Cut Albert Wilson Draft Ruggs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cut Albert Wilson Draft Ruggs

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
With an inflated salary and an often injured history, I would propose cutting human and drafting Ruggs at the end of 1/early 2. I think you can actually get him early 2 considering the depth of WRs in this draft. The run on WRs will start round 2.

First you save $9M by cutting Wilson, who I do like, but I’m tired of the injuries. Second, you get a player here that Tua is familiar with and can continue to build for the future with.

Would love to see this happen.

With an inflated salary and an often injured history, I would propose cutting human and drafting Ruggs at the end of 1/early 2. I think you can actually get him early 2 considering the depth of WRs in this draft. The run on WRs will start round 2.

First you save $9M by cutting Wilson, who I do like, but I’m tired of the injuries. Second, you get a player here that Tua is familiar with and can continue to build for the future with.

Would love to see this happen.
I'm down. However, based on the fact WR is an actual strength, that means we would pass up RB in round 1. you good with that?

why do we need to save 9 mil right now? we have wilson and grant. i love the bama WRs but why create unnecessary holes? we have so many to fill already.

its not as much about the money as it is the injuries. Why do we need a WR that’s not on the field for $9M.

I'm down. However, based on the fact WR is an actual strength, that means we would pass up RB in round 1. you good with that?

I think our WR squad is a bit overrated on here. People keep saying we don’t need another one. I call BS. Grant contract was a mistake. Wilson is not worth his $. you could essentially consider Gesiki a slot WR and that’s nice but he’s not test proven day in and out. Outside of DVP we have no proven players. I like Preston as much as the next guy, but off an ACL I don’t know what he’s gonna be, but he’s not a guy I would pay up big money for long term regardless. He’s the guy you get as a UFA and trade for some high draft capital/comp pick, Patriots style.

its not as much about the money as it is the injuries. Why do we need a WR that’s not on the field for $9M.
I don't have an issue with that reasoning, but i believe Wilson restructures anyway.

I do question the wisdom of factoring in "Tua familiarity", when making a draft pick.

If he's BPA, that's one thing, but being a Bama guy is irrelevant, IMO.

Particularly since Tua is not a "given" to start with.

Wilson is getting further from injury and you can tell that by his uptick in performance at the end of the year. I defiantly think he is a restructure candidate and he will likely take it IMO. Ruggs is going to light up the 40 at the combine and get over drafted thats one of my BOLD PREDICTIONS ONS ONS ONS (echo sound btw)

I hate the idea of spending a early draft pick on the only position that we are good in, especially for a speed WR. The John Ross's, Phillip Dorsett, Will Fuller type WR's never seem to be worth their draft invest anyways.

Last edited:
Highly doubt Ruggs is there at the end of the first/start of the second.

You could be right but given the depth at WR in this specific draft, that’s a mistake to take him top 20. He’s a Tyler Lockett type player. He honeslty doesn’t deserve to be a first round pick based on his route running.

Back
Top Bottom