Culpepper had issues beyond his knee injury | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Culpepper had issues beyond his knee injury

if cameron is a coach who specializes in qbs, then you keep cpep and hope he can get cpep back to his old form

Some of you all are in denial, It has become the general consensus of everyone except for some folks on this board that the Dolphins need to cut Culpepper. I mean if you look around there are dozens of articles in the press speculating on Daunte being cut and splitting the cap hit over the next 2 seasons. When fans from other teams come to this board they all say they think we need to cut Culpepper and start over. On 790 the ticket every day they all harp on needing to get rid of Daunte. On TV the majority of the analysts are all saying Daunte was a mistake and that's why Saban left.

They are all saying we need to draft a quarterback.

If you take your heads out of the sand for a bit, you will start to realise just how slim the chances are that Culpepper will be the starter next year.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but if you pay attention to what everyone around us is saying it starts to become apparent that Daunte being cut is a lot more likely than him being the starter next year.

What will happen? Who really knows, but in all honesty it's starting to seem like it's almost going to take a miracle for the guy to be our starting QB next year.

Are you out of your god damn skull? people are stupid, people dont want to give him a chance, people dont want to realize the circumstances he was in, you yourself have read this thread and have decided to deny any and all logic, please go back and read the thread in its entirety if you havnt yet. Just because Joe Blow on 790 said culpepper needs to be cut blah blah blah, dosnt make it true. YOU pull YOUR head out of the god damn sand, if Quinn and Jamarcus arnt avalible (as they likely wont be), but even if they are, there not proven commodities. Would you rather play joey harrington all season to save 2.2 in cap space? i sure as hell wouldent. People like to think we 'poof' HOF QB's out of thin air. Culpepper WILL be our starting QB next year, PERIOD. Some of the ignorance on this board astonishes me sometimes, cant wait till i get my vip.

Are you out of your god damn skull? people are stupid, people dont want to give him a chance, people dont want to realize the circumstances he was in, you yourself have read this thread and have decided to deny any and all logic, please go back and read the thread in its entirety if you havnt yet. Just because Joe Blow on 790 said culpepper needs to be cut blah blah blah, dosnt make it true. YOU pull YOUR head out of the god damn sand, if Quinn and Jamarcus arnt avalible (as they likely wont be), but even if they are, there not proven commodities. Would you rather play joey harrington all season to save 2.2 in cap space? i sure as hell wouldent. People like to think we 'poof' HOF QB's out of thin air. Culpepper WILL be our starting QB next year, PERIOD. Some of the ignorance on this board astonishes me sometimes, cant wait till i get my vip.

God Damn kid, I like you.

Damn...why must every Daunte thread turn into a slew of attacks?

There are definitely reasonable questions about Culpepper; you simply don't blindly put your faith in a guy who has played downright awful football the last couple of years. To get all puffy about some people pointing out the obvious is ridiculous. There are legitimate questions as to whether he can read defenses and get rid of the ball quickly enough to run a successful offense.

Except Culpepper did not have trouble making decisions. When given the time by his offensive line, he did what the play demanded he do. Charges of "he held on to the ball too long" are baseless, because the plays in which he was holding on to the ball were deep throws--he had to wait for the receivers' routes to develop. That takes more than 2 seconds. Alternatively, when short passing plays were called, as opposed to deep passes, Culpepper was bashed for having a tendency to "dink and dunk."

If you say so my man. IMO, I think you are blind and believing only what you want to believe. But that's cool, people make mistakes. Ask those who were on an :roman529: basis with he who's name I will not utter. In all fairness, I hope I'm the one making the mistake because I want a franchise QB so bad I pray for one at night along with good health for my family and I don't care if his name is Daunte Culpepper, Joey Harrington, or Hannibal Lecter as long as come this time next year we are the fans anxiously awaiting a conference championship.

:mindwarp:"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some farva beans and a nice Chianti."

Couldn't have said it better myself

Damn...why must every Daunte thread turn into a slew of attacks?

