Cris Carter to Miami Article | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cris Carter to Miami Article

good article but I wish I had some inside source info if this is true or a bunch of steam about Carter.

I doubt we'll sign this guy. He's out of shape and wouldn't be ready for a while.

I like the article....But I say we should sign him regardless if Gasden comes back or not and get him in shape.

At this point you don't sign Chris Carter. I was all for it at the beginning of the season, but right now no way here is why:

The team is rolling and looks to the elite team in the conference. That is a fragile situation you don't bring in a personality as big as CC out of fear he screws up your locker room.

Chamber is only out 1 week he is the play maker at WR. OG is the role player and we have 2 guys already on the roster that can step up and take his place.

This is a running football team! We win with RW. You bring is Cartrer along with Chambers, and mcMichael and you might start to get greedy. We don't have the QB to be able to throw 40 times and win.

It would take him a month to get in to football shape and to understand Norv's playbook. To much money and risk for a guy that might only be productive in 6 or 7 games.

Not buying it dajesus, no offense.......but we have enough veterans on this team to squelch any new comer, no matter how old he is, from becoming a cancer and what reasons would he have to pissed off about? He steps into a perfect situation, the player he is replacing is gone for the season.......no chance of a battle there......I suppose if he got outplayed by Robert Baker and lost playing time to him, maybe he would get a little mad but in that case we could just cut him before any problems got out of hand.

At worst...he comes in and is out of shape and can't help much until a few game down the road.....like say December or playoff time. We could do alot worse than to have a rested and healthy CC to play on the other side of CC.

All that being said, I don't think we need to worry about it. He isn't coming here.

Not yet at least, not until afte OG makes his decision.....play or pay?

Funny how he also stated that we would likely look at re-signing Leon Searcy soon....well Searcy is having surgery AGAIN and is OUT for his 3rd straight season......rumors can be humorous sometimes....hahahaah

By the time we signed Carter and he got into game shape and learned the offense, it would be week 12 and it would be too late for him to make an impact.

That and Carter knows if that happens, he comes off looking like he is trying to ride the coat-tails of a winning team. He doesn't want that kind of negative press.

Originally posted by Dajesus
At this point you don't sign Chris Carter. I was all for it at the beginning of the season, but right now no way here is why:

The team is rolling and looks to the elite team in the conference. That is a fragile situation you don't bring in a personality as big as CC out of fear he screws up your locker room.

Chamber is only out 1 week he is the play maker at WR. OG is the role player and we have 2 guys already on the roster that can step up and take his place.

This is a running football team! We win with RW. You bring is Cartrer along with Chambers, and mcMichael and you might start to get greedy. We don't have the QB to be able to throw 40 times and win.

It would take him a month to get in to football shape and to understand Norv's playbook. To much money and risk for a guy that might only be productive in 6 or 7 games.

very good points dajesus. i would also say that robert baker gets to prove something he has always wanted to, that he can actually play great in a regualr season game instead of a meaningless preseason one. i actually wouldnt worry about chris carter being in shape cus he only needs to be able to catch a few balls per game and he has always kept himself in good shape in off season. it has only been a few months since he worked out but overall, he would be a distraction and guys like baker have more to prove. I am also intrigued that we keep margin hooks hangin around. he didnt look bad in preseason. but a long way to go just the same.

I am soooo sick of everyone talking about what a "cancer" Cris Carter is in the locker room. There were 2 years in Min where he would get fired up on the sidelines in what everyone viewed as a negative way. Well if I had to deal with Randy Moss on a daily basis I would lose it also. He was always one of the hardest working WR in the NFL. He is a veteran leader and future hall of famer that is passionate about winning. He would make a good fit with the current Dolphins veterans, hell I see alot of his attitude in Zack and JT.

That being said ... we wont sign Cris Carter there is no use in getting excited about the possibility. I'm just tired of all the Cris Carter bashing.

wr's.......................

MEE: very good post, i agree 100%. we need to get someone in here though and not just some scout team schmuk. if gadsden's wrist is so bad there talking season eneding surgery, we need someone now, not 4 weeks from now. if oronde decides to go the distance, what happens if he aggravates it in a week? in a month? someone has to be in there to take his place. or fill in for someone like mcknight who will be the starter in his place next to chambers.

and i would not cry at all if chris carter was signed. he can run any route and is not some 280 lb out of shape blob. he won't need 2 months to play.

FROM THE SUN SENTINEL:

"his team's destiny rests more with its defense and Ricky Williams than its quarterback"............

"fiedler isn't exactly sending fear into the heart of defensive coordinators around the league. He can just as easily help win a game as he can help lose a game"................

Screw Cris Carter. He had his chance this offseason and blew us off to chek out the Browns and the Rams (ha!). Now he wants to come in and cash in. People can say he is a cancer, I say he is a showboat. Why else would he be willing to come to Miami now than before? Because we are winning and he wants to be able to take credit for something he has no part of. He is probably the reason Randy Moss is the way he is. Remember before he was the upstanding veteran in Minnesota, he was the selfish youngster in Philadelphia. Doesn't look like much has change. Cris Carter is good....for me to poop on!

:monkey:Cris Carter

carter.................

well, one thing for sure, carters pre-season tour of the teams was an embarrassment for him, he made himself look real stupid and it cost him playing this season because he slammed so many doors.

but dude has game, even if he is a hypocrytical goof. and i want a guy in here with game, not some tackle dummy re-tred!!

in a normal nfl year, or in comparrison to the last 10 years in the game, i do not think this team is superbowl ready, caretaker qb, olb's missing in action, so -so pass rush, no o-line depth, etc..... but this season, there is no dominant team in the afc. the afc champ is up for grabs and right now miami has an above average chance to make it to the show, providing we get home field advantage through out the playoffs.

and if these injuries stop now.

so if oronde has to go, lets' not delute our chance for the show by watering down the talent with scout team hopefulls. if oronde goes down, miami should swallow it's pride and give mr. carter a call.

hey, he's a goof, we know it, he knows it. but like i said, this year it is up for grabs, and this might be our only legit shot for a few more years or longer [ask dan marino how long it can be between s/b's] depending on f/a losses and injuries and other teams who are on the verge putting the pieces together. let's not blow it by pretending carter can't catch!

FROM THE SUN SENTINEL:

"his team's destiny rests more with its defense and Ricky Williams than its quarterback"............

"fiedler isn't exactly sending fear into the heart of defensive coordinators around the league. He can just as easily help win a game as he can help lose a game"................

FORGET CARTER>>>>>>>>

no chance what so ever... these guys are in the middle of a war...

the sunday night game showed this team is ready for blood and guts ... a battle of the most demanding kind. they will play with injuries..... orande will play out the season like the warrior he is. chambers is inspired by him and Zach and taylor and feidler ..
can't you see they are on a mission.......

they will come to play sunday and quiet anyone who thinks the dolphins need a carter right now......Carter doesn't have the heart that it takes to be on this journey with these guys. he has the talent but he is not willing to get bloodied and go to war.....

end of discussion......

the Bills are in for a rude awakening sunday....... these guys are for real this year and intend to let the WORLD know about it sunday just in case anyone missed last sunday night.........
they are on a mission and are almost half way through it already in pretty good shape..

I would go out right now and sign him if he is willing to come for a reasonable price. We need a possession receiver with Gadsden done for the year (at least if I was Gadsden, I would take the surgery, I gotta think he is leaning that way).

Ward is a good possession receiver but I don't think he is big and physical enough to work on the outside every down. We can't go three wide just to get a possession receiver on the field. Carter can still play and he would fit perfectly into Gadsden's former role. He is a good player and all that cancer crap is bull. Just because he doesn't get along with Randy Moss doesn't mean he won't get along with anyone. Hell, no one gets along with Randy Moss.

Besides, if we sign him for a one year deal and he does turn out to be a cancer, we can cut him and it will cost very little against the cap (and since it's a one year deal, after the season ends it won't count anything against the cap). We have nothing to lose. Chances are, Chambers and Gadsden are out Sunday, and McKnight is still very sore. I don't feel comfortable with Robert Baker being our #3 WR. Although Cris Carter wouldn't play this weekend, he could be signed this weekend and then would get 2 weeks to work with the offense. I gotta think he is still in shape. Just because you don't play football doesn't mean you don't work out every day.

Back
Top Bottom