Culpepper had issues beyond his knee injury | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Culpepper had issues beyond his knee injury

Fact about C'pep everyone ignores.

Carson Palmer had the SAME injury, and about 8 weeks after C'Peps. Yet, Palmer returned on time and had no issues.

C'Peps problem wasn't his knee. Sure, his knee wasn't 100%, his problem though was not knowing what to do with the ball. Holding onto the ball too long. And looking like his skills have declined. I would love to see a breakdown of his numbers with Randy Moss and without Randy Moss. Because in my eyes as of today, until C'Pep shows otherwise, I think Moss made this guy look a lot better than he ever was.

Old argument.....Lets see.......what has Moss done without Culpepper?
I do agree Cpep is something to worry about. The time we spend on him may be better placed elsewhere.

I cant prove that he did or didnt study film, only he and his team mates can. My problem is that no one ever said "I dont think Joey is studying hard enough because of all the bad desicions he's making" i wonder why... I think people make assumptions based on absolutely nothing, i saw someone post something like this the other day, Daunte= strong arm, cant read defenses, Joey= quick decisions, can read a defense good. Cleo= mobile, cant read defense good .... wtf???? what is that based on?? ask yourself... All im saying is that we will see how he does...

Sometimes I don´t know what to think about CP, becuse there been information not just in Miami but also in Minesota the he wasn´t the hardest worker...

The only indication to ever come out about Culpepper not being a hard worker originates from Brad Childress. And as we've seen from his tenure so far in Minnesota, the man is an absolute genius when it comes to identifying quality QBs. :rolleyes:

Actually, there is another instance of Culpepper being alleged to not be a dedicated worker. It came from Steve Young during the Jets-Dolphins MNF game. And what happened? He had to correct himself. Why? Because Daunte Culpepper himself tracked Steve Young down during halftime and forced him to issue a correction through Joe Theismann.

There's a term popular among tech publications and sites for a campaign of misinformation: Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt. FUD. That's exactly what this "Culpepper isn't dedicated" crap is: FUD.

in till CPEP starts to dp good and start studying film a little bit more i think cleo lemon should be our starter he deserves to get a chance he did good in the games he started for us thos year we only lost to the colts by 5 point and that is mostly because of our defense but it was still a really good game by a inexperienced quarterback i think he could be a good quarterback maybe even probowl caliber someday if he keeps up his work ethic and cam can work with him

But I suppose bashing Culpepper is the only interesting thing the board can do now that we have a new coach.

You are transparent brotha, bias as a crystal glass is crystal clear. Reading each post from the thread to yours, I could not find one person bashing Daunte Culpepper. Perhaps you are mistaking honesty for personal attacks which would be excusable, but I get the feeling you're still in love with a QB who's done nothing for your team simply because he bears a marquee name. Anyone who watched Daunte Culpepper play this year, with any sense of football, watched a QB that in the rare occurrence of having the time to throw the ball, had trouble making a decision. Now, is that bashing?
:tsk:

Carson Palmer had the SAME injury, and about 8 weeks after C'Peps. Yet, Palmer returned on time and had no issues.

C'Peps problem wasn't his knee. Sure, his knee wasn't 100%, his problem though was not knowing what to do with the ball. Holding onto the ball too long. And looking like his skills have declined. I would love to see a breakdown of his numbers with Randy Moss and without Randy Moss. Because in my eyes as of today, until C'Pep shows otherwise, I think Moss made this guy look a lot better than he ever was.

same injury? i think NOT. ACL PCL and MCL is different form jsut ACL.

Actually, Palmer had alot of the same issues. He took 15 sacks in his first 4 games (only 21 the rest of the season). The announcers in at least one of the games I saw discussed the issues he was having with his knee. Opposing players started to go for his legs b/c he was clearly uneasy (not stepping into his throws, etc.).

And DC had his best year (2004) the year Moss missed most of the year with injuries. Moss wasn't even the team's leading receiver in 2004.

