Croyle in the 2nd? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Croyle in the 2nd?

PATSSUCK

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I like his footwork. I see that he has a decent arm and is pretty accurate. HE had a great season with Alabama. I know the only concern is his frame and his knee. IF you had to compare him to anyone, who would it be? Do you think that he will be there for us in the second round?

Humpty Dumbty, He will probably be there when we pick in the second round.

it depends. If we do get Brees, and what happens with Gus. We might haveto let him go, or re work his contract. So I think it will all depend on that

I like Whitehurst in the third....

or 4th. He'll almost certainly be there, and he has a better arm. That way we can go OL/DB with our 1st and 2nd round picks.

Trust me you don't watch Croyle

He is very injury prone. He had a mediocre career. He doesn't have a NFL body frame. He would be a good pick up maybe in the 5th or 6th round

Wareagle phin said:
He is very injury prone. He had a mediocre career. He doesn't have a NFL body frame. He would be a good pick up maybe in the 5th or 6th round
In the Alabama record books, Croyle is first in career completions (488), attempts (869), yards (6,382) and touchdowns (41). He is also the career leader in career total offense with 1,052 plays and career yards (6,205). He has a .562 career passing percentage, fifth on the all-time list and he owns the school record with 190 consecutive completions without an interception. That's hardly a mediocre career. Is there a chance you have a bit of an Auburn bias? :wink:

I don't know. He put up some very good stats and what not.

But his injuries sort of scares me. But who knows? If we do draft him, I hope he doesn't end up like Chinadoll Pennington, ya know?

He is a bit too small. But he would be interesting to bring in and play behind Brees

If we end up getting Brees, Id like to get rid of ferotte and draft whitehurst in the 4th. It just seems with alittle coaching he could end up to be very good.

Wareagle phin said:

People said the same thing about Tom Brady. It's not like the guy is coming into the league and playing right away. He'll get a nutristionist that will help him add bulk. If his knee checks out, I'd definitely take him over Whitehurst. Whitehurst is a bad decision waiting to happen a la AJ Feeley.

playmaker1 said:
He is a bit too small. But he would be interesting to bring in and play behind Brees

Which brings up the injury issue. But if we get Croyle, which I think is very possible, you would see him just sit for a whole year and bulk up a little and work his legs. Saban wouldnt put him in there right away IMO and would just let him develope into the deal so that he would be able to come in and just take over in the second year at some point. The dude can read defenses and draw up plays. We all know he has an arm and he can do everything that Cutler can do, he just has the injury thing hanging over him. Those are the kind of guys Saban likes.

tmny99 said:
People said the same thing about Tom Brady. It's not like the guy is coming into the league and playing right away. He'll get a nutristionist that will help him add bulk. If his knee checks out, I'd definitely take him over Whitehurst. Whitehurst is a bad decision waiting to happen a la AJ Feeley.

I think that is a bit overdone. The situation at Clemson wasnt the best for QB's. I like Whitehurst. The only thing about him to me is his shoulder surgeory and how it is effecting him recently. But he sure lit it up at the Senior Bowl. This is where steals are born.

Back
Top Bottom