Curious about overall team & fan moral | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Curious about overall team & fan moral

gotahemy

Seasoned Vet
Reaction score
I am personally curious as a fan especially with the draft fast approaching and everyone preparing their mock drafts is what would be your view of the team and Nick Saban if he didnt draft the player that you wanted or thought that he should have gotten?

I ask because i hear a lot of people on hear state that they would be upset or pissed or whatever if we drafted so & so because of whatever your reasons were. But jmo i thought it was a general consensus amongst the majority of Dolphin fans that we all were:

a) happy to see wanny gone
b) happy to see fieldler gone
c) elated to have Nick (and the miriads of changes he's brought)

I could go on with all the alphabets, but anyway because of those primary 3 reasons and all else good that has happened, am i reading to deep into comments or would some of you then doubt saban and what he has done so far and be critical of the team? Or is it just figure of speech talk when someone says they would be pissed or upset?

Sorry if its been posted!

So far I think that Gus, Carter and Tebucky Jones will have an impact as starters from the free agents signed and possibly Spragen. I think with the cap situation that the organization did better in free agency than I thought. The biggest gains IMO were to the coaching staff, I'm not gonna say Saban is gonna be great because I don't know how he'll do in the pro's, but getting proven coaches like Hudson Houck and Scott Linehan atleast give me assuarance that the offense will be improved. I want to see a Qb taken 2nd overall but if a RB is taken I won't be angry. Saban knows more about football than me so I won't judge the picks he makes. Jones lead the New Orleans in tackles last season I believe, and from what's been stated about Saban he does not play the 2 deep defense that Bates used to run so I think he's going to have the most impact of any player signed. Kevin Carter should help the defense will improve, probably not the first 6 games but after the adjustment period is over I think it's going to be very good. I'm not gonna say the Phins are gonna make the playoffs because the AFC is loaded, it's just my opinion but without counting injuries I think the Steelers who went 15-1 last year won't make the playoffs, and that the Afc East is very strong but is not as strong as any of the other divisions in the AFC.

I'm happy with what he has done. I didn't expect us to be so active in FA and I expected that we would have cut more veterans. I was a fan of the Dolphins forever but I really I turned fanatic arround the time Zack JT PS SM were drafted. I'm roughly the same age as those guys I'm 28. I paid so close attention their carreers I feel like I've grown up with them and Iwas so happy when Nick didn't just cut all the core guys. I will be ecstatic if those guys can get a ring before they retire or get booted off the team.

I appreciate your replies guys, and i agree that i don't think that we are ready to call saban a savior yet but you have to be excited with the way he has prepared for this job and what he has done so far. And this may sound crazy but after the aforementioned people and dead weight (players, coaches, front office) i didn't care if they hired a fin heaven fan to be the new coach, as long as they had new ideas and a vision. And do you all know that since the debacle of last season 4-12 and more directly when we as fans wanted to fire wanny i felt the love and passion from all of you here. And i knew since that particular week big things were going to happen for us. I mean we are not ready to declare for the superbowl or anything but tell me you all are not as excited as i am to see a era, a new season, a new team in the upcoming years and just how far we can and or will go.

I'm very happy with the moves made by the Dolphins so far....happy to see Saban replace Wanny....moving Fiedler......making some nice acquistions at FA. I'm looking forward to the draft. It would be hard for anyone to be 100% happy with every move a head coach makes but I trust that Saban will make the right moves on draft day and hopefully the fans here will support whoever we draft whether he is a "favorite" or not. :)

I think fan moral may be a little higher then people think. I thought moving my season tickets up would be really easy, because people would be cancling them with the dolphins season last year. It turned out it was harder to move up this year then last year. I got there really early and only got to move up to row 15 in the economy section. I was 18 last year and came right when the gates opened.

i love what he did with the coaching staff, i think that was our number 1 problem last year coaching, especially on the offensive side of the ball, give us the same team and same situation last year with this coaching staff and i bet we win way more than 4 games.... just that change alone has me excited, add in a high draft pick and im very excited and confident...

I agree, the coaching staff assembled has been pretty unbelievable. I am pleased!

I wasn't a big Saban supporter back at the end of the 04 season, but he has impressed me. The only thing i have left to be "sold", is his skills evaluation of the draftees. no, I wont be pissed if he take a guy such as Benson over Caddy, or Braylon over Alex Barron. But, I would be upset if he took a guy like Marcus Spears with the second pick, because then he is selecting a guy he "knows" over a guy with the skills that pay the bills.

Plainly put, if he does a butch davis in Miami, I then would be upset. But, i do NOT think he will do that, and I love his chess match he has been playing with the #2 pick. Just for that reason alone, I do NOT believe he will do a Butch Davis draft job.

I have my favorites, like many, I just hope he agrees with me. ROFLMAO. But, if not, I just hope he gets the fellas that he can play his style of play with, at the right time. No need picking, and I am pleased.

Whatever happens this year I am in heaven...Finheaven that is. Glad to finally see some changes for the good of the team. I was never a JJ fan and was a little upset when he took over for Shula. Then he brought in Wanny (which was kind of like when the Titanic scraped against the iceburg!) and I knew we were screwed. The team I loved since I was a kid was suddenly sinking. But no matter happens now, there is excitement among the fans. The coaching moves seem to be leading towards a more interesting offense. The Defense will be interesting to watch again this year (even if Surtain is gone :cry:). We had some decent moves in FA, and as far as the draft goes...it's a crapshoot. QB? RB? WR? Who cares? As long as we get the best player available at the time. I look foreward to seeing if Feeley stands and delivers or falls by the wayside. I look foreward to seeing if Ricky comes back (I hate what he did to us last year but redemption lies in a 1000+ yard season). I can't wait to see Feidler in a Jets uniform :roflmao: .

Morale is up for now in this corner.

I am glad everything was changed up, It seemed as though we were doing the same thing every year since Shula left. Nothing innovative. I hope Saban shakes things up and makes coordinators think about what they are going to do against us week in and week out

I like all the FA signing besides Evans (we got Morris and Martin at FB and Gordon and Minor at RB) and Tillman (unless we coudn't get Kennoy Kennedy).

arsenal said:
i love what he did with the coaching staff, i think that was our number 1 problem last year coaching, especially on the offensive side of the ball, give us the same team and same situation last year with this coaching staff and i bet we win way more than 4 games.... just that change alone has me excited, add in a high draft pick and im very excited and confident...

This is what I have been saying, how in the heck were we going to win any games losing our biggest offensive star, and having a Rookie O-Coordinator be the one to fix the problem....we were dead, way before the season started.

Saban a savoir, not yet. But he has done more this off season in an attempt to improve this team than has been done in a long time. He brought in one of the best offensive line coaches in the league. Now if our line does not improve, you have to start looking at the players and not the scheme. The same goes for linehan. In the past, look at what we did. We had a debacle at the OC position last year that made us the laughing stock of the league. He did alot more in FA than I believed we could do and we are still slightly under the cap. No matter what happens this year, he has brought a sense of pride and excitement back to the team. I like it and expect him to do great things for us in the future. Give him time and then we can pin the Savoir tag to his name.

Back
Top Bottom