Crouch hopes to keep NFL hopes alive in Europe | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Crouch hopes to keep NFL hopes alive in Europe

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Eric Crouch stays on the field long after practice has ended with the Hamburg Sea Devils. He backpedals over and over, a skill he needs now that he has moved to yet another position.

He asks veteran safeties for advice, hoping to soak up anything that will help him make the transition more quickly. After all, his Heisman Trophy glory days are long behind him. This could be his final shot at an NFL career.

"I have a good feeling about this," said Crouch, preparing for his first season in NFL Europe. "I know in my mind, this is what I want to do. Safety is the final position I'm going to play."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/03/31/bc.fbo.nfleuropepreview.ap/index.html

Hopefully he has really made up his mind about wanting to play...seems like he gave up on chances with Green Bay and St Louis. I know he wanted to be a QB but he is too small for this position in the NFL...hopefully he can make it as a Safety.

I remember when he got drafted and then said he wouldn't play unless he could play QB. Now he probably realizes how good he had it, the chance to make money to play a game.

He's a very good athlete. He could succeed as a FS.

When he was drafted didnt the Rams want to make him a safety so he quit? He should of just stayed with them and learned to play safety

DonShula84 said:
When he was drafted didnt the Rams want to make him a safety so he quit? He should of just stayed with them and learned to play safety

I think that they wanted him to play WR, but he only wanted to play QB. The Rams had good depth at QB so that was his only chance to make the team. He didnt like it so he quit.

Back
Top Bottom