Culpepper...will he return to form? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Culpepper...will he return to form?

volk

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
OK, I know the board is deeply divided on the Joey/Culpepper issue, but what I am far more interested in knowing, is how many of you feel that Culpepper will regain his pro bowl form and actually be the man of the future in Miami?

I know, it is only speculation and guessing about his health, etc., but how many of you really feel Daunte will get to 100% and completely revive his career, and how many of you believe that our real QB of the future isn't on the team yet?

No one really knows the answer to this question. Not Saban, not the doctors, not even Pep, and least of all the fans, us.

This is going to be the major dominating question for Miami for a long long time, and I am not willing to risk the 07 season on assuming he will be 100%, thus my sig.

Dtronic said:
No one really knows the answer to this question. Not Saban, not the doctors, not even Pep, and least of all the fans, us.

Obviously. Still, as fans, we have the luxury of discussing hunches and gut feelings. It is typically what drives the majority of conversation on this board, after all, and I think it is far more relevant than the Daunte/Joey thing I see week after week.

Adam First said:
He better, otherwise I think Saban will lose his job

exactly, we spent too much on culpepper for him just to suck and stay on the bench...we need a stable qb in our offense and right now he looks to be our best bet when hes healthy

I think once we upgrade the OL, and get Ricky back, our offense will improve dramatically no matter who the QB is. I hope Culpepper can make a full recovery, but even if he doesn't those two factors will be key in improving the current sitaution on offense....

PHINZ RULE!!!!!

Culpepper...will he return to form?

you mean the the one where he just stepped back and launched it
to randy moss and cris carter? no.

or the one where he played 4 games, threw 1td, had many int's
and collected 21 sacks and was on his back every other play?

yes! he will return to that form. hopefully somewhere else!!

KUECH FOR GM!!

I think they said on the radio that Joey had only been sacked 7 times, compared to the 21 for DC....and four of Joey's sacks were in the Green Bay game where he had 60 passing attempts. I just don't know whether DC is ever going to be what he was....his decision making seemed to be very slow, and not just his moving slow. I think for now our best bet is Joey.

I really dont think so. Historically, hes at the age where running QBs start to slow down and break down. The fact that he got a major injury (freak one or not) just compounds this.
Then there is the fact that he really hasnt shown anybody anything the last 2 years. Even in Minny he was horrible. We are talking bottom the barrel bad. Once all those great players in that offensive system started leaving things just fell apart, so its arguable that he was just a product of the system there.
Also, his decision making and ability to read a defense (the mental game) are terrible. He holds onto the ball far to long, which is fine if he was 25 and running over LBs, but not fine when your getting into the 30s and recovering from a major injury. Also, he has ALWAYS had a knack for the TOs, fumbles as well as INTs. And I mean, just watchting the first few games of this year, he was terrible, injury taken into account.

OFC we cannot know for sure either way. He may come back and be a 5 time probowler. He may come back and be so bad hes cut in TC. Who knows. But the evidence is stacked against him. And as for paying alot? We payed a second rounder last year. If it doesnt pan out, it hurts, but its not devastating. We dont have a ton invested in this guy that prevents us from cutting/replacing him.

I am of the opinion that he is DONE and finished. Would much rather draft our own QB than pick up other teams trash. If the Vikes thought he was ANY good anymore, why would they give him up for just a second rounder when all they had behind him was Brad freakin Johnson??

volk said:
OK, I know the board is deeply divided on the Joey/Culpepper issue, but what I am far more interested in knowing, is how many of you feel that Culpepper will regain his pro bowl form and actually be the man of the future in Miami?

I know, it is only speculation and guessing about his health, etc., but how many of you really feel Daunte will get to 100% and completely revive his career, and how many of you believe that our real QB of the future isn't on the team yet?

Did Daunte come in here and be a 1st string QB? I feel the answer is no. Did Joey come in here and be a 2nd string QB? I feel the answer is yes. If you look at it from this perspective, and then ask yourself if we should persue a franchise QB in the next draft? I believe the answer is yes, if the right guy is available. I don't get a warm fuzzy from free agency to fill the QB position anymore (I'm a bit gun shy after the fact). It will be interesting to see what Saban does with Culpepper. If he sticks with him, then Culpepper's success or failure will determine Saban's success or failure in Miami. Their fate's become entwined so-to-speak. If Joey likes being a backup, I would keep him.

Daunte isn't the answer and I am all for Miami signing Leftwich or drafting a quarterback because Joey isn't the answer either.

God no, not leftwich. The guy cant stay healthy and has never lived up to the hype. And im tired of taking other teams castoffs. If they arent wanted by that team, why would we want him??

Let's pray he returns the form . . . or this team might not be playoff bound for a while. We need some luck.

Say NO to Culpepper!

A great Athlete, NOT a great QB!!!! Again give me a QB who is smart and is a pocket passer and you will be successful!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
I think once we upgrade the OL, and get Ricky back, our offense will improve dramatically no matter who the QB is. I hope Culpepper can make a full recovery, but even if he doesn't those two factors will be key in improving the current sitaution on offense....

PHINZ RULE!!!!!

:yeahthat: no matter who's back there, without a better OL, we won't threaten anyone with the passing game

Back
Top Bottom