There are definitely reasonable questions about Culpepper; you simply don't blindly put your faith in a guy who has played downright awful football the last couple of years. To get all puffy about some people pointing out the obvious is ridiculous. There are legitimate questions as to whether he can read defenses and get rid of the ball quickly enough to run a successful offense.

People have put thier faith in this franchise on Daunte's shoulders. What is obvious to those disconnected from the team is a slap in the face to those unwilling to admit Saban might have made a mistake in bringing Culpepper here. I understand the hatred that comes with this realization for some folks, it's human nature to deny there is a problem and try to eliminate whatever thought processes confirm that problem. In most folks minds Culpepper being cut or traded means a losing season next year, failure, and people don't like to accept failure.

I don't think you could find anyone who watched C-Pep this year that would say his struggles were merely physical. Hopefully he has been hitting the film and rehabbing. Keep in mind he knows this may be his last shot.

Are you kidding? It seems most Culpepper lovers are in denial about his limited mental abilities and have done nothing but make excuses for his poor play...it is the OL, Mularkey, he was rushed back to soon from his injury...blah, blah, blah...blah, blah, blah.

The amazing thing is how many fans are in love with him when he has been nothing short of a "DISASTER" for this franchise. This whole season was built around Culpepper being our savior. And "ALL" he has done as a Miami Dolphin was lead this team to a 1-3 record against the weakest part of the schedule and display the worst quarterbacking this franchise has "EVER" seen. Now we have to take a huge salary cap hit whether we carry this "LOSING" QB or cut him.

Incredible how many people act like Culpepper has actually done something positive for this franchise. And "PATHETIC" how many people put Daunte before the Dolphins.

People have put thier faith in this franchise on Daunte's shoulders. What is obvious to those disconnected from the team is a slap in the face to those unwilling to admit Saban might have made a mistake in bringing Culpepper here. I understand the hatred that comes with this realization for some folks, it's human nature to deny there is a problem and try to eliminate whatever thought processes confirm that problem. In most folks minds Culpepper being cut or traded means a losing season next year, failure, and people don't like to accept failure.

wtf???? Of course its more than likely that saban more than likely made a mistake, but you have to work with what you have, theres no sense in giving up, we should just lie down and lose untill a franchise QB falls into our lap similar to what Detroit is trying out. Why would we accept failure? What reasoning is there behind that? I had to read your post a couple times to make sure i read it right. C'mon man you cant be serious with this stuff.

First of all, you need to step off your high horse. I know you're only 16, but if you are going to interact on an adult board you need to act like one - when people disagree with you they aren't "stupid" and "are not out of their damn skull." You need to learn how to debate on an adult level instead of acting like a spoiled brat.

Secondly, judging by the fact that you have Daunte's photo plastered all over every inch of available space on your sig/avatar, I think it's safe to assume you are biased on the issue. In case you missed it, Daunte has been nowhere near a pro-bowl quarterback the last couple of years. In fact, he has been terrible by all accounts.

Now you can make excuses for him, but the fact is it's hard to rely on a guy who has played poorly the last two seasons and is coming off a major injury. The hints of attitude/work ethic problems further diminishes your case.

Now, by all accounts argue whether or not it's a bad/good idea to cut him/have an open competition, but don't act like we are dealing with a pro-bowl quarterback that is undoubtedly the answer. There are legitimate arguments as to why cutting DC would not be a good decision, but the fact that he is amazing and unquestionably great is not one of them...so don't act as if everyone else is blind to his ability when it's clear that you're the one that's blinded by your bias.

Incredible how many people act like Culpepper has actually done something positive for this franchise. And "PATHETIC" how many people put Daunte before the Dolphins.

This is what bothers me about this entire ordeal. What has Daunte Culpepper done for the Miami Dolphins that would make a fan verbally attack another fan? WHAT? NO, SHUT UP AND ANSWER THE QUESTION!!! You can't. Know why? The answer is nothing. <-- And there is no if, ands, or buts about that.

Will he do something? Can he do something? I certainly hope so.

I don't think you could find anyone who watched C-Pep this year that would say his struggles were merely physical. Hopefully he has been hitting the film and rehabbing. Keep in mind he knows this may be his last shot.

