crowder | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

crowder

papahotel

Five Time Champion
Reaction score
I think if he plays!, channing crowder can have a year like jonathan vilma did this past year, there style seemed to mirror each other coming out of college, i know crowder is a bit bigger than vilma but there instincts seem compareable, both good in coverage and against the run. if he stays healthy he could be a major cornerstone in our defense of the future. just my thoughts!!!

you are right... IMO, Channing had more Pro Bowl potential than anyone in our draft, including Ronnie.

can you imagine if saban built HIS 3 cornerstones on defense already this year in the draft, crowder, roth, and daniels. If these 3 can pick up where zach, jason, and sam left off and play at that level just imagine what our defense will be like in the future with saban's schemes and eye for defensive talent. of course this is all speculation because it'd be hard for any player to play at zach, jason, and sam's level.

papahotel said:
I think if he plays!, channing crowder can have a year like jonathan vilma did this past year, there style seemed to mirror each other coming out of college, i know crowder is a bit bigger than vilma but there instincts seem compareable, both good in coverage and against the run. if he stays healthy he could be a major cornerstone in our defense of the future. just my thoughts!!!

He's not a bit bigger, he's a lot bigger.

Alien said:
can you imagine if saban built HIS 3 cornerstones on defense already this year in the draft, crowder, roth, and daniels. If these 3 can pick up where zach, jason, and sam left off and play at that level just imagine what our defense will be like in the future with saban's schemes and eye for defensive talent. of course this is all speculation because it'd be hard for any player to play at zach, jason, and sam's level.
add will poole to that as well... i dont think bua or pope will be cornerstones of the D, but daniels, poole, roth and crowder look good. I like Eddie Moore as well.

we got some solid young talent on D... they've just gotta stay healthy. Poole is injured atm, and moore and crowder have both struggled a bit in the past.

finsnchips said:
add will poole to that as well... i dont think bua or pope will be cornerstones of the D, but daniels, poole, roth and crowder look good. I like Eddie Moore as well.

we got some solid young talent on D... they've just gotta stay healthy. Poole is injured atm, and moore and crowder have both struggled a bit in the past.

Crowders health problems were in high school though, not in college.

BlueFin said:
i didnt know that i assuemd that he had those injurys in college hearing that makes me feel better

Crowder red-shirted his freshman year at Florida to rehab his knees (injured in high school).

He then played 2 strong seasons at Florida with no problems.

2002: Did not attend school, as he had surgery on both knees after his high school senior season. Crowder first underwent knee surgery as a sophomore as he had an anterior cruciate ligament transplant. After his senior year, Crowder again underwent surgery, this time on both of his knees. Shortly after his 18th birthday, on Dec. 2, 2001, he had additional knee surgery. There was another surgical procedure on the left knee in April 2002, to fix complications from his sophomore operation. He worked diligently to get back in shape, but had to sit out the 2002 season -- not enrolling at Florida to save a year of eligibility.

2003: Underwent arthroscopic right knee surgery on October 1, prior to the Mississippi game, and missed that contest. He returned vs. eventual national champion LSU 10 days after surgery to lead the linebacking unit with seven tackles. 2004: Bothered by a groin strain during spring drills. … Missed most of the Georgia game and the entire Vanderbilt and South Carolina contests after straining a tendon in his right foot (arch) tackling tailback Danny Ware on a 4-yard run early in the first quarter of the Georgia tilt.

He's had 5 invasive surgerys, and 1 arthroscopic. He just seems like a guy who gets hurt alot.

If he can stay healthy and not get arrested he should be good. I don't think he'll get in trouble anymore, but the injuries acould be another story.

BlueFin said:
i was aware of that... but still, he's had three ACLs and a scope in one leg and one ACL in another.

I'm extremely hyped about Channing and was not knocking him because of his injuries. I was only making the point that I hope he stays healthy.

guys...ACL repairs these days are 100% recoverable... THese repairs have actually been proven (if the proper technique is used) to actually improve the strength of the knee... In his case it seems like he got a half *** job done the first time so he had to have it re repaired.. I'm sure the guys got Heckman and Uribe checking up on him... those guys ARE the best in the nation... so I don't think that will be an issue with him... as for the other injurys...it sound like a conditioning issue... and I'm sure at this level he'll get that worked out....

Krie30511 said:
guys...ACL repairs these days are 100% recoverable... THese repairs have actually been proven (if the proper technique is used) to actually improve the strength of the knee... In his case it seems like he got a half *** job done the first time so he had to have it re repaired.. I'm sure the guys got Heckman and Uribe checking up on him... those guys ARE the best in the nation... so I don't think that will be an issue with him... as for the other injurys...it sound like a conditioning issue... and I'm sure at this level he'll get that worked out....

The ACL can be repaired really well, its just when the menicus gets shredded at the time of injury that the problems start.

When he got scoped, they rip the cartilage out, w/o cartilage you get bone-on-bone contact...not good for the knees.

With the amount of surgery he's had, I would be surprised if he played as long a career as someone with healthy knees.

The same can be said for McGahee.

Losman7 said:
The ACL can be repaired really well, its just when the menicus gets shredded at the time of injury that the problems start.

When he got scoped, they rip the cartilage out, w/o cartilage you get bone-on-bone contact...not good for the knees.

With the amount of surgery he's had, I would be surprised if he played as long a career as someone with healthy knees.

The same can be said for McGahee.

Ahhh, so you are saying with respect to McGahee and Crowder you are acknowledging they both might have solid careers just not lengthy careers?

If that's the cae I agree.

McGahee showed last year he could do it. Crowder has all the potential, I wish them both the best. If Healthy Crowder will be a beast for us.

GRYPHONK said:
Ahhh, so you are saying with respect to McGahee and Crowder you are acknowledging they both might have solid careers just not lengthy careers?

If that's the cae I agree.

McGahee showed last year he could do it. Crowder has all the potential, I wish them both the best. If Healthy Crowder will be a beast for us.

there is no doubt that if Crowder were healthy and not a criminal :) he'd have been a higher rated prospect.

Obviously his skill will have to translate to the NFL, but i imagine that he'll be a starter by the end of the season, as I don't see ZT and Seau both making it through the season.

The menicus doesn't nesessarily get shredded when you tear an ACL, and vice versa, every injury is different. I don't know the extent of his. If he just tore the legiment, then as long as the graph took, then he should be fine, and the graph hasn't released yet.

Back
Top Bottom