Curious Case of Jake Fromm | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Curious Case of Jake Fromm

Reality is we have a bunch of picks this year and next year, and RYAN FITZPATRICK is going to be our quarterback next year, most likely.

Let's think about what that means.

Regardless of how we think Fitzpatrick played for us this year, he's 55-83-1 as a starter. He was 2-5 in Tampa, 3-8 the last time he played for Chan Gailey, and 5-8 this year in Miami. He's only had two winning seasons as a starter in his whole career (2-1 in 2017 and 10-6 for Chan Gailey in 2015).

Despite the Dolphins being a lot better this year than they should have been, they're a PRIME candidate to fall flat on their face and disappoint in 2020. We will see what they do in the off season, of course. But based on what I think is likely in the off season, it won't change things.

So you use a 1st round pick on a guy this year. OK cool. He trains on, probably replaces Rosen who is just wasting space and practice reps, and at some point in 2020 you put him on the field and start to see what he can do. But despite best efforts, your team sucks, Fitzpatrick sucks or gets injured or both, the rookie isn't lighting anything up, and now you're staring at Trevor Lawrence or Tua Tagovailoa (or Justin Fields) in the 2021 draft.

Take one! Who cares what people say!

Cardinals came out smelling like a rose for taking a shot on Josh Rosen and then following up by taking Kyler Murray. Their tactic should absolutely be a trend, regardless of how many idiots panned them for it. They even got a 2nd round pick back for Rosen, much to my personal dismay and foreboding.

Is that guy you take this year Jake Fromm if he comes out (which I still don't think he will)? Is it Jordan Love? Is it Justin Herbert? I don't know. You're going to have to figure out which guy works best for your team structure, not just your offensive system but your entire team philosophy and approach. You're also going to have to figure out if it works better that you grab a premium player like Jeff Okudah at one pick and then circle back with the next one. That will take a lot of intel and price discovery, but that's what teams do every year so they shouldn't be afraid of it.

I know this. If Jake Fromm isn't ultimately the guy, let's say you get a swipe at Tua Tagovailoa next year and you pounce on it, Fromm is probably still going to fit into the team structure. He will function in that QB room and he will maintain his trade value. I feel safe in that knowledge.

Exactly. Exactly. It’s almost as if the QB position is undervalued with regards to asset allocation. I was vehemently against Rosen deal but hopeful Miami used this line of thinking in said decision.
It may appear a wrong but if it remains a reflection of their QB strategy- it will prove ultimately right as part of process.
To explain, the NFL is divided by the haves and have nots. The haves - have a QB and HC- it’s that simple.
The QB is everything. It’s the reason why the Seahawks were right to pay Flynn and draft Wilson.
It’s reason Matt Ryan > Long.
It’s reason Rodgers > Ronnie Brown.
Reason Giants were wrong on Barkley.

We had 2 Dolphins Teams in late 1990s that gave up 15 points a game! 15! What did they win NOTHING.
It’s the reason you keep trying at it - because if you don’t have one- the deck is severely stacked against you.

Really liked Fromm LAST year. I saw some Bradyesque leadership, accuracy and calmness in the pocket.

He lost a lot of his playmakers this year and struggled some with the new guys(who are all studs but not experienced).

The last time Miami had a great QB they got him because he struggled his SR after losing most of the talent around him.Not saying but just saying.........:)

Him looking off defenders to create space and opportunities is very impressive, that's a skill that took Tannehill like 5 years to even be comfortable with.

I was higher on Fromm at the beginning of the season but saw some things this year that concern me. He kinda reminds me of Case Keenum.

He missed some throws that bugged me. That's really the bottom line with most of these guys, don't miss the throw.

But I also understand a lot of the worst happened when there was some major turmoil happening in the receivers unit.

So I was curios to see, since I am so high on him :p If Fromm has declared for the draft or not. Found this piece online with this very interesting tidbit:

"SI's Bulldog Maven can confirm that Fromm's decision was set to be announced at some point today on social media. However, after the reported meeting with Kirby Smart things have changed and the announcement has been delayed. We could receive a decision at any moment but was told the typical social media announcement might not be enough. "

Back
Top Bottom