THe chances of him re-habbing to 100% aren't great in my opinion (and if Nick Saban thought he had a bonafide QB for next year he would NOT have left, so that tells me he doesn;t think CPep will be able to recover propely and he knew he was in for another crappy year).

The problem is, if CPep's knee never makes him the player he used to be again, then CPep must be able to play as a pocket passer and make great reads and decisions quickly....

Which he sucks at (Go back and even look at the Pre-Draft analysis for his draft year and it's like reading an analysis of the crap he STILL can;t do now. this tiger is NOT changing it's stripes).

Sadly, what Daunte needs is to have a mental skill he simply does not have and has failed to develop. The Dolphins coaching staff left him in too long last season NOT because they didn;t realise his knee wasn;t coming back fully, but because they GAVE DAUNTE A CHANCE TO SHOW HE COULD ADAPT MENTALLY AND PLAY A DIFFERENT STYLE OF GAME. That experiment lasted two or three games and failed.

So since Daunte cannot seem to learn to THINK differently as a QB, he simply needs a whole new brain. That sounds likely. It's not like you can RE-HAB a brain that isn;t injured.

So, between a slight chance of his knee rehabbing fully or his brain suddenly discovering new unlocked potential, we are stuck with the slim chance of that knee coming back for him to be great.

That's our chance of him being great now.... slim, and I feel badly for him, and for us.

Let's draft a QB in round two or three, let Daunte and Cleo comete for the starting job, and groom the drafted rook for the future.

wtf???? Of course its more than likely that saban more than likely made a mistake, but you have to work with what you have, theres no sense in giving up, we should just lie down and lose untill a franchise QB falls into our lap similar to what Detroit is trying out. Why would we accept failure? What reasoning is there behind that? I had to read your post a couple times to make sure i read it right. C'mon man you cant be serious with this stuff.

And if it's more than likely Saban made a mistake then we should prepare ourselves for the consequences of that mistake because the sooner we get over the consequences the sooner we move forward towards our goal of once again being a winning franchise. There is a slim chance Culpepper regains form and once again becomes a pro bowl caliber QB but there is an even bigger chance that he doesn't. Until we can accept that, we will continue to cling to the hope that he is the savior of this franchise. After we accept that, we can properly evaluate the situation and realise that he just might not be the savior and it might take some time to fix this franchise. If that is the case, the sooner we recognize it, the sooner we will get back on track toward our goal of becoming a winning franchise.

First of all, you need to step off your high horse. I know you're only 16, but if you are going to interact on an adult board you need to act like one - when people disagree with you they aren't "stupid" and "are not out of their damn skull." You need to learn how to debate on an adult level instead of acting like a spoiled brat.

Secondly, judging by the fact that you have Daunte's photo plastered all over every inch of available space on your sig/avatar, I think it's safe to assume you are biased on the issue. In case you missed it, Daunte has been nowhere near a pro-bowl quarterback the last couple of years. In fact, he has been terrible by all accounts.

Now you can make excuses for him, but the fact is it's hard to rely on a guy who has played poorly the last two seasons and is coming off a major injury. The hints of attitude/work ethic problems further diminishes your case.

Now, by all accounts argue whether or not it's a bad/good idea to cut him/have an open competition, but don't act like we are dealing with a pro-bowl quarterback that is undoubtedly the answer. There are legitimate arguments as to why cutting DC would not be a good decision, but the fact that he is amazing and unquestionably great is not one of them...so don't act as if everyone else is blind to his ability when it's clear that you're the one that's blinded by your bias.

Your right, i got a little out of line, im normally actually very polite, But that post was flat out ridiculous. Now, im not biased, just a supporter, i see his flaws and i am aware of them. Ive read quite a few of your posts, enogh to know that your a polite senseible (sp?) person, but i never called him stupid, i called people stupid, people who dont know football. Now i may be 16 but ive seen some pretty imature and ruder responses by people well into there 40's. Your right though, that was a unthoughtfull response, my apologies bluehaze.

Back
Top Bottom