Current cap #'s per ESPN | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Current cap #'s per ESPN

You know what is so screwed up about this site is that I can go to 5 other sites and get 5 different salary cap situations

As fot the Titans, I remember an announcer talking about how Eddie George is a huge cap hit for them. He either will be cut or take a deep cut in his salary.

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
As for the Titans,

As long as Steve McNair is the quarterback they will be a competative team.... They showed they could win without Jevon Kearse 2 years ago, I would let him walk.

But they will have a lot of losses to there starting roster.

Titans are a solid and well managed organization...I like em.

Originally posted by fin-atic
It makes you wonder when you see a team like the Rams who are way under and have all that talent. We are pretty clueless when it comes to managing the cap.

Actually, I believe those cap numbers are off. According to everything I've heard, the Rams are in cap trouble this year and need to do some trimming. I'm not sure where ESPN's getting those numbers but don't be so quick to judge.

The Rams cap figure doesn't include what they are gonna do about Orlando Pace. Remember when you say "with all that talent" not to include Pace because he is not a part of that cap figure.

It's hard to gauge the actual cap situation right now. Some of those teams that SEEM to be in great shape are worse off than us. We have most of our key guys under contract and still have some fat to trim off. A team, like Indianapolis might be temporarily under as shown, but wait until MANNING is signed.
You just can't tell by looking at the cap number without knowing details like free agents and # of players under contract...

Here we are three weeks shy of the new NFL business year -- which starts March 3 -- and only the Titans ($17.5 million), Dolphins ($10.5 million), Broncos ($5.7 million) Steelers ($4.7 million), Patriots ($4.6 million) and Bucs ($2.8 million) are over the cap. Two years ago at the same time, 13 teams were over. A year ago, the number was 12.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1733652

and here is what Rick needs to do with guys like Nails
One help has been the veteran minimum salary contracts that allow teams to sign veterans for $655,000 or $755,000 and have their salaries count only $450,000 against their caps.

The Patriots finished the season with 11 players who had those types of contracts. Under old rules, the extra $2 million it would have cost to sign these players would have made signing those players prohibitive. Now, that money that is saved against the cap can be used to keep starters and still have the experienced backups available.

Back
Top Bottom