Culpepper comeback continues | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Culpepper comeback continues

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Daunte Culpepper was more than ready for the next logical step on his comeback trail.

The Miami quarterback took the first real hit since undergoing knee surgery, then absorbed a second and a third while helping the Dolphins to a 13-10 preseason victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Saturday night.
"It was beautiful to finally get a hit because everybody was kind of waiting to see what would happen, what would be my reaction," Culpepper said. "I think I handled it pretty well."

The eighth-year pro played into the second quarter, completing 7 of 9 passes for 86 yards and leading a nine-minute touchdown drive after producing little offense on his team's first three possessions.

Culpepper played one series in Miami's preseason opener against Jacksonville, completing one pass for 2 yards. This appearance lasted 23 plays, 14 of them on the 70-yard march that Sammy Morris finished with a 2-yard TD run.

Equally encouraging for the Dolphins (1-1) was the way Culpepper got through the first true contact work he's had since tearing three ligaments in his right knee while playing for the Minnesota Vikings last season.

"I wasn't even worried about it. I'm worried about the next play and what we've got to do to be successful," Culpepper said.

"I told myself that I was going to push myself as hard as I possibly could before training camp even started so at the time when I do start taking some hits I'd be ready for them physically."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/specials/preview/2006/08/19/bucs.dolphins.ap/index.html

Back
Top Bottom