesn’t sound optimistic about a contract agreement. "Right now, we’re not thinking about it," Wannstedt said through a team spokesperson. "We’re worrying about the draft. It’s not something on our radar screen right now." As noted, Carter wants to keep playing in 2002.

it will be interesting to see what they offer CC if anything:
Carter met with Dolphins officials in early March and his agent exchanged proposals with the team later in the month.

But with the Dolphins offering a contract worth roughly $1.5 million for 2002, the 36-year-old Carter decided to keep considering options outside of football.

That didn’t sit well with Dolphins officials, who privately are questioning how sincere Carter is about playing for the team. However, another face-to-face meeting between Wannstedt and Carter could clear the air.

Bottom line on Carter IMO:
Can he help the fins win more games than we did last year?
No doubt.
We went 11-5 with no running game, and no real threat besides Chambers at the WR position.
Yes, the other guys we have are good players, but, they are not gamebreakers, or difference makers.
Chris Carter is, even at 36.
Break it down as simple as this:
If we had had him last year, and everything else was the same, I beleive we most likely would have had the first round playoff bye.
I think it is safe to say that he could have caught at least 5 TD's (to be very conservative).
Could those 5 more TD's have gotten us maybe 1 or 2 more wins, thus, giving us a better record and giving us the playoff bye?
I think so.
Now, this is all speculation, but, it makes sense.
Now, this says nothing about the defense, but, that is not his job.
His job is to improve our OFFENSE.
Our offense at times the last couple years has been brutal to watch, to be kind.
I say, bring him in here, lay the law down to him, get the money thing done, and let's go to the big one.
It's been too long.
You don't get that many chances to get close.
When your window of oppourtunity is there, you need to make the most of it.

This story has plenty of mileage in it yet!

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...dolphins041802.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

"But with the Dolphins offering a contract worth roughly $1.5 million for 2002, the 36-year-old Carter decided to keep considering options outside of football.

That didn’t sit well with Dolphins officials, who privately are questioning how sincere Carter is about playing for the team. However, another face-to-face meeting between Wannstedt and Carter could clear the air."

Well I was all for chris coming in ,but alot of others were saying noooo! I like that we are making him wait while we work on our draft ...we can make it with out him ,but i would like to see him here for the vet min . plus incentives ...If we can get him at that , it would be INSANE not to! I know he will help this team and i still believe his attitude was due to the vikes falling apart while moss fiddled!!! If we get get him ,our reciever corps goes from good to GREAT this will open up some running lanes to boys !!!And im tired of people comparing this to shulas last hurrah when he went and got a bunch of OVERPRICED OFTEN INJURED FIRST ROUNDER!!! This is not the same thing ...CC is a proven talent and a hall of famer ...its time for the real fans to get on the bus (grudgingly lol) and support this move if we make it ,and I believe we will if CC wants to play for a SB contender!!! Take away CC's last year and i think most would be clammering for him . He is a good fit and I hope it goes down soon after the draft so we can get him in working with the team ....LETS GO OFFENSE!!!

Ok badfoot. I was a Chris Carter boo boy, but I will turn my thinking a bit and say, if he can come in and do his job, then it would take us a notch up.

I just don't want to see him in Fiedlers face...ever.

more on CC, Sr.

Dolphins: Cris Carter to visit again next week

At the beginning of the free agency period, Carter said money was not an issue. Then, he turns down $1.5 million a year to explore his options. He seriously has a screw loose somewhere in that brain of his. He should already be a Dolphin. Sadly, if things cannot be worked out with them, Carter may have no choice but to retire.

Back
Top Bottom