Crystal ball questions. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Crystal ball questions.

HollowBeast

Active Roster
Reaction score
The recent talks of the upcoming POSSIBLE new money TV (Big Money ) contract in the next negations , leaves me to wonder and ask these questions.

Will The NFL be able negotiate much more lucrative deal coming off a year of down viewership?
With the Super Bowl viewership down by reported close to 18% will that hurt the NFL position?
With a reduced cap this year and next will teams purge high dollar vets and load up on minimal salary’s?
Should we expect teams will hold onto draft picks instead of selling out for a top talent, so to keep more players on rookie deals?

For the league and players I do hope for a lucrative deal with the TV Networks, but they are cutthroat businesses and have to make money. So with reduced viewership I just cannot see the big tv money coming in or it will be a shorter deal.
Remember It’s a business also.
I Couldn’t be happier with Miami’s current cap space and nothing of a dead money issue . Thank you Chris Grier.
For those suggesting spend on all high priced free agents , I think a little frugality is in order.

The recent talks of the upcoming POSSIBLE new money TV (Big Money ) contract in the next negations , leaves me to wonder and ask these questions.

Will The NFL be able negotiate much more lucrative deal coming off a year of down viewership?
With the Super Bowl viewership down by reported close to 18% will that hurt the NFL position?
With a reduced cap this year and next will teams purge high dollar vets and load up on minimal salary’s?
Should we expect teams will hold onto draft picks instead of selling out for a top talent, so to keep more players on rookie deals?

For the league and players I do hope for a lucrative deal with the TV Networks, but they are cutthroat businesses and have to make money. So with reduced viewership I just cannot see the big tv money coming in or it will be a shorter deal.
I Couldn’t be happier with Miami’s current cap space and nothing of a dead money issue . Thank you Chris Grier.
For those suggesting spend on all high priced free agents , I think a little frugality is in order.
Good questions.

I think the approach to spending/retaining/jettisoning will vary. As I posted in another thread, if a team were close to a rebuild situation anyway, it a great opportunity to get their cap under control. If a team thinks they are in their "window" they might be more apt to backload contracts with big gaurantees to keep top players. Other teams, like the Dolphins just have to not do anything stupid, and they could be the beneficiary of other's bad situations.

As for the TV deal, hard to say, but the fact that the NFL has their own competing network would seem to give them some leverage. Yes, viewership was down some, but games are still a huge draw for ad revenue market share.

What would Fox and CBS replace that lucrative programming with? There is litterally nothing close, in terms of regular progamming, that can draw such a wide and diverse audience.

How does this impact Sunday Ticket? Isn't it supposed to be moving to Apple?

Def going to have big names hit the market due to cap casualties. High talented player will be available, but given the lack of cap space a lot of these guys are gonna probably take “prove it” deals for a year and hope they can land big contracts next year.

Problem is these guys are going to want to go to contenders which hurts our chances. At the same time those contenders eventually are gonna run out of money too, so that’s where we can come in.

From the middle of the pack teams, I think we have a great chance to sign some really impactful talent.

Definitely going to be a buyers market.

Last year we were fairy active. I think this season we going to be bargain hunting more than ever. We will probably find 2 or 3 players reasonably priced in this market. I'd like to find a quality o-line piece in FA but the money might be prohibitive. I'd love to snag one of the NE linemen like Joe Thuney, Guard. He 28, 6'5" and 310 lbs and would really upgrade things right away on the o-line. Alan Robinson and JuJu Smith-Shuster are two receivers that could help us right away and take some pressure off the draft where every mock has us going receiver at #3 barring a trade down, Golladay and Godwin are a couple of other options. On defense, Leonard Williams is always intriguing and Von Miller is also out there but missed last season with an ankle injury.

No more screw ups like Matt Brieda and Howard. They whiffed badly here and compounded the mistake by not drafting one of the RBs they could of drafted. It's lucky for Miami that Gaskin really stepped it up and played well. Going forward an elite RB is needed on this team. Najee Harris would be reunited with Tua and they'd make magic together. Draft Alabama players, early and often!

Def going to have big names hit the market due to cap casualties. High talented player will be available, but given the lack of cap space a lot of these guys are gonna probably take “prove it” deals for a year and hope they can land big contracts next year.

Problem is these guys are going to want to go to contenders which hurts our chances. At the same time those contenders eventually are gonna run out of money too, so that’s where we can come in.

From the middle of the pack teams, I think we have a great chance to sign some really impactful talent.

Definitely going to be a buyers market.

If you look at 'contending' teams that need 1-2 specific positions AND have the cap space AND will offer long-tern deals, there aren't many. Not as many as there will be top FAs. I think you're right . . . after the 1st few days of FA, reality will set in

Apple is just one of the many rumored companies trying to get in on the action. I just hope they let anyone get the streaming version, which is very likely.
Oh, they'll let anyone in on it. Probably in a PPV format though.

I broke out the Magic 8 ball instead of the crystal ball and the answer I received was “cannot predict now.”
Thats weird. Mine said "ask again later"

Going to break out the Ouija board....... I'll get to the bottom of this.......stay tuned......

It needs to be reasonable ...pro sports in general has lost varying degrees of support by injecting political stances into sports, which is supposed to be entertainment.

I have always advocated for single game streaming as a purchase option that should be available.
Not even single games but single teams would be nice too

I’ve loopholed direct tv for years to be able to get their Sunday Ticket streaming service, and am not a dtv customer otherwise, it’s pretty costly- $400 for the season.

how much does the ticket cost, included if you have direct tv?

anyways, what would be a “fair” cost to charge if someone only wants phins games? I could see it being pretty expensive so they just get you to get the whole package instead

Keep the political stuff out of this discussion please

Not allowed on this site period

Back
Top Bottom