Csonk-related | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Csonk-related

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Since the Dolphins are going to "Retire Csonka’s No. 39 Jersey, Honor ’72 Perfect Team At Halftime Of Bears Game":

Most Dolphans know that Csonka and Mercury Morris rushed for 1,000 yards in '72, as they became the first tandem from the same team to amass 1,000 yards rushing in the same season. Who was the only other NFL RB tandem to also have accomplish this feat ? And when ?

Originally posted by dolphan39
Since the Dolphins are going to "Retire Csonka’s No. 39 Jersey, Honor ’72 Perfect Team At Halftime Of Bears Game":

Most Dolphans know that Csonka and Mercury Morris rushed for 1,000 yards in '72, as they became the first tandem from the same team to amass 1,000 yards rushing in the same season. Who was the only other NFL RB tandem to also have accomplish this feat ? And when ?
just off the top of my head, i would have to say franco harris and rocky blier. have no idea what year tho. maybe 1988?

Re: Re: Csonk-related

Originally posted by dolfan06
just off the top of my head, i would have to say franco harris and rocky blier. have no idea what year tho. maybe 1988?
I do not think they had 1000 yards in the same season.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Csonk-related

Originally posted by relive1972
Yeah, they did, only the year was 1976. Bleier with 1036, Harris with 1128.

http://nflarchives.com/seasons/steelers/1976.htm
ok - the article I got this from talked about another tandem - maybe they were the last to do this :confused:

he was what I quoted:

This included a career-high 1,117 yards in the Perfect Season of 1972, when Mercury Morris rushed for 1,000 yards, as they became the first tandem from the same team to amass 1,000 yards rushing in the same season, one of only two to have accomplished the feat in NFL history (_ _and __, _ in _). And the blanks were not Rocky and Franco
:rolleyes:

Hmmmm...was it from the '98 season?
no - somewhere between '76 and '98 ;)

Kevin Mack(1104) and Ernest Byner(1002) of the '85 Browns
correct, according to http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=2424
This included a career-high 1,117 yards in the Perfect Season of 1972, when Mercury Morris rushed for 1,000 yards, as they became the first tandem from the same team to amass 1,000 yards rushing in the same season, one of only two to have accomplished the feat in NFL history (Earnest Byner and Kevin Mack, Cleveland in 1985).

Back
Top Bottom