Current Cap Space? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Current Cap Space?

Around 34-36 million afaik depends on what report you read. 6 is needed for the rookies though. So we will have 30 ish to spend and we still have ways to get more money if needed

Around 34-36 million afaik depends on what report you read. 6 is needed for the rookies though. So we will have 30 ish to spend and we still have ways to get more money if needed

gonna be less than that i think, pretty sure the 34-36 estimates (like on overthecap) dont' include hartline or matt moore yet. pretty sure after taking out rookies, which is another number being debated from between 3-6 million because of an exception, we are around 26-27 at best right now i think

The Dolphins can create an additional $14 million of cap space by releasing Richard Marshall, Patterson, and Carpenter. I fully expect them to release all 3 players once they draft their replacements. They will then be able to use whatever cap space is left for phase two of free agency after the draft to fill any holes that might left.

What about the cap carry over from last year. Thought that was another $6M. Is this already factored in?

gonna be less than that i think, pretty sure the 34-36 estimates (like on overthecap) dont' include hartline or matt moore yet. pretty sure after taking out rookies, which is another number being debated from between 3-6 million because of an exception, we are around 26-27 at best right now i think

I believe they have already included are recent signings of Hartline, Moore, etc.. So we have over 36 million to play with still.

The Dolphins can create an additional $14 million of cap space by releasing Richard Marshall, Patterson, and Carpenter. I fully expect them to release all 3 players once they draft their replacements. They will then be able to use whatever cap space is left for phase two of free agency after the draft to fill any holes that might left.

Yes. We'd be far better off cutting Patterson/Marshall, using some of that money on a FA CB, and get young in a deep draft class. I like Desmond Trufant in the 2nd a lot

I believe they have already included are recent signings of Hartline, Moore, etc.. So we have over 36 million to play with still.

I dont believe so.

overthecap has a nice breakdown of each team with all their players, and it already includes the carry over from last year (5.3 million for us) the dead money (around 3 million) and a breakdown of each contract.

right now over the cap has randy starks and his 8.5 franchise tag figure in there, but the restricted free agent tenders we just put, hartline, and matt moore are missing from not only the player listings, but their numbers dont factor into our cap spending yet.

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

What about the cap carry over from last year. Thought that was another $6M. Is this already factored in?

was 5.3 million, and its already been factored in

Dolphins had 36 million available before the signings of Hartline and Moore
so depending upon those contracts we could be around $30 million maybe less then
subtract around $6 million for our draft picks and we should be in the vicinity of $24 million

Most teams do not spend up to the cap 100% and leave $3-$4 million available
for trades and moves during the season so that $24 million might only be $20 million available

Back
Top Bottom