crowded backfield? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

crowded backfield?

nolefin

thank you
Reaction score
I am a little confused with our backfield situation, ok the way i understood it we are going to run alot of 3wr sets and that eliminates the fb for most of the time. and more than likley ricky is comming back and we already have 3 decent backs in gordon, minor and morris so were going to draft ronnie brown at #2???
dont get me wrong brown is good but that many backs on our roster?

rb
1.brown( if we draft him)
2.williams(if he comes back)
3.gordon
4.morris
5.minor

fb
1.evans
2.moa
3.#32 big guy (cant remember his name)

no way we pick a back if ricky comes back

And yes I agree, it seems the backfield could get a little crowded, but I trust Saban - there's a method to his madness, we just have to let it play out.

What makes u think that Ricky is coming back?

Hes lost at least 30lbs of muscle and hes still out in Cali tryn to find himself!

Moa will not be on the final roster, and Martin might not either, although I lke him. I think you will see Evans and Morris at the FB spot with Gordon, Minor and other at the HB spot.

If we pick a RB with our forst rounder it will seem like that we will either trade Ricky or trade Gordon. But that will happen if Ricky does decide to come back.

To many ifs. Moa probably wont make it out to the opening day roster and Evans would be used like Kleinsasser in Minnesota. H-back role, that type of thing. Like Boomer said, if he comes back, I think Saban trades him. Jamar Martin may not be there on the opening day roster because he simply is too one dimensional and Linehan doesnt use a true blocking fullback.

Assuming Ricky comes back, which I think he will, we will go with Edwards or Williams at #2. I personally hope we trade down and gain some picks, but it's not looking too good at this point. Gordon has alot of potential IMO and I'd like to see what he can do if he stays healthy. I could see alot of these guys playing special teams so we don't end up in such a desperate situation like last year...just in case.

Back
Top Bottom