Crowder or Pope | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Crowder or Pope

jtsacksyou

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Crowder has a lot of potential is very technical and can become a great player in the league.
Pope showed last year that he was a good pick up. He played well in Zach's absence.
So to get to my point, if one of our linebackers were to go down (knock on wood) who would you rather step in. Ive heard talk that crowder could play some olb along with mlb this year. And pope has been moved to olb. So what will it be?

I think i would let pope play since he proved last year that he is very competetive in the nfl level. Crowder, so far hasnt proved anything in the nfl. So unless crowder really impresses in camp id say the number 4 LB is Pope.

I would have to say Channing Crowder over Derrick Pope, hands down. Pope may not even make the team, I wouldn't be surprised. I also heard somewhere that there's a chance that Eddie Moore might not even make the team, but I don't see that happening. Crowder has impressed in Mini Camp and I bet I expect him to imrpess in Training Camp as well and if he doesn't make it into the starting lineup, I think he'll be #4 and that he and Eddie Moore will give us great depth. I feel that we'll keep Ayabadejo because he's a Special Teams ACE and that we may very well end up letting Derrick Pope go, even though I do admit he did a good servicable job filling in last season.

Damn Moore was what a 2nd rounder? Id like to think he's going to be more than a 4th LB. yeesh Wanny set us back years.

Either way the future looks bright, we must still see them in action to make a pick........

jtsacksyou said:
Crowder has a lot of potential is very technical and can become a great player in the league.
Pope showed last year that he was a good pick up. He played well in Zach's absence.
So to get to my point, if one of our linebackers were to go down (knock on wood) who would you rather step in. Ive heard talk that crowder could play some olb along with mlb this year. And pope has been moved to olb. So what will it be?

I think i would let pope play since he proved last year that he is very competetive in the nfl level. Crowder, so far hasnt proved anything in the nfl. So unless crowder really impresses in camp id say the number 4 LB is Pope.

Crowder has more potential than Moore or Pope. When healthy, he is a better athlete than either of those guys. Pope play decently in ZTs absense, but remember, that D was set up for the MLB to be the focal point, so he would acquire better stats in a short time than say playing OLB in that scheme. Not really taking away from Pope's performance, but again the D was set up for him to succeed. At any rate, Pope may end up being the odd man out only because Moore was a 2nd round pick. Neither is Saban's preferred type of LB though...

Crowder is a better fit in this years Saban defense. That's why Saban picked him. Pope fit last years Bates defense better. Hope that made sense...

Channing Crowder over Derrick Pope any day of the week.

Pope did OK last year when filling in for zach, but nothing more. He is wildly overrated by many.

Channing will be pushing for a starting spot alongside Zach and Junior. I think Pope is probably the 6th or 7th LB atm.

I think Crowder has a better chance of geting a starting LB job than Pope.Moore might start at some point but I think he will be relegated to the bench at some point unless there are injuries to the starters.

I definitely see Crowder getting the nod above Pope, at least by the middle of the season.

Moore is the forgotten man. I really hope he stays healthy. He did a great job last year. Wanny may have picked the wrong position in the '03 draft, but Moore can play.

Crowder will emerge eventually, and when he does, he may end up being our best LB on the roster. It may not happen in 2005, but he should be starting somewhere in 2006....

As for Pope, I don't think he's overrated, I think he's underrated. He came in as a rookie and held down Zach's position very well. I could hardly notice the difference in overall defense when he started in his place. Let's not forget both of our starting DT's were out as well....

Pope can play. Then there's LB E. Moore. I hope he emerges this off-season. He's had injury problems, and has yet to show his skills. If he can get healthy, and stay there, he could end up becoming a future starter within a year....

Our LB corps is looking better and better with the youth being brought in....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Back
Top Bottom