Critical Time | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Critical Time

Like another poster said, Cethan Carter had a concussion opening day and hasn't been active since. Tua wont be back for a few weeks in my opinion
So you’re saying both players have the same tolerance for pain and after effects? Seems pretty narrow minded. Ever think that Carter could play at this point but he’s not needed because we’re loaded at the TE position?

His heartlessness killed us Thursday - we had it - milk the clock and score and we have a nice shot at 4-0….everybody did there part but the guy who mailed it in…this is the NFL not Northeast Columbia U-17 soccer…I mean seriously I’ve seen enough…SKylar gets the chance till he sucks then I go back to Teddy - and even then…SKylar is humble and he’s got HUGE heart - in that way he’s like Tua / Tua is more game ready but SKylar has better pocket presence - something you cannot teach…watch SKylar kill it!!! ENJOY!!!
Love how you personally know which players has heart and who doesn’t

So you’re saying both players have the same tolerance for pain and after effects? Seems pretty narrow minded. Ever think that Carter could play at this point but he’s not needed because we’re loaded at the TE position?
Nope. He's officially been out with a concussion. Thanks for playing

Nope you’re comparing one concussion to the next one. Simple minded and narrow minded to do so
YOU said, "ever think that Carter could play at this point but he’s not needed" and I factually corrected you. Take the L and move on. Tua wont be back for a few weeks and rightfully so. Talk about narrow and simple minded, Tua's brain is more important than your silly fandom.

YOU said, "ever think that Carter could play at this point but he’s not needed" and I factually corrected you. Take the L and move on. Tua wont be back for a few weeks and rightfully so. Talk about narrow and simple minded, Tua's brain is more important than your silly fandom.
It’s not about fandom or Tua hating like you fall into, it’s about if he’s cleared to play he will play. I’m not hoping he’s out for any length of time like you are. You’re better suited rooting for another team because since you’ve been posting here you pathetic agenda is pretty clear

Really don’t see Tua playing before the Steelers game even in the best case scenario, and I think it’s 50-50 whether he comes back before the bye.

This is one of the biggest stories in football right now. The doctors are going to err on the side of extreme levels of caution, and the team probably is going to wait another week or two to put him back in even after he’s medically cleared.

It’s not about fandom or Tua hating like you fall into, it’s about if he’s cleared to play he will play. I’m not hoping he’s out for any length of time like you are. You’re better suited rooting for another team because since you’ve been posting here you pathetic agenda is pretty clear
Why are you making this personal? You sound like a child. I'm very much pro-Tua. His first drive on Thursday was something special, I even said, it looked like a drive only the elites in this game make. Edmonds had to screw up that drive.

I'm hoping he's out for some length of time because I put my fandom aside for the humanity of these players. Brain injuries are not something to f*ck with. Go look up all about CTE. A life of misery awaits a lot of these players and that's terribly sad.

He was cleared to come back into the game against the Bills. I, along with most viewers, believed that was a mistake. Let's not put all our trust in doctors, especially when it comes to the brain. We know so little about the brain as it is. A few weeks off to heal Tua's brain will do him good for Dolphins fans in the short term and Tua's health in the longterm.

Why are you making this personal? You sound like a child. I'm very much pro-Tua. His first drive on Thursday was something special, I even said, it looked like a drive only the elites in this game make. Edmonds had to screw up that drive.

I'm hoping he's out for some length of time because I put my fandom aside for the humanity of these players. Brain injuries are not something to f*ck with. Go look up all about CTE. A life of misery awaits a lot of these players and that's terribly sad.

He was cleared to come back into the game against the Bills. I, along with most viewers, believed that was a mistake. Let's not put all our trust in doctors, especially when it comes to the brain. We know so little about the brain as it is. A few weeks off to heal Tua's brain will do him good for Dolphins fans in the short term and Tua's health in the longterm.
the longer he’s out does not mean long term health for Tua. That much has been proven. If he feels healthy and shows no symptoms then he’s ready. Another concussion could come his next game or three years from now and would have the same effect once he’s healthy. It is stupid to let him sit six weeks to make everyone else feel better. If he’s cleared and the med staff feels he’s ok then he is ready

the longer he’s out does not mean long term health for Tua. That much has been proven. If he feels healthy and shows no symptoms then he’s ready. Another concussion could come his next game or three years from now and would have the same effect once he’s healthy. It is stupid to let him sit six weeks to make everyone else feel better. If he’s cleared and the med staff feels he’s ok then he is ready
Fair enough. To be clear though, I don't feel this way so I feel better, I feel this way so him and his family feel better (in the long run).

I just believe we don't fully know enough about the brain to just have a guy who had his brain take such a heavy blow (possibly twice in 4 days) put back in a week or two. The brain is such a great mystery. I'd rather err on the side of caution. Again, the medical staff cleared him against the Bills. They were wrong.

And from the fandom side of things, we should be able to beat the stinkin' Jets with Teddy. Dude's getting paid $6+million, show your worth.
Either way, wee should find out more this week about Tua's availability. Looking forward to see him speaking at a weekly press conference

Fair enough. To be clear though, I don't feel this way so I feel better, I feel this way so him and his family feel better (in the long run).

I just believe we don't fully know enough about the brain to just have a guy who had his brain take such a heavy blow (possibly twice in 4 days) put back in a week or two. The brain is such a great mystery. I'd rather err on the side of caution. Again, the medical staff cleared him against the Bills. They were wrong.

And from the fandom side of things, we should be able to beat the stinkin' Jets with Teddy. Dude's getting paid $6+million, show your worth.
Either way, wee should find out more this week about Tua's availability. Looking forward to see him speaking at a weekly press conference
And that’s where I differ from your take
Who said he wasn’t ready after the hit in the Bills game
He was cleared and he lead a TD drive, he was fine
And that doc who got fired, he became the instant scapegoat. He got fired for following the NFL protocol, basically doing his job

And that’s where I differ from your take
Who said he wasn’t ready after the hit in the Bills game
He was cleared and he lead a TD drive, he was fine
And that doc who got fired, he became the instant scapegoat. He got fired for following the NFL protocol, basically doing his job
Who said.. How about him wobbling and unable to walk properly, needing to be held up by his teammates. Him "leading a TD drive" and being "fine" is so silly.
That's not how the brain, concussions, or CTE work.
I get it, your fandom oversees humanity. We won't agree on this.

Who said.. How about him wobbling and unable to walk properly, needing to be held up by his teammates. Him "leading a TD drive" and being "fine" is so silly.
That's not how the brain, concussions, or CTE work.
I get it, your fandom oversees humanity. We won't agree on this.
Dude, you’re completely lost on this. He was diagnosed and was cleared. I have two bulging discs and an inflamed sciatic which also causes muscle spasms so you should see me try to get up out of bed or a chair. I look like an old man until I move around and loosen myself up. I deal with this everyday. So anyone who says it wasn’t because of his back is clueless. I’m not saying it definitely was not a concussion but because of what I deal with I buy the statement about his back

Dude, you’re completely lost on this. He was diagnosed and was cleared. I have two bulging discs and an inflamed sciatic which also causes muscle spasms so you should see me try to get up out of bed or a chair. I look like an old man until I move around and loosen myself up. I deal with this everyday. So anyone who says it wasn’t because of his back is clueless. I’m not saying it definitely was not a concussion but because of what I deal with I buy the statement about his back
You completely contradicted yourself in the same post lol Please just stop. You look silly.

First you say, I'm completely lost. Then you said about Tua being cleared despite it possibly (probably) being a concussion against the Bills, "I'm not saying it definitely was not"...So you don't even know if it was a concussion or not against the Bills.. and all I'm saying is why not just err on the side of caution. If he POSSIBLY had two really bad looking concussions, give the guy time to heal...

...And then you went on a rant about your back that has literally nothing to do with Tua's situation.

If you want to find ways to justify that Tua should be playing, go for it my man. All you. For the 50th time, I choose the side of humanity. The guy's brain needs time to heal, that's literally all I'm saying. For you to argue with me about that is just weird.

Back
Top Bottom