Curtis Weaver question | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Curtis Weaver question

so who is covering the TE?
.....not every single player has to be on a blitz or pass rushing every play. I'm simply saying out of the front 7 players, he will be fighting for playing time most likely. Baker and Van Noy will cover TEs sometimes I'd assume, but majority of the time, look for a DB- like Rowe

Did you guys see this? I didn't watch this part of the combine, but that's a solid three-cone time.

"Curtis Weaver, Boise State. Weaver has a unique, compact body for the edge rusher spot at just over 6-foot-2 and 265 pounds, which means his 7.00 time in the three cone was outstanding. Weaver is bendy on film too and uses his hands well at the point of attack."

Personally I think he will be a gem... If he has the kind of heart and hard work that it takes to excel without all the perfect "Measurables" then her will succeed if not he will find it difficult. At where we drafted him it doesn't matter we swung for the fences and have to wait to see if its a home run or not. I hope we Keep swinging.

When we picked him the announcer said Weaver had a "Dad Bod" lol I guess there were questions on body and physique. I say screw that, Charles Harris looked jacked AF, didn't help him get a sack in 3 years. Usually the old saying is Sacks in college translate to Sacks in the pros, scouts say going strictly off of combined numbers and physical stats don't indicate successful sack numbers in NFL. Best indicator of sack performance in pros is good college #s.... But it's also all a craps hoot so who knows

I hope he does better than Harris but I see him as a Harris type.

That article and a few of these posts are not being totally earnest.
He’s incredibly limited physically. He’s got short 32 inch arms - okay well so did a famous 6 foot pass rusher who ended up in Denver - but Weaver doesn’t have the moves he did. He needs to put a lot more effort into his repertoire.
He’s incredibly limited physically. He’s got short 32 inch arms - okay well so did a famous 6 foot pass rusher who ended up in Denver - but Weaver doesn’t have the moves he did. He needs to put a lot more effort into his repertoire.

With Weaver, i like that they grabbed him and traded Harris. If you would’ve told me prior to the draft we would turn the equity of Harris + the draft value of roughly a high6th round pick into Curtis Weaver Itake that all day.

There have been a few HOF (or should be) undersized LBs in the Dolphins history...Let us hope he is the next one.

I suspect Zach Thomas didn't even have 31" arms...lol.

As several have already pointed out, his lack of ideal physical "traits" and playing in the weak conference knocked him down.

That 3 cone drill is giving me some real optimism with him though, I think he is going to be a very productive rotational player for the Fins, maybe not right away, but i like his chances of out performing his draft spot.

There have been a few HOF (or should be) undersized LBs in the Dolphins history...Let us hope he is the next one.

I suspect Zach Thomas didn't even have 31" arms...lol.

i mean we’re talking pass rushers such as ROLBs and DEs not ILBs.

IMO he's either HR or strike out -- and should be evident pretty quick.

Flo has already been messin' with the kids head so that means to me

he's of "special focus." Probably a 1 trick pony but his solo trick could be

good enough for a blue ribbon. Great value pick for sure!

lol @ "dad bod". maybe having a full time job and our trainers will turn
this around.

Back
Top Bottom