You are transparent brotha, bias as a crystal glass is crystal clear. Reading each post from the thread to yours, I could not find one person bashing Daunte Culpepper. Perhaps you are mistaking honesty for personal attacks which would be excusable, but I get the feeling you're still in love with a QB who's done nothing for your team simply because he bears a marquee name. Anyone who watched Daunte Culpepper play this year, with any sense of football, watched a QB that in the rare occurrence of having the time to throw the ball, had trouble making a decision. Now, is that bashing?
:tsk:

good post, defintly fair. Although pep did win 1 game this season... thats something right?:lol:

Reading each post from the thread to yours, I could not find one person bashing Daunte Culpepper. Perhaps you are mistaking honesty for personal attacks which would be excusable, but I get the feeling you're still in love with a QB who's done nothing for your team simply because he bears a marquee name. Anyone who watched Daunte Culpepper play this year, with any sense of football, watched a QB that in the rare occurrence of having the time to throw the ball, had trouble making a decision. Now, is that bashing?

Except Culpepper did not have trouble making decisions. When given the time by his offensive line, he did what the play demanded he do. Charges of "he held on to the ball too long" are baseless, because the plays in which he was holding on to the ball were deep throws--he had to wait for the receivers' routes to develop. That takes more than 2 seconds. Alternatively, when short passing plays were called, as opposed to deep passes, Culpepper was bashed for having a tendency to "dink and dunk."

Combined with literally months of anti-Culpepper sentiment on the forums, yes, there is bashing going on. The only difference is that the complaints have evolved from "Culpepper sucks at football" to "Culpepper is an idiot." Well, I suppose devolved is a better word. I don't care in what manner the insult is delivered, but charging that someone is an idiot is indeed bashing.

I remember reading an interview with sean payton, they asked why he took brees instead of c-pep. he said "because he new that Brees was rehabing the correct way to get himself back into shape"
Pep has always been thought of as a little lazy. Brad childress knew that Pep wasn't rehabing correctly in his home town of orlando, on his own, with no help. i from a town just a few miles from where pep went to high school and i know several people that went to school with him. They ALL decribe him with one word D-U-M-B!!! He had tutors all thru high school just to get him high enough s.a.t scores that he could go to college and play ball. That is a fact!!!

Some of you all are in denial, It has become the general consensus of everyone except for some folks on this board that the Dolphins need to cut Culpepper. I mean if you look around there are dozens of articles in the press speculating on Daunte being cut and splitting the cap hit over the next 2 seasons. When fans from other teams come to this board they all say they think we need to cut Culpepper and start over. On 790 the ticket every day they all harp on needing to get rid of Daunte. On TV the majority of the analysts are all saying Daunte was a mistake and that's why Saban left.

They are all saying we need to draft a quarterback.

If you take your heads out of the sand for a bit, you will start to realise just how slim the chances are that Culpepper will be the starter next year.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but if you pay attention to what everyone around us is saying it starts to become apparent that Daunte being cut is a lot more likely than him being the starter next year.

What will happen? Who really knows, but in all honesty it's starting to seem like it's almost going to take a miracle for the guy to be our starting QB next year.

[/size][/font][/size][/font]

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-hyde21jan21,0,876011.column?coll=sfla-sports-front

I found this very interesting and it gives me a whole different perspective on Culpepper. I thought he was working his *** off all off-season to be in the best possible playing condition, but it seems Lemon is the hard worker. It's also interesting that Cam Cam sees Lemon as a legitimate starter possibility. Any thoughts?

This is purely ridiculous...they already corrected that "incorrect" news about Culpepper missing practice. It was wrongly reported and they talked about it during the Jets game.

Stop being a part of the "culpepper hate cult" that is out there

Some of you all are in denial, It has become the general consensus of everyone except for some folks on this board that the Dolphins need to cut Culpepper. I mean if you look around there are dozens of articles in the press speculating on Daunte being cut and splitting the cap hit over the next 2 seasons. When fans from other teams come to this board they all say they think we need to cut Culpepper and start over. On 790 the ticket every day they all harp on needing to get rid of Daunte. On TV the majority of the analysts are all saying Daunte was a mistake and that's why Saban left.

They are all saying we need to draft a quarterback.

If you take your heads out of the sand for a bit, you will start to realise just how slim the chances are that Culpepper will be the starter next year.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but if you pay attention to what everyone around us is saying it starts to become apparent that Daunte being cut is a lot more likely than him being the starter next year.

What will happen? Who really knows, but in all honesty it's starting to seem like it's almost going to take a miracle for the guy to be our starting QB next year.

You are delusional kid...